Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When the penny drops in this thread

eb9ce9764bd1647852449e5b6faf67f8.gif

Wow, some of you buggers have been spoiled over the last few seasons. We're 2nd in the table, in January, on a long unbeaten streak in the league.

20 years ago we were mid-table fodder. 10 years ago we were just about scraping into the top 6. The last 5 years we've been in contention for a CL spot EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Last year we were briefly in contention for the title, and this year we're only 2nd to a Chelsea team with no other distractions, a hugely expensive team and a one of the top managers in the world.

Cheer the fuck up.

The chance to go above Woolwich: Lost

The chance to go 7 points off the top: Lost

The chance to put space between us and City/United: Lost

And all to the worst team in the league. Well done, Tottenham.
Do you know what, GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Every fucking match thread you're in here moaning. Every single one.

Btw, we are above Woolwich.

Stop pretending to be a Spurs fan. We all know you aren't.

Just under 100 league games in charge and Poch has taken us from perennial 5th place also rans to the second best team in the league. Considering how huge that gap was previously between the top of the table and us id say we should be pretty fucking happy with where we are at the minute.

Were not gonna win every game, so stop your sniffles, blow your noses and settle down for a nice evening in front of Woolwich Fan TV (Seems like some of you have been auditioning for a starring role on it tonight).

It's easy to label other teams players as being more consistent and as having "that little bit extra" when all you see is their highlights. Im sure many a fan of other teams has wished for the regular brilliance of Son, Ali or Eriksen after watching them over the last two seasons. It's simple "grass is greener" stuff.

People are going to stir pots and fling shit after a result like this. Fact is that these results happen. We can't and won't beat everyone. Hypothetically - If we came up against a team of scared armadillos once a season, chances are that, on one fucking occasion, none of our players would know what is the ball and would spend 90 minutes kicking the piss out of the world's strangest animal, ending in a draw. It's just how it goes.

For the record, fuck hazard, fuck Coutinho and FUCK Sanchez.

I just hope Alan Shearer and the press allow Poch to pick whatever player in his squad, who are paid massive amounts of money by the club, that he wants.

I mean, god forbid we play the likes of Wimmer, Davies or Sissoko. Imagine if he brings on Janssen....what a fucking disrespect to the PL and a slap in the face to the fans that would be.

Doesnt he know that a squad is 11 players only. You have to play that same 11 every week.....would have been much fairer to the magic of the FA Cup if we went full strength and smashed plucky Wycombe 11-0 wouldnt it.

Rant over

:bmj:

Nice post .
Comparing Spurs supporters to Woolwich Wankers just because they are not wanking themselves senseless at a 0-0 away to shit like Sunderland.

Well done , you look big.

Who's trying to look big?! I'm not saying i'm delirious with happiness that we drew away to a Sunderland side who defended like heroes. But there is a happy medium between that and the over privileged expectation and constant bashing of the players and manager every time we have an off day, i'm sorry, but that reeks of those cunts next door.

Fucking Son ffs, he's utter shite

Son just fuck off to military service, you cant play football.

ffs Davies is shit.

Good one Walker. Fucking idiot.

Oh just fuck off Davies. Useless.

Fuck off Davies

This shit started before the end of the first half by the way..... If i'm gonna have to read this bollox i may as well be on some generic football message board.

Of course people are entitled to criticise it's a discussion forum, but for me being "Spurs" means supporting the shirt regardless of who is in it and how they play - win, lose or draw.... not this.

Just got home from the game and am ridiculously disappointed with our performance, lacked creativity all over the park and the play was so narrow it was unbearable just lucky other results didn't go against us.

Back
Top Bottom