Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

...by the thickness of the envelope i'd imagine!

It's the same company that manufacture the 'hot balls' in the Cups!

Seriously tho if that match was on sky it's four minutes minimum any game that's still in the balance regardless of any actual injuries , fat nuts also let them time waste a minute of the 2

Not sure how anyone can't see we need a 3rd striker. Not just because of this game but because we need something very different from what we have.

The same can be said of Chelsea in some regards but we have missed a trick in my opinion and whilst I really do get the desire to not just buy for the sake of buying, our striker need has been apparent for a long time, and it means we get close but not as close as we might.

All this talk of 'anti-football'... we deserved to win... Sunderland should be relegated...
we still have the players to BEAT a team with the 'quality' of Sunderland... they are poor, poor players... we have very very good players.
Unless they literally stuck 10-men shoulder to shoulder on the goal-line, I still think we have the quality to be able to get the better of their defenders... apparently, we took the 'Parked Bus' route and accepted our fate way too easily!

Considering the slow start to the season it's irrelevant. You can't start off that slow and then be just good, you need to be incredible if you want to catch up that space.

The team at top during Xmas usually wins the league. If we had a 3 point lead, that form would be great. But we don't, we're now 9 points behind and it's not good enough to win the title unfortunately.

Top 4 is now our aim.
Bollocks. Title challenge, F.A. Cup and European Glory is our aim.

FUCK OFF YOU KNEE JERKING CUNT.

Have you ever heard of draws - like it looks like being tonight? Fucking prick.

They drew because Liverpool are a good side. There's only 5 other teams who would be capable realistically of drawing with Chelsea, and some of them, like us, have already played them.

We're not catching up 9 points at this stage, there's absolutely no chance. Chelsea would need to lose 1 and draw 3. That's not happening.

You can win. You can lose. What matters most is putting in a performance. Our team did NOT do that tonight. Disappointing not to win. Fuming at the performance. People like Davies smacking shots from 25 yards when a pass is on is just plain daft. As for Sissoko. Wow. Just wow. You will NEVER see a worse sub in a Spurs shirt. Unbelievably bad.

I don't know why it happens but we were 3rd Gear all the way through. Play at pace v this mob and you win easy. But we constantly played slow and allowed them to keep their shape.

Hopefully it's not too damaging. But City and United will be happy. As for Chelsea. Well fuck them

Flat performance. We need at least two of our top four to be in form (Erikssen, Dele, Kane, Dembele) to break sides down, and they were all out of form today.

They drew because Liverpool are a good side. There's only 5 other teams who would be capable realistically of drawing with Chelsea, and some of them, like us, have already played them.

We're not catching up 9 points at this stage, there's absolutely no chance. Chelsea would need to lose 1 and draw 3. That's not happening.

With us winning too don't forget.

After failing to beat Sunderland away from home on one of those rare games Chelsea drop points, I wouldn't count on it.

Seems Sunderland have taken over from West Brom in the anti football tactics....
Still it could always be worse, a point gained on the gooners!
Got to look on the bright side we are second, it would take an awful lot to win the league, really can't see the <removed>s dropping that many points but there is always the FA and EL, take a double in our last season at the lane!

Quit crying we are not going to win every game. It is disappointing, but better result than the scum. The ref bailed us out vs city, so even though Mason was dogshit today, it is hard to complain too much.
The ref didn't bail us out unless the you don't count the Sane hack on Walker, the Sane handball for the first goal and the offside before the Walker incident. Tonight's reffing was ridiculous plus explain the 2 mins time added on either half

Back
Top Bottom