Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just under 100 league games in charge and Poch has taken us from perennial 5th place also rans to the second best team in the league. Considering how huge that gap was previously between the top of the table and us id say we should be pretty fucking happy with where we are at the minute.

Were not gonna win every game, so stop your sniffles, blow your noses and settle down for a nice evening in front of Woolwich Fan TV (Seems like some of you have been auditioning for a starring role on it tonight).

Nice post .
Comparing Spurs supporters to Woolwich Wankers just because they are not wanking themselves senseless at a 0-0 away to shit like Sunderland.

Well done , you look big.

I'm sorry I aspire for my team to win titles while the rest of you are content to finish 2nd. Remember the celebrations we had at the end of the season as we graciously finished 3rd? We all cheered and was really happy, right? It will be forever remembered.

No one gives a shit if we finish 2nd or third. The game is about glory, no?

Too many people content with second best. Sort of people who would lose in a cup final and be happy we at least made it that far.

It was a poor game and the death of our title hopes. You can punch on other Spurs fans all you like, but it won't change that, it's just a reflection of your frustration with the team lol.

No one is happy with second, but we ain't going to win every game, maybe you should follow the likes of Barcelona where you can expect to win every game?

It's very disappointing that we still don't seem to have a proper winning mentality that ensures we win games like this. It shouldn't even be a contest. It's no disrespect to Sunderland, but they're a very genuine pile of shite. They're practically dead as a team. Like Villa last season. Our players have real talent and, if we both believed it and worked for it, a genuine opportunity for a title... but results like this are just pissing away rare opportunities. I just don't think the mentality is quite where it needs to be.

I think that's a slightly harsh view , games like these happen to all good teams Sunderland defended well and fat nuts ref made sure the game never has any tempo , nobody will take maximum points against the shit teams.

I love you.

Edit: and your own watermark too! Billy Big Bollocks.
:eriksenlol:

Indeed!

And before anyone asks, I have to do them with this thing looking at me the whole time

trial.jpg

Won't run, you say?
:levyeyes:

Chelsea have drawn 2 games out of 22.

You can wank yourselfs off all you like over the thought of Chelsea drawing 3-4 games, but it isn't going to happen. Statistically they'll draw 1 more, maybe 2. But that won't be enough to win the league.
But it's a professional duty to push them all the way. That's how sport works. I know you're young, and you've only been watching for a few years, but to give up now is unprofessional. We need to earn the right to be winners. Tanking the league with 15 games to go is not going to improve our player's mentality.

I get that you're disappointed - so am l.

Whilst the away game at City was most definitely a point gained/mugged... we won't come up against many teams worse than Sunderland...
A defeat at City, and a win tonight not only wouldn't have surprised anyone, it would've actually given us one more point than we currently have! ...and they ALL count!

...the fact Soonerlund put 11 men + the ref behind the ball can't disguise the fact that our away form is starting to look a little ropey. ....and next up away is Liverpool!!

We wouldn't have been happy for a point pre-match tonight, so we can't pretend to be happy with one afterwards...
It was hardly 'hard fought and we'll earned!

(then again, who saw Watford winning tonight?)

Its only a point gained BECAUSE of the Arse result... and I certainly don't want to go down the route of having to rely on THEM for our success!!

But if we lost against city they would be 2 points better off, so by us drawing we stole 2 from them.....

No one is happy with second, but we ain't going to win every game, maybe you should follow the likes of Barcelona where you can expect to win every game?

I don't want to win every game. I want my club to put in good performances when it actually matters. I want us to beat the shitty little teams like West Brom and Sunderland and Newcastle, especially when titles are on the line, instead of fucking crumbling and having some of the worst performances of the season against utter shite.

Fuck it, I'll focus on the positives of this gameweek.

- Chelsea failed to win
- Liverpool failed to win
- Woolwich lost
- Leicester lost and are 2 points off the relegation zone
- We are up to second
- Cleansheet
- 8 games unbeaten in the league

I'm sorry I aspire for my team to win titles while the rest of you are content to finish 2nd. Remember the celebrations we had at the end of the season as we graciously finished 3rd? We all cheered and was really happy, right? It will be forever remembered.

No one gives a shit if we finish 2nd or third. The game is about glory, no?

Too many people content with second best. Sort of people who would lose in a cup final and be happy we at least made it that far.

It was a poor game and the death of our title hopes. You can punch on other Spurs fans all you like, but it won't change that, it's just a reflection of your frustration with the team lol.

Yep, gotta sell everyone and fire Poch because we won't usurp a team on pace for 93pts.

Should stop work on our new stadium too. Fuck it.

It's very disappointing that we still don't seem to have a proper winning mentality that ensures we win games like this. It shouldn't even be a contest. It's no disrespect to Sunderland, but they're a very genuine pile of shite. They're practically dead as a team. Like Villa last season. Our players have real talent and, if we both believed it and worked for it, a genuine opportunity for a title... but results like this are just pissing away rare opportunities. I just don't think the mentality is quite where it needs to be.
Hold on now. By "games like this" do u just mean games we didn't win? There have been plenty of "games like this" that we have won this season. You can't win them all and and bar Chelsea running away with it we are SECOND in the league.

West Brom was a "game like this" and we destroyed them. Our mentality has changed MASSIVELY under Poch and will continue to do so.

I don't want to win every game. I want my club to put in good performances when it actually matters. I want us to beat the shitty little teams like West Brom and Sunderland and Newcastle, especially when titles are on the line, instead of fucking crumbling and having some of the worst performances of the season against utter shite.
Ok so that basically means you would accept if we were to lose games to the top 6 teams. Well if we did you know you would be here bitching saying, "if we are a trophy winning side then we HAVE to win the games against the top teams."

It's a lose lose argument with you.

Back
Top Bottom