Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That was easily one of the most boring games I've ever sat through.

Everything set up to stifle us, long dry grass to stop us passing, 9 at the back, cynical fouling, ref giving them everything, cold night away from home midweek in January.........

Tim Vine called it 0-0 on TalkSport this afternoon...
the fuck does he know about football??

More than us lot on here apparently, we were expecting a scratchy cricket score!

Really boring game, we were toothless and 0-0 was the right result.

But fuck me some of you guys know how to complain, I wouldn't say Moyes parked the bus that much. They played defensively but of course they did! And there were only 3 changes IIRC between the two sides so there was never going to be much stoppage time.

Agree with Totti Totti league is over for me. This gap is similar to the one Leicester had last season and no one even got close to shutting that down.

Time to focus fully on Europa and FA cup. I think we can manage top 4, although if United and City win there is going to be big pressure.

Joke - that's the most anti football performance i think i have ever seen from a team. Joke. Can't wait till them cunts get relegated. I will laugh.
On another note - what a joke of a fixture that is for the team (or any team, for that matter). This distance travelled on a winter Tuesday night. Not fair on anyone - at a disadvantage for the get go.

The hysteria from some of you lads on here, when things don't go our way, gets a bit silly.
We all want them to do well, and we all get frustrated, but squealing nonsense doesn't help anyone, even when you use capitals, exclamation marks or profanities.

For some reason we really struggle at taking advantage of the situation presented to us

How does other results make any difference during our game. The players try to win regardless don't they. They don't sit there checking other results. Not even at half time probably. We weren't at our best and Sunderland gave nothing away and were well organised. Simple as that.

We would literally need Woolwich to beat Chelsea at the weekend to give us any HOPE of the title and even then, it's still virtually impossible.

Yep, we need that just to give us hope. I expect Woolwich will be up for it after losing tonight. At least we aren't Woolwich (always someone worse off than you and all that).

I don't care who you are playing with absolutely no intention of scoring a goal from open play is cowardly and shite. Imagine being a Sunderland fan going and making the trip, paying money to see that anti-football shitshow. Fuck em.
Sunderland fans also are paying to see their team stay up. Which they won't do if they go out and attack every team.

- We needed to start with 3 at the back today
- Son needed to start on the bench
- Subs need to come on earlier

Pochettino got it MASSIVELY wrong today and it's a shame he didn't change it sooner. MASSIVE game at the weekend. Middlesbrough won't be much different to Sunderland, very well drilled defensively, but home advantage should help.

The chance to go above Woolwich: Lost

The chance to go 7 points off the top: Lost

The chance to put space between us and City/United: Lost

And all to the worst team in the league. Well done, Tottenham.
Do you know what, GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Every fucking match thread you're in here moaning. Every single one.

Btw, we are above Woolwich.

Stop pretending to be a Spurs fan. We all know you aren't.

Back
Top Bottom