Liverpool away - 11th Feb - 1730hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

C4EakW6WMAAwEng.jpg

Need to step it up for this game.

Chelsea has a couple of easy fixtures and a draw here can be the nail in the coffin.

Think we had a good performance against Manure away but we lost our chances and gave away a silly goal. That can't happen neither the 1st half against City.

I don't like changing our team style but I think we have to for this one. More people in the middle with fast counter, having at the same time the ability to have some creativity in the middle.

If Rose is fit:

Lloris
Walker; Alderweireld; Dier; Wimmer; Rose
Wanyama, Dembele
Sissoko; Eriksen; Alli
Kane

I'd start Sissoko ahead of Son for this one to protect Davies from Mane threat, Son's defensive contribution is not as good as Sissoko's.

I agree Sissoko offers more defensively, however, Son is a far greater attacker. He has the ability to given Clyne hell. I'd be tempted to put Son on the right and have him up against Milner. He could cause him some real problems. I think we'll go 3-5-2 though.

Need to step it up for this game.

Chelsea has a couple of easy fixtures and a draw here can be the nail in the coffin.

Think we had a good performance against Manure away but we lost our chances and gave away a silly goal. That can't happen neither the 1st half against City.

I don't like changing our team style but I think we have to for this one. More people in the middle with fast counter, having at the same time the ability to have some creativity in the middle.

If Rose is fit:

Lloris
Walker; Alderweireld; Dier; Wimmer; Rose
Wanyama, Dembele
Sissoko; Eriksen; Alli
Kane

Go in with the 12 player formation, I like it.

I agree Sissoko offers more defensively, however, Son is a far greater attacker. He has the ability to given Clyne hell. I'd be tempted to put Son on the right and have him up against Milner. He could cause him some real problems. I think we'll go 3-5-2 though.
Agree, I'd bring Son on 2nd half, fresh legs and all that. Having seen the dippers struggle to brake teams down recently, I'd happily give them the ball and counter them. This isn't about scoring the first goal, this one is silencing the dipper crowd, they will be up for this as the pressure is mounting on them to end their shit run and if they loose/draw they know that there is a real possibility they will not qualify in top 4, again, crowd is going to get very nervous. They are also feeling the heat from Manure who are picking up the points.

I think to win this game we might need our best performance of the season or pretty close to it.

This is last chance saloon for Liverpool in terms of any lingering hope they have for the title and whilst a top 4 slot will remain a distinct possibility for some time, a loss to us might just dent them to the point of no return for this season at last.

On Liverpool though, it also shows that what Leicester did last season with the same limited number of games was just a Halley's comet type of occurrence.

Huge game. I would definitely take a draw right now and say job well done. Without doubt we will need one of our big players to have a big game.

I think this game could be a barometer of our progress. We're a better team than they are, can we show that at Anfield. We need to improve our record there if we're to challenge at the top of the table. No doubt these fuckers will raise their game 100% against us. We'll need to be at our best. Play like we can and its a Tottenham win.

I doubt very much Rose will be fit for this... we haven't heard anything Offish from the club, would suggest he's a while off yet...
having said that, Liverpool away wouldn't be the game for him to return if he did have ligament/knee damage... he'd be expected to run for 90+mins which again, if he's only just returning from injury, I wouldn't want him to do, for fear of making it worse!

The back 4 has served us pretty well in the past few games... yes, it doesn't allow us to be as 'dynamic' going forward as the 3 CB's do, but it does allow a more organised, traditional back 4, from which it frees up an extra attacking/midfield place... which I can only assume will be Son, based on his past few games.
If he's in form, and scoring, we need to harness that, and make the most of it.

I'm going for old school 4-4-2, with the possibility of a 'modern tweak' to 4-2-3-1

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Dier, Alderweireld, Davies, Wanyama, Dembele, Eriksen, Dele, Son, Kane][/formation]

Sissoko has been disappointing so far but he is more suited to start in this game in my opinion.

Not sure how this game is going to go except that we are miles ahead of Liverpool in terms of ability and consistency and mental strength. Their defense is a shambles and that is not a recent thing. Ours is superb and is not a recent thing either. We'll probably win 1-4

Sissoko trying to play out of the Liverpool press. :pochwtf:

To be fair he is one of the only players in the squad who, when he breaks forward, actually keeps going forward.

Dembele and Eriksen drive me nuts at times. Ghost away from three players, then do everything in their power to go back past them the wrong way

:avbcringe:

Even with Rose fit, I'm not sure Poch trusts Wimmer or CCV to play as a third CB in a 3-4-2-1. Will be 4-2-3-1, probably until Vertonghen is fit again.

To be fair he is one of the only players in the squad who, when he breaks forward, actually keeps going forward.

Dembele and Eriksen drive me nuts at times. Ghost away from three players, then do everything in their power to go back past them the wrong way

:avbcringe:

Sissoko would be unplayable on twice as long a pitch.

Dippers are in terrible form, which means they'll put in a performance against us. We need to be on top of our game for this especially with both Vertonghen and Rose missing down our left side.

We've not had a win at Anfield since 2011. Time to do it again!

Can we start signing Que Sera Sera at games?

Technically it's true, and it'll piss teams (especially Liverpool) off.. knocked out the FA Cup by Wolves and the league cup by their reserves.

Back
Top Bottom