***THE MIGHTY TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V BRAIN LEVERKUSEN ****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Like it or not, Lamela is a massive player for our system, Crunching tackles from Lamela and Rose usually stops pressing sides from getting into good positions. Any teams that were willing to press us will get a result from us without Mousa, Lamela and Rose.
We outplayed Woolwich last two seasons and dominated midfield but this time they will know how to get at us, right from the start they ll go for it. Dembelle injury is shredding our team to pieces. Before Poch finds out our best 11 it might be too late in CL and we might be back in Ropey with the same old problems.

Well that was a bit shit wasn't it?
Get there early the club said. ok.
Watch out for the extra security checks . ok.
Wave your mobile around the club said. ok
Sit there and look on in horror as the team forget how to pass it to each other while dicking around at the back gifting leverkusen chance after chance. I don't remember the club saying that, the bastards.

It's a shame they didn't remind the fans to put their phones back after the 'pretty light show'... 'cos it seemed that everyone around me was more intent on taking photos and mobile footage of the horror unfolding (evidence perhaps?)

Of the 85,512 fans there... I'd say a vast number were there for the 'day out' rather than contribute anything to helping OUR players...

It struck me that one of the main differences between our/English support and the Continental/German version, is that we make a noise WHEN something happens...
They make a noise UNTIL it does!

There's a subtle difference... but it's a potentially vital one!

The perceived notion that PLAYERS have to generate an atmosphere by DOING something for us to cheer about is indicative of the modern sense of self-entitlement that haunts the game now.

The repeated 'behind-closed-doors' silence of MANY (not all) the Spurs fans was embarrassing at times... especially when all you could hear were the Leverkusen fans (regardless of whether you're fans of the Capo/Drum and loudhailer) we can't deny we were royally outsung AND outplayed!

The Wembley factor never seems to affect the away team, does it?

Bar the uefa rules, would rather we were playing in front of 30k at WHL and generating an atmosphere than playing in front of 85k, a proportion of whom are there for a day out.

I only got to one champs league game at WHL ( Bremen) and the atmosphere was electric, I would love to have been at the inter match

I am dreading next season already if we are playing at Wembley

I think the club have it right with the new stadium and the one big stand, wish I could fast forward 18 months of football right now

How does levy do it? All 3 CL games for £70 seemed like a bargain at the time.
Now it seems like the sale of the century!
You gotta hand it to him.

Seriously considering not going to CSKA despite having a ticket because every time I go to Wembley we lose.

United - 0-0 (Pens)
Portsmouth 0-2
Chelsea 1-5
Chelsea - 1-2
Monaco - 1-2
Bayer - 0-1

That's a -9 goal difference too.

Fuck sake. :roseunsure:

You've already said on here that you are African/ mixed heritage? If I'm right, then I'm guessing that you wouldn't call a chump out on an issue of race. If I'm wrong at all, it's the first and probably last apology you'll get from me - you cunt.

:dierpochhug:

For what it's worth, old sausage cunt seems to me to be looking for trouble, using race as his soap box, & then shitting himself when he gets questioned. Leaves it a while (pretending to be be off the radar) then pops back up when he's allegedly somewhere bobbing around in the sea off the coast of Africa. Odd that the reception there seems better than when he's on land.
Wtf are you on about? I clarify my point and you fixate on being called a racist (that never happened) and reckon I'm somehow afraid of my own comments. You protest too much, son. Get over it. You're the one using the language of 18th century anthropologists, not I.

I'm in Glasgow. I'm going to Africa in a few weeks. Both places have Internet.

I think our tactical approach to all of the games we have played has been the same and that shouldn't happen. We have played the same style of football against West Brom, Sunderland etc as we have against Man City. I think Poch forces our players to make waaaaaay too many unnecessary passes when we our in the oppositions last third. We need to me more direct. We need to make more forward passes and not side ways. Our players need to dribble the ball more and drive it more often to the opposition's box. It's good to have a strategical approach against th likes of City, Woolwich etc where making more passses and switching our attack from left to right and left to right. But we need to be more direct and play simple football when it comes to West brom, palace, Sunderland etc etc etc.

Wtf are you on about? I clarify my point and you fixate on being called a racist (that never happened) and reckon I'm somehow afraid of my own comments. You protest too much, son. Get over it. You're the one using the language of 18th century anthropologists, not I.

I'm in Glasgow. I'm going to Africa in a few weeks. Both places have Internet.
Anyone could see where you were heading with your first reply to my post about Sissoko. I can't be bothered arguing the toss with you any more. You can backtrack all you like to try & justify the question you posed but it's odd that I'm not the only person who immediately picked up on it.

1882 1882

The fella next to me last night asked where you were as you 'sang the whole game' vs Monaco.

I did try mate honestly but was fighting a lost cause.

Ha... tell me about it... Club Wembley was just as bad (if not worse!)

I was with my mate, just to the left of the Leverkusen fans... so it wasn't total silence!

Seriously considering not going to CSKA despite having a ticket because every time I go to Wembley we lose.
United - 0-0 (Pens)
Portsmouth 0-2
Chelsea 1-5
Chelsea - 1-2
Monaco - 1-2
Bayer - 0-1

That's a -9 goal difference too.

Fuck sake.

...for the past 6 visits, every time any of us go to Wembley, we lose!
I've been to 5 of the 6 (I missed the LC Final vs. Utd)... and technically, we drew that over 90mins...
and there was me starting to think it was my fault!

Apparently it's a collective blame!!

Back
Top Bottom