Liverpool away - 11th Feb - 1730hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The 63 year old child that is Bazali Bazali is on a disagree spree. It's wonderful for me to imagine his Farah slacked, cardiganed up, slipper wearing, angsty fury, caused by some cunt on the internet who thinks he's a joke carpet dealer from Norfolk.

Awaits the X with keen anticipation.

So why pm me asking me to stop disagreeing with you then??

Still your mate Scott is right behind you!!!

Maybe I am cardiganed up (Pringle of course) and my hand made slippers on but I'm sober!!

Yes sober Joe

Try it sometime!

Normally we can play like that even against United or Woolwich and fuck around at the back and get away with it because they don't press so hard what Liverpool do is go full throttle at the backline with their forwards, their midfield and defence press up behind their strikers and give no space to pass around, this covers their defensive weaknesses and enables the likes of Mane to have a go at us.

Luckily there is only one Liverpool, we won't have to deal with that style again unless we meet a German team in Europe. The best way to counter that style is to play like Redknapp used to against big teams, sit deepish, tight and compact, hit hard on the break with fast wingers and midfield runners.

For that we need new Bale's and new Lennon's. It's a shame we didn't get Mane or Osumane Dembele or someone like that with real skill, pace and a good brain as that is the type of player you need for that style.

Not sure if it is Poch not wanting to change or more simply that we lack players able to play counter attacking football, we do have Nkouduo but he hasn't shown the final product yet. I feel Liverpool will be an issue for us for a while.

I know I harp on about Winks but he improved us when he can on with his mobility and class on the ball.
Agree with most of what you say Tomo apart from the bit about pace, we have that, saw a stat earlier in the week that we have scored the most counter attacking goals in the league!! Remember that teams that always (there only goals) come from counters only score 1 per game if that I.e teams like WBA, Watford, Hull etc

We were poor today, very poor. We left Davies far too exposed and that's what cost us.

We take it on the chin, learn from it and move on.
We haven't got a league game until Stoke and we have 3 out of the next 4 league games at home.. It's a set back but we can still rectify it.

Let's just pretend it's 2010, not post on a forum with a load of strangers and get on with our lives!!

Anyone want a pint I'm buying, see you at the lane for the Southampton game, 8 winnable games coming up

I expected us to put in a performance in our most important match of the season. Not lie down like a bunch of fucking pussies getting our tits slapped. So yeah, I do feel a tad disappointed.
I'm disappointed - aren't we all? l apologise for my catty rebuke, but we should see things in perspective. We have a tendency to get carried away when we're doing well.

Who said anything about celebrating??? I am stating facts.. you really are a sad individual aren't you..

This is the most you've posted on this forum since errrrm oh yeah, since we Lost to Chelsea..

Says a lot does that..
You talk so much fucking shit even I sound reasonable. I've been posting on here after every win and praising the team and manager when they've performed well and make me happy. For some reason you seem only to pick out my angry stuff and ignore the rest. Your like a some sort of stalker. Is criticism still out of bounds even after today's performance. You must love a good defeat just so you can come on here and cunt me off for venting my anger. Top Boy

Welcome to the forum! Couldn't have picked a better day to join ; )

Don't know where you are at these days, Erik, but we sure could have used you out there today.
-XXOOXX, Spurs Fans

Haha thanks! I've been meaning to join and post for a while now, just happened to coincide with that result and performance...it wasn't my fault I promise!

I agree with what you said about Lamela, no matter how good or bad he's playing he never hides, never shies away and IS a leader for us. I would have loved for him to have been back for us!

I think people need to get a bit of perspective from somewhere. Today we were shit. We approached the game wrong tactically. It was away to a team who we have a history of struggling against, who to their credit have yet to lose to a top six contender this season (which thankfully they make up for by losing to relegation fodder on a regular basis). It's right that we should be disappointed and talk about why this happened. BUT, we have only lost three games all season (all to top six sides) and we have played more of the tough fixtures than anyone else. We have an excellent manager and players coming back from injury. We're second place still. Those saying we are going to blow it based on this one game, saying we'll finish outside the top four need to stop melting and put stuff in perspective. It's fucking cringe, frankly.

Evening all, long time reader, first-time poster.

Obviously, today's game was massively depressing to watch we lacked any urgency and it looked like the players just couldn't be asked. We made Liverpool look a lot better than they are. Personally, I would have gone for 5 at the back to give Davies some help with Mane and Clyne and then brought Son on later on as an impact sub.

I've been reading a lot today (mainly on Twitter) about our bench and also our lack of strength in depth...however people seem to forget that we have lost the best keeper in the league, lost the best defence in the league (individually and as a unit), lost the best striker in the league at various points across the season due to injury. We've also been without Dembele because of his suspension and Lamela has also been out for months. All of these injuries meant that the players were missing for several weeks, not just 1 or 2 games. Which other team in the league could take hits like that across the season and still be where we are? Liverpool lost Mane for I think 5 or 7 games, 1 player! Look how much they struggled!

Of course I'd love for Poch to turn around, look at his bench options and bring on a top player, however, unfortunately, we're not 'there yet' there are several clubs in this league that can outbid / out pay us and it will be like that until we are up and running in the new stadium.

I love what our manager has done for us since he took over and I can't wait to see how far he takes us once we are at our new home and we can afford to spend more on transfer fees and wages.

Apologies for the long post.

COYS.
yes your right, but this summer we spent £60M on 3 players who if we had Jan, lamella, Rose available would not make the subs bench, and that is wear my disappointment comes from, we spent all that money this summer £80+M this summer and only Wayama could get into the team, so £60m of our hard earned has been wasted and no-one openly at the club takes the blame

You talk so much fucking shit even I sound reasonable. I've been posting on here after every win and praising the team and manager when they've performed well and make me happy. For some reason you seem only to pick out my angry stuff and ignore the rest. Your like a some sort of stalker. Is criticism still out of bounds even after today's performance. You must love a good defeat just so you can come on here and cunt me off for venting my anger. Top Boy

Grow up Dick.

I've criticised our performance, but I haven't thrown my toys out the pram and stamped my feet like a pathetic little Girl..

Is it just me who's laughing at you? no it's not, many are doing the same, the penny will drop one day.

Evening all, long time reader, first-time poster.

Obviously, today's game was massively depressing to watch we lacked any urgency and it looked like the players just couldn't be asked. We made Liverpool look a lot better than they are. Personally, I would have gone for 5 at the back to give Davies some help with Mane and Clyne and then brought Son on later on as an impact sub.

I've been reading a lot today (mainly on Twitter) about our bench and also our lack of strength in depth...however people seem to forget that we have lost the best keeper in the league, lost the best defence in the league (individually and as a unit), lost the best striker in the league at various points across the season due to injury. We've also been without Dembele because of his suspension and Lamela has also been out for months. All of these injuries meant that the players were missing for several weeks, not just 1 or 2 games. Which other team in the league could take hits like that across the season and still be where we are? Liverpool lost Mane for I think 5 or 7 games, 1 player! Look how much they struggled!

Of course I'd love for Poch to turn around, look at his bench options and bring on a top player, however, unfortunately, we're not 'there yet' there are several clubs in this league that can outbid / out pay us and it will be like that until we are up and running in the new stadium.

I love what our manager has done for us since he took over and I can't wait to see how far he takes us once we are at our new home and we can afford to spend more on transfer fees and wages.

Apologies for the long post.

COYS.

I liked your post, but it's TFC protocol to make one's first post a weak joke in the joke thread. I can see you're going to be trouble. Welcome. :dierpochhug:

It's embarrassing.. We've lost 3 out of 25 in the league and all of a sudden we are a a joke according to the usual suspects..
It's a fucking football forum. It's where fans come and vent their anger at performances like today. Do you think that forums of the other top 5 would be full of sweetness and praise for their teams after a display like that. Of course not. Why should we be different? Why should we always be the ones expected to bend over and take it up the jotter. Why ???

We are in the EL on Thurs, FAC soon and sitting top 4 in the PL-unveaten at home and have 3 decent players to return.

Liverpool have Fuck all other than top 4. Klopp purposely and was happy to get knocked out the cups because top 4 is what he wants=desperate. They are not good enough to fight on more than one front.

Back
Top Bottom