Liverpool away - 11th Feb - 1730hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's not a clown and we are not clueless nor pathetic. However today his tactics have been clown like, we have seen a lot of players playing like clueless school boys and some of our commitment, desire and bottle has been completely missing.

You are right to defend the team broadly. But not right to defend that absolute shit 45 minute.

I certainly never defended that 45 mns though.. I said it was awful and it was, but some of the comments like Poch is a grade A clown are embarrassing, the point I was making was - how can all those thpings be true if we are 2nd in the league???

And bottling it, as we so often do, against a team on their worst run of form in 14 years. Surely even you can understand the frustration.

Absolutely, I hated watching it, it was like going back to AVB days when we were conceding 5 and 6 regularly..

Worst half I've seen since those days.. I fail to see how that makes Poch a grade A clown though. He got it wrong without a doubt but he has taken us to 2nd in the league and 3rd last season so he can't be that bad can he?

Worst performance of the season, all on Poch for me.
Unlike HR Poch will do the right thing and shoulder the blame. Tonight it was down to the players having a bad night collectively. The whole bunch had messed up, that's football, we move on to the next game. liver were so superior,they wasted time for the last hour, that was in respect of how good we are. COYS

They beat our press often. They skipped past many challenges in midfield.
Dembele and Wayama pretty much failed to break up any of their play in the first 20 minutes.
Sure, things stabilized somewhat in the second half, but it was enough that we were down 2-0 by that point, so, have to say it was a failure overall.

Tight contests against quality opposition often come down to discipline and focus over a full 90', and we were soundly overcome in that department today even if we did alright 'for the most part'.
Agree with most of that apart we barely laid a glove on them, we didn't press them, we didn't close down any passing lanes, it was easy for for. You don't need technical ability to press and close down, you need organisation, big heart and lungs. We didn't have that. Nothing to do with technical ability the other poster said.

Absolutely, I hated watching it, it was like going back to AVB days when we were conceding 5 and 6 regularly..

Worst half I've seen since those days.. I fail to see how that makes Poch a grade A clown though. He got it wrong without a doubt but he has taken us to 2nd in the league and 3rd last season so he can't be that bad can he?

As annoying as games like this are, it's worth remembering that Chelsea, United, Woolwich, City and Liverpool all pay far greater wages than us. Yet here we are season after season finishing above one or more of them.

That shd be Dier's last game in defence

Play him where he's most effective in front of a back four

Thought he actually did alright today- lots of good blocks and challenges. I would even say he put in a good shift overall, especially as a "right-sided CB playing in a left CB position." (Poch talk)

Our problems were mostly in midfield and as a result Dier had to play fireman way too much. It's hard to look good doing that whilst losing.

Unlike HR Poch will do the right thing and shoulder the blame. Tonight it was down to the players having a bad night collectively. The whole bunch had messed up, that's football, we move on to the next game. liver were so superior,they wasted time for the last hour, that was in respect of how good we are. COYS
Poch should take the blame, he's had a week to get the team ready for this match, he knew what players would be missing, he must have know Liverpool would be coming at us like a train in the first 20 mins or so, so why not sit back and soak it up, its not hard to work it out

Liverpool won't hit a team again this season like they came at us.
We are second. Our 3 losses are away against the Chavs, united & this lot.
It was fucking horrible today, but I doubt the Dippers will play better, or we will play as badly, again this season.
Still not fielded our strongest XI all season.
And each loss seems to coincide with Rose not playing.

Edit- he did play v United.
Other points still stand.

I genuinely thought with Poch we'd seen the last of these spineless gutless "spursy" performances of years gone by. How wrong I was. And how fucking shit do I feel tonight for allowing my hopes to be raised in the first place

Oh poor John had his hopes raised. We lost a game of football, our 3rd in the league. Do you expect to go a season unbeaten?

Back
Top Bottom