Gent v Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree, and Lloris in particular has made the right noises in this regard.

Problem is, we've heard this sort of rhetoric before and then it's followed up with a bafflingly weak squad being fielded in a difficult Europa League match (as with Dortmund).
Let's see what tomorrow's lineup is like before trusting the 'we need to give it our all in this competition' line.
Just watch Poch start Onomah, CCV, and Harrison.

We need to win this away. Because our home game is also set away? Wembley is it not?

So if for nothing else, let's get used this season to play at Wembley by playing as many games as possible there so it can be a semi-proper home arena next year.

Plus I wanna see Lloris lift the trophy.

Really hope we play a strong team and put some of those Champions League demons to bed today. If we pointlessly rest players in this and the Fulham game we could easily be looking at losing three on the trot (thus running the risk of beginning a very bad run of form) and being essentially out of every competition. Disagree that the Europa League is our best chance of winning a trophy, it's a long slog of a competition, I think the FA Cup is still the one we're likeliest to win (if we have one of those years and keep getting favourable draws each round - meet a decent side before the final and we're out), but I'd far prefer to win the EL. Although winning the FA Cup would be amazing also.

Anyway, if I get home this evening and find Onomah starting I will not be happy.

1 Hugo Lloris
2 Kyle Walker
15 Eric Dier
27 Kevin Wimmer
33 Ben Davies
17 Moussa Sissoko
12 Victor Wanyama
20 Dele Alli
29 Harry Winks
7 Son Heung-Min
10 Harry Kane

Prediction that a Belgian newspaper made.
Good luck to you all, i hope for a great match.
Que sera sera, whatever will be will be, We Are Going To Wehembley!
#COBW

Undoubtedly the majority of those who disagree also thought we would beat Liverpool last weekend.

I prefer to try and see beyond naked nepotism.

Congratulations, we lost to Liverpool and you were right.......we are as shit as ar.senal, with no leaders, our away form is average to crap, we are in a shit mickey mouse cup thats not worth being in and we are too shit to win anyway.

I see you are still here, in the thread for the match you said you wont be watching or supporting any EL games until the final. I suspect you will be here tonight, praying for Gent to score, and pointing out any bad passage of Spurs play so you can compare us to The Scum, and remind everyone that we are no different but at least they lost to Bayern in the CL, and we are just playing some Belgian team in the EL.

Congratulations on your "see through the rose tints" level of support.

Newsflash mate, some of us fucking love wearing rose tinted glasses. Its called football.

Rationalise all you want, just goes to show you really dont get it

Congratulations, we lost to Liverpool and you were right.......we are as shit as ar.senal, with no leaders, our away form is average to crap, we are in a shit mickey mouse cup thats not worth being in and we are too shit to win anyway.

I see you are still here, in the thread for the match you said you wont be watching or supporting any EL games until the final. I suspect you will be here tonight, praying for Gent to score, and pointing out any bad passage of Spurs play so you can compare us to The Scum, and remind everyone that we are no different but at least they lost to Bayern in the CL, and we are just playing some Belgian team in the EL.

Congratulations on your "see through the rose tints" level of support.

Newsflash mate, some of us fucking love wearing rose tinted glasses. Its called football.

Rationalise all you want, just goes to show you really dont get it
He's a gooner troll - don't bite

Back
Top Bottom