Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

3 goals and he gives us 9 points.

We've got the most draws in the entire league. If he scored 3 goals at crucial times we'd be 6 points better off, no problem.

It would be very, very easy for Mane to add 6-9 points to our team.

And just for reference, Mané has gained Liverpool 3 points through match-deciding goals.

Do one.

Right, right.. We have Kane and Dele who have both scored more than him, and Son who have scored just 2 less in 600 minutes less. But no, Mané would have given us an extra 10(!) points.

He's scored 9.
He's assisted 7.

Points won with goals:
2 at Sunderland, scored the goal to get them a draw.
5 at Everton, scored the goal to get them the 1-0 win.
8 at West Brom. Scored and assisted to help them win 2-1.

Hey look, that's 8 points in a Liverpool team inferior to us. Maybe I was right and he would have gotten us 6-9 points =)

Do you think we'll win our next 16 games?
Nah, there's only 15 left - that's 45 points to play for - we're in 2nd, 9 points behind. I would suggest, humbly, that it might be a good idea to unleash our vibrant young team on a forlorn chase, just to make the chav cunts actually win it. We should make it as difficult as possible for them.

Poch doesn't care about the cups, so we need to show up in the league.

No reason to talk about the title anymore. Not going to happen, 1) difference in points too high 2) I'm pretty sure the PL haven't seen a champion so far not beating Sunderland away. That's just the reality.

We are still having a great season nonetheless. Think it's a good time to involve more youth players again, as our hands seem tied a bit with the new stadium. Winks is establishing him and I really think that we are going to see more of the likes of KWP and Edwards in the next few months. COYS!

But the title-challenge talk has to stop here. The thing, is we lost 2 points here which are now unobtainable, unless Sunderland will defend properly like this against other teams, which I don't believe they will do.

Again, Poch often talks about the mentality and the need for us to get it right more consistently. I'm not melting. You're just a bit weak-minded, I guess.

:pochserious2:
Weak minded? Grow up. And your so "strong minded" you resort to insults at the first sign of someone disagreeing with you. Good chat.

He's scored 9.
He's assisted 7.

Points won with goals:
2 at Sunderland, scored the goal to get them a draw.
5 at Everton, scored the goal to get them the 1-0 win.
8 at West Brom. Scored and assisted to help them win 2-1.

Hey look, that's 8 points in a Liverpool team inferior to us. Maybe I was right and he would have gotten us 6-9 points =)

Seriously. This is getting fucking retarded.
1) We are talking about the league. He's assisted 5, not 7. You can't count cup games when talking about "gained points" you absolute nutter.
2) Sunderland? He scored a 2-1 goal. Defoe equalized. That's not a match-deciding goal!?
3) Everton. Correct. 1-0. The 3 points he's gained them this season.
4) West Brom. Jesus Christ. He scored a 1-0 goal before Coutinho made it 2-0 and West Brom made it 2-1. That's not a match deciding goal. Seriously, are you having a fucking laugh?

3 goals and he gives us 9 points.

We've got the most draws in the entire league. If he scored 3 goals at crucial times we'd be 6 points better off, no problem.

It would be very, very easy for Mane to add 6-9 points to our team.

Ok. Did you want him when he was available and who would you drop to accommodate him? This all sounds a bit wise after the event.

Nah, there's only 15 left - that's 45 points to play for - we're in 2nd, 9 points behind. I would suggest, humbly, that it might be a good idea to unleash our vibrant young team on a forlorn chase, just to make the chav cunts actually win it. We should make it as difficult as possible for them.

Poch doesn't care about the cups, so we need to show up in the league.

Do you want a cup or to scare a team that in all likely hood is a good 80% likely to win the league whatever happens? I'd want a cup and top 4.

Ok. Did you want him when he was available and who would you drop to accommodate him? This all sounds a bit wise after the event.

I think he could have fitted in as our back up striker rather than Janssen and we have no other top quality AM's, other than our starters.

Our top AM's: Eriksen, Lamela, Dele
Good AM's: Son
Young or unknown: N'jie, Nkoudou, Onomah.

Mane could have taken anyone's place eventually, much like Wanyama took Dier's even though none of us would have guessed it.

I have no idea what my personal opinion was earlier on in the summer, perhaps I even disagreed with it, but I distinctly remember most of the forum being gutted when he went to Liverpool. Hindsight 20/20, I know, but that's looking like a big mistake.

I think he could have fitted in as our back up striker rather than Janssen and we have no other top quality AM's, other than our starters.

Our top AM's: Eriksen, Lamela, Dele
Good AM's: Son
Young or unknown: N'jie, Nkoudou, Onomah.

Mane could have taken anyone's place eventually, much like Wanyama took Dier's even though none of us would have guessed it.

I have no idea what my personal opinion was earlier on in the summer, perhaps I even disagreed with it, but I distinctly remember most of the forum being gutted when he went to Liverpool. Hindsight 20/20, I know, but that's looking like a big mistake.

Ok J. Fair enough. He would have been a better signing than Sissoko. Lol.

Agree with that, but a cup and top 6? Poch isn't going to go for the cups. If he does, and we win one, I'll be made up.

A cup and top 6, I'd say no, I agree.

All depends on how the next few weeks play out. If we build a gap over United and City (5-7 points~), I think we should go in strong for the cups after Huddersfield (Play reserves for that). After that it's 3 games to win for a trophy, I'm sure our starting 11 can handle an extra 3 games.

There's been quite a few games where we've rested our first team for the cup games, thinking we'd save our first team for the league and then lost anyway. Seems to me like resting our first 11 rarely pays off for us (Tonight too + CL campaign).

Top 4 takes priority over everything, simply due to the stadium.

I'm sorry I aspire for my team to win titles while the rest of you are content to finish 2nd. Remember the celebrations we had at the end of the season as we graciously finished 3rd? We all cheered and was really happy, right? It will be forever remembered.

No one gives a shit if we finish 2nd or third. The game is about glory, no?

Too many people content with second best. Sort of people who would lose in a cup final and be happy we at least made it that far.

It was a poor game and the death of our title hopes. You can punch on other Spurs fans all you like, but it won't change that, it's just a reflection of your frustration with the team lol.
Im sorry you are wrong and clearly do not look at the wider view...
Content with second best, you are joking? (there is only ever two teams on the pitch) This shit (results) happen. Look at Woolwich.
This was a hangover from the FAC weekend. Look at the teams that took part and then look at all the teams that did well tonight. Most had that edge for being rested because they were not involved. Its easy to be negative and look at the down side of results. Just try to find 3 positives in tonights game and other results, it will be the making of you. There are many positives if you look. Calling others disappointment is out of order-how do you know how I and others feel. There is still a long way to go and points to be won.

Back
Top Bottom