Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

..and THAT is our title hopes officially over.

Never making up 9 points, sorry. Today was our opportunity to give us some hope.

Don't deserve the title. Can't even beat this shit away from home.

4 wins from 12 games away from home. Not good enough.

Time to go for the cups.

Quit crying we are not going to win every game. It is disappointing, but better result than the scum. The ref bailed us out vs city, so even though Mason was dogshit today, it is hard to complain too much.

I think we have to be realistic, top 4 is our aim again. Finish above Woolwich and in the top 4 and I'm having a party. A decent cup run would be the cherry on the cake, but the priority is still the league for me.

You've got to learn to finish 2nd before you learn to win. We didn't learn that lesson last season. I hope we learn it this. When we have fans who give up on the league in January, in 2nd, don't expect the players to give a shit.

We all saw how much they cared about 2nd last season. They need to prove to themselves that they are serious.

Dan's tweets sum it pretty nicely. Pochettino has progressed alot, now it's down to the players.

I'm also very disappointed at the result today, but it's just not in our own hands anymore to realistically challenge them for the title. We have beaten them at our place, in our last game against them at WHL, and I'm happy enough for that.

Let's seek a top 4 finish and try to go far in the cup competitions using a mix of our best eleven and youth players.

Players have let down today. I didn't believe we were in the title race after our loss at United, but Poch has prooved me wrong over the few weeks. The squad imo has been talking a bit too much about winning titles in the media. Top 4 is achieviable with a strong home form and some points from away fixtures, but not enough for the title.

Chelsea have drawn 2 games out of 22.

You can wank yourselfs off all you like over the thought of Chelsea drawing 3-4 games, but it isn't going to happen. Statistically they'll draw 1 more, maybe 2. But that won't be enough to win the league.
I think chelsea will drop enough pt's.
But we won't win enough games to capitalise on it.
Top 4 still on & still in 2 cups. Plenty to play for!

Yes mate we do. But I'm used to going into games with Charlton, needing a win to get us up to 12th. Forgive me if I don't know how to react to this 2nd stuff.

I know it seems that we all are still coming to terms with it, not easy being the bridesmaids, don't you just miss the gallows humour sometimes, when going to a game was a standalone event, that day that 3 points, nothing else mattered, I didn't look at who was 2nd 3rd or 4th in January, or even May at the time, didn't matter really

People just need to learn how to keep enjoying the game of football and not take it too seriously, its 11 morons you are relying on essentially, not a recipe for success all the time is it!

I've been saying for some time now we're just lacking a top notch creative midfielder to give our attack that extra dimension, I like Eriksen but he has yet to convince at a consistent level. Lets just enjoy the fact we're now consistent challengers for the top 4, some big teams will lose out this year and hopefully it won't be us.

Eriksen has been involved in more goals than the likes of Ozil and Hazard. He's statistically the most creative midfielder in the league. How much more consistency would you like from him?

Glad to see the players are all disappointed and not pleased with thier performance.
All think they should have done better and pissed especially after they found out about the other results.
Not content with a draw.
These things happen. We were not as good as we could be, especially first half, yet Chelsea managed only 6 more shots 3 more on target and had 7 less corners than us up there against the same central defence of Kone O'Shea 6 games ago. They found it hard to break them down yet managed to score, but they couldn't find another in 50mims. Despite dominating the possession similar to what we did.
It's disappointing but not the end of the world.

Last edited:
Im still surprised someone didnt just chop in him half with a knee high challenge off the ball one minute later.
The punishment is a simple yellow, and hopefully you break his fucking legs, bonus
It feels worse after we already had this not even receive a yellow card earlier in the season.

Swansea-Citys-Neil-Taylor-catches-Tottenhams-Kyle-Walker-in-the-face-with-his-foot.jpg

Meanwhile, Woolwich get a 97th minute penalty for a 'high boot'.

Can we just say that every game is a must win.

There are no games more or less important from here on in.
The more players we play, the more we will know.
The more that we learn, the more places we'll go.

Alan Shearer = "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter and does who matter don't mind"? Dr Seuss

Pundits talking about disrespcting the FA Cup, while disrespecting fringe players at every club.

Yeah, how dare Davies get a game against Wycombe wanderers....Sissoko, Son and Janssen cost 70M, but shouldnt play in the cups?

Fucking hell

King Lawro the Wrong has spoken:

Sunderland v Tottenham

Tottenham were given a scare by Wycombe in the FA Cup but then Mauricio Pochettino did make a few changes with this game in mind.

They are on a great run, but I actually think it will be difficult for Spurs to adjust when most of their regulars come back into the team.

Sunderland did not have a game at the weekend so they will be ready for them, and I am going for a bit of a shock result here.

Lawro's prediction: 1-0

:dembelefingers:

Back
Top Bottom