Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They drew because Liverpool are a good side. There's only 5 other teams who would be capable realistically of drawing with Chelsea, and some of them, like us, have already played them.

We're not catching up 9 points at this stage, there's absolutely no chance. Chelsea would need to lose 1 and draw 3. That's not happening.
Chelsea would like nothing better than for us to give up on the league. We're the only team likely to give them a fright.

Few things....

1. we're up to second, results have actually gone our way

2. Rose going off was bad, in the first half he was, as ever a good attacking threat on that left hand side

3. Pot shots from Davies and Wanyama are wasteful and a sign of our frustration, we should not be encouraging these guys to shoot from 25+ yards

4. we didn't keep it on the ground when we should have! Way too many poor floated balls into the box that was bread and butter for O'Shea and the returning Kone (who IMO was excellent!)

we'll be fine, an off night, win sat vs Middlesboro and all is forgotten.

Imagine if we went out of the FA cup for this too?

Poch had a week to prepare for the cup and rested players. I often wonder if this does more harm than good with our team, if Kane had played in the FA cup he'd probably have scored, which would have helped his confidence and possibly helped him to score in this game?

I feel like our team prefers to play as many games as possible to build up momentum rather than be rested.

I bet Man City can't believe their luck.. We drop points, Woolwich lose, Chelsea drop points, Liverpool drop points.

Amazing isn't it.

City can go level with Liverpool and 1 point behind us and Woolwich and Man Utd can go 3 points off us with a win tomorrow.

Pressure well and truly on.

Be honest Sammy, as the was going on were you at least once excited that a certain player on our bench could def change the game?

If we had that player Son would have been off as early as 46th minute. Poor recruitment last summer cost us points today.

But it wasnt the bench that was the problem. It was Kane, Alli, Eriksen and Son.

If thats not enough quality to unlock Sunderland then yes, we really need signings, but not for back up.
The forwards were all poor today.

You have to be able to deal with relegation fodder. Im not demanding a win, but not once did I sit up and shout "Go ON!!"

There just was nothing going forward. We were crap, and its not about signing new players. We were just crap today, its ok to say that. You cant demand new players every time we are rubbish.

Just under 100 league games in charge and Poch has taken us from perennial 5th place also rans to the second best team in the league. Considering how huge that gap was previously between the top of the table and us id say we should be pretty fucking happy with where we are at the minute.

Were not gonna win every game, so stop your sniffles, blow your noses and settle down for a nice evening in front of Woolwich Fan TV (Seems like some of you have been auditioning for a starring role on it tonight).

With us winning too don't forget.

After failing to beat Sunderland away from home on one of those rare games Chelsea drop points, I wouldn't count on it.

Aye, we'd need to win every single game and hope Chelsea have a dip in form.

Neither is going to happen. Chelsea have this sewn up and have too experienced a manager to let this go. Game over, time to focus on other things.

They drew because Liverpool are a good side. There's only 5 other teams who would be capable realistically of drawing with Chelsea, and some of them, like us, have already played them.

We're not catching up 9 points at this stage, there's absolutely no chance. Chelsea would need to lose 1 and draw 3. That's not happening.

Yeah but we beat the chavs 2-0 you gooner maggot troll!
I aware you only come on here when we loose or draw!!!
:dembelefingers:

Could have been worse guys. Defoe could of scored a winner! On a positive we are now second and we can all enjoy the melt down on arse anal fan boy TV

By GD means fuck all in the wider scheme. I highly doubt anything in the top 4 will be decided by GD.
You are a negative, sad dude =. going above Woolwich is positive, going 2nd in the PL positive. so far all the other results have gone for us- lets see what happens tomorrow.

It's very disappointing that we still don't seem to have a proper winning mentality that ensures we win games like this. It shouldn't even be a contest. It's no disrespect to Sunderland, but they're a very genuine pile of shite. They're practically dead as a team. Like Villa last season. Our players have real talent and, if we both believed it and worked for it, a genuine opportunity for a title... but results like this are just pissing away rare opportunities. I just don't think the mentality is quite where it needs to be.

Back
Top Bottom