The Mighty Spurs - Abu Dhabi FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Here's the best bit we could have ended up with a clean sheet if it wasn't for Hugo's worst 5 mins of his career
Had he kept a clean sheet, I don't really thing we'd have gone all out for the win, and wouldn't necessarily had the impetus to score...
a 0-0 draw would've been the best result in that scenario.
As it was, with them scoring (twice) we had to go out and score (twice) ...if only to salvage the draw.

The only shame, is that for all that effort and earning a point, it still feels like 2 dropped with those cunts scoring in the 275th minute of injury time today!!

wtf?

They really have a persecution complex. They probably call Liverpool "victims", which on this showing is the height of hypocrisy (and entitlement). Is there no one on that board to tell them to get a fucking grip? I bet they turned a blind eye to the Balotelli stamp and subsequent penalty, Rose's (to be rescinded) red card and penalty, Dawson disallowed goal, etc. And if yer know yer 'istory there was a Francis Lee goal that he punched into our net, and then laughed about it, Maradonna style.

I very much hope that Southstand Billy managed to get in a "Lads, it's only Citeh" before he got binned off. Those fans've got no class whatsoever.
To be fair to them I doubt any of them supported Citeh back in the Balotelli days.

What a grat result yesterday, we got battered fkr 45mins yesterday, that reminded me of the Dortmund game. City played some great football. As soon as I saw their line up, it was oh, they have gone gung-ho...it could go either way, but on reflection we gifted them their two goals and was clinical in our forward play.
Great game to watch and I personally don't think it was a stone wall pen for steriling, Walker risked a nudge as that all he had (or bring him down, remember United away last season) and he got away with it.
Can't believe the media outrage on that incident when united have been offside goal etc.. and Woolwich's handball against Burnley.
F.A cup next followed by two league games we have gotta get two wins.

fifas.jpg

Look how the perspective lines converge on either side

Last edited:
good day out yesterday and were lucky to get a draw but still can't help but be pissed off that we didn't go for it at 2-2. Everyone in the ground knew they were there for the taking

Look how the perspective lines converge on either side

I was waiting for you to edit this post in order for it to make sense.

Now you have, it still doesn't. All I know it's that there is a simultaneous misunderstanding of both perspective and the offside rule on your part.

Feel free to draw a line on the screenshot to show this crazy as fuck perspective line that keeps his head onside

Feel free to draw a line on the screenshot to show this crazy as fuck perspective line that keeps his head onside
You cannot draw a line parallel to the halfway line and just shift in 40 metres down the pitch - that is not how perspective works

You cannot draw a line parallel to the halfway line and just shift in 40 metres down the pitch - that is not how perspective works

Sterling isn't 40 metres into our half tho, he's about 12-15 metres from the halfway line. Then factor in the height, which markedly reduces the convergence effect (because, y'know, that's how perspective works).

The only way you could draw a line that shows Sterling is onside is if your convergence point is in Row H of the East Lower as opposed to the horizon

Some on here seem to be beating themselves up about the result, Trying to justify the outcome and argue the toss. This is football and bad days happen-you cant play the ref (bad day at the office). City should be ashamed of them selves, all that money spent, top coach (we are all led to believe) and stadium and they cant even get a result after dominating the game. We on the other hand showed great spirt and mental strength, bottle and a side to us that shows we are all grown up. Sterling, my least favourite player should be put down, he is lame because he keeps falling over.

The FAC is good timing focus to rest some players.Every one back for Sunderland and get back on track.
COYS.

I agree with Rose and Wanyama, and Rose was up against the mighty Zabaleta so was quieter than usual.
Walker is a very competent full back but he maddens me when he doesn't track back sometimes.
He did it again in this match. Unlike Rose, he doesn't go the extra mile.
Your just as stupid on the football pages as your are in off topic.

Doesn't go the extra mile. Walker literally plays his heart out for us week in week out and then goes the extra mile with a delicious cheet just to stop man city getting away from us. Walker is a magnificent spur

Last edited:
Sure this has been mentioned but looking at the fixtures we only have to play 2 of the top 6 and the rest 3 or 4. The media made it look like ours was a bad result but really the bad result was for Liverpool.

Haha - thought I'd nip over to bluemoon to see what they were talking about today, guess what, they are still bleating about not getting a penalty decision..

There are all sort of pictures with drawn on lines to prove sterling was onside, lines that are not true. Its laughable..
The top 2 subjects they are discussing are the post match thread which is on page 89 and all monarch my about the ref doing them over and the other one is how outraged they are at Poch for saying Spurs fans are bigger than them, that has really irked them..

They hate it that we are ahead of them when we have a net spend of £1m over the last 5 years and they have tried to buy success but have failed.
We have got right under their skin and it's beautiful..

Was trying to find SouthStand Billy SouthStand Billy 's trolling on bluemoon & they are having the same debate about offside/onside over there. Someone put up a still image that they claim showed he was onside.
So who knows? What I do know however is that whilst I was watching it in real time, I immediately thought Sterling was offside. If he wasnt then it's even funnier that we went straight up the other end & scored after Walker gave him a cheeky nudge. Fuck 'em. These "mega clubs" expect to get all their own way & Mariner did his best to help them the rest of the game.

Back
Top Bottom