Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we don't win the league, then I want us to at least finish second and beat our premier league points record.
Also win the fucking fa cup!!!

To be fair. They could quite easily drop points at Burnley (A), Woolwich (H), Stoke (A), Man City (H), Man Utd (A), Everton (A) - Bournemouth won't be easy either.

Problem is, we could quite easily drop points against Liverpool (A), Burnley (A), Woolwich (H), Man Utd (H)

I think they could drop points to Woolwich, maybe City. I'm not seeing United beating them, maybe a draw. Everton maybe a draw. I don't see Stoke, Burnley or Bournemouth doing anything.

Bournemouths home form for the past 2-3 months looks shit. 4 loss, 2 draws, 2 wins? I don't see that being an issue for Chelsea.

Even that situation above only gets us 10 points, which won't be enough.

I'm just not statistically seeing it.

Wow, some of you buggers have been spoiled over the last few seasons. We're 2nd in the table, in January, on a long unbeaten streak in the league.

20 years ago we were mid-table fodder. 10 years ago we were just about scraping into the top 6. The last 5 years we've been in contention for a CL spot EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Last year we were briefly in contention for the title, and this year we're only 2nd to a Chelsea team with no other distractions, a hugely expensive team and a one of the top managers in the world.

Cheer the fuck up.
Get out of here with you fucking balanced perspective, mate.
:adethumbup:

It's also a bit.....false.

Celtic, perhaps. Barcelona... not so much.

According to some posters this place is packed out with supporters who need their advice that they would be better off following another team.
I wish they would, it's so lame to keep saying that.

You're like our DT without the narcissism and manager hatred.

It's football. It's unpredictable. We'll be there or thereabouts. Chelsea will drop points. It'll be close.

Can you blame people for thinking otherwise though? We all said exactly the same last season and it never came. When we've been there before, it's not hard to think the same.

A bit like finishing above Woolwich really. We always like to joke about "They always finish above us", "Always find a way to finish above us" etc.

Gah... my brain can't compute with being frustrated by OUR performance, yet at the same time being ecstatic by Watford's!!

2 points dropped or 1 point gained??
I guess the fact WE didn't lose and the Arse did, means their lot will be way more frustrated tonight than us.
And THAT makes my heart glad!

Hold on now. By "games like this" do u just mean games we didn't win? There have been plenty of "games like this" that we have won this season. You can't win them all and and bar Chelsea running away with it we are SECOND in the league.

West Brom was a "game like this" and we destroyed them. Our mentality has changed MASSIVELY under Poch and will continue to do so.
I mean Sunderland now: they're utter gash; I'm comparing them to Villa last season. Even Poch has just come out, said we were poor and that he's disappointed. No need to pretend that we should be happy clappers tonight. It's clearly a bad result. Not the end of the world or the end of our ambitions this season at all - with our quality they should still remain high - but it's still a bad, disappointing result.

Moyes parking the bus at home.......shameful but effective

Never seen so many chances which Spurs players couldn't even get on goal. Gotta get it on net to even give it a chance.

At least Woolwich is staring at our azzes via that table.

I think they could drop points to Woolwich, maybe City. I'm not seeing United beating them, maybe a draw. Everton maybe a draw. I don't see Stoke, Burnley or Bournemouth doing anything.

Bournemouths home form for the past 2-3 months looks shit. 4 loss, 2 draws, 2 wins? I don't see that being an issue for Chelsea.

You know Burnley have the 3rd best home record in the league? They will cause Chelsea ALOT of problems.

You're like our DT without the narcissism and manager hatred.

It's football. It's unpredictable. We'll be there or thereabouts. Chelsea will drop points. It'll be close.

We all said the same about Leicester and it ended in catastrophe.

For me, I'll watch it but until we get 5~ points close I won't have a huge vested passion and be stressing over us needing last minute winners.

More interested in the cups from here on in.

You've got to learn to finish 2nd before you learn to win. We didn't learn that lesson last season. I hope we learn it this. When we have fans who give up on the league in January, in 2nd, don't expect the players to give a shit.

We all saw how much they cared about 2nd last season. They need to prove to themselves that they are serious.

Chelsea have drawn 2 games out of 22.

You can wank yourselfs off all you like over the thought of Chelsea drawing 3-4 games, but it isn't going to happen. Statistically they'll draw 1 more, maybe 2. But that won't be enough to win the league.
You could also wank yourself silly over the though that our squad, considering most think the fringe players are not up to it, would win the title and go all the way in all cup competitions.
Who would have thought at the start of the season we would be 2nd at the beginning of February?
Yet it was a much more reliable guess to think Chelsea, or even Liverpool or Man City, would be challenging for the title.

You know Burnley have the 3rd best home record in the league? They will cause Chelsea ALOT of problems.

That's 2 points then.

So let's imagine Chelsea have lost to City, Woolwich, drew with United, draw with Stoke and draw with Burnley. That's 12 points.

That means we have to win every single game and we're allowed 1 draw. That isn't happening.

Oh well that's it then, onto next season I guess........
Bit like when we were 2-0 down against city, and 2-3 against WW..... this is the thing about spurs we don't give up u till the end and the end is a long way of yet. It's football and anything can happen, the only thing we can really take for granted is when it doesn't go to plan cunts like yourself will be the first on here all happy that we haven't won.....

That's 2 points then.

So let's imagine Chelsea have lost to City, Woolwich, drew with United, draw with Stoke and draw with Burnley. That's 12 points.

That means we have to win every single game and we're allowed 1 draw. That isn't happening.

Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom