Spurs Vs. Stoke (Home) - Kick off Sunday 1:30 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You really are a cretin of a cunt! Only a cunt such as you could put a negative on a great performance! Fuck off wanker! See you n xt time we don't win........

Negative? Someone called me out and I responded with the reason why I didn't comment. I think if someone doesn't watch the game they don't have the right to comment on the game. Fairly sensible and obvious stuff.

I'm very happy we won, but I still think it was the wrong formation. Is what it is.

Agree, could well be the fact he's trying to train the guy to become an effective part of our system rather than him running about aimlessly for five minutes and getting the fans on his back.

Ultimately it's pure speculation
That is where I think we over complicate football. Somehow it is better for him not to be on the pitch playing football.
The only way he can improve for us is by being on the pitch.

Negative? Someone called me out and I responded with the reason why I didn't comment. I think if someone doesn't watch the game they don't have the right to comment on the game. Fairly sensible and obvious stuff.

I'm very happy we won, but I still think it was the wrong formation. Is what it is.

Funny how you never watch when we win, in future please never watch a game again....

Poch is done with Janssen....and why on earth would janssen be ahead of Son (a player that actually scores and creates) if we were making a sub anyway?
Poch is a fair man so naturally he would replace Kane with Son who has proven himself. He's not gonna put on Janssen, a player that rarely if ever poses an attacking threat regardless of scoreline. This isnt a damn charity.
Then why is he being put on the bench over GKN or Edwards? If Poch is done with him why not try and offload in January or at least send him on loan. Seems like a poor decision from Poch to me

I don't know why Poch put Son in instead of Janssen, but who knows if he might have put Janssen in earlier had Jan not come off hurt around the 70 min mark (let's not forget that Toby had already been subbed). In any case, this is going to play itself out by summer.

Funny how you never watch when we win, in future please never watch a game again....
Just an incredible reaction to a 4:0 win he didn't even watch.

Shame we couldn't add more in the second half, I can't remember the last time we properly tore a team to pieces scoreline-wise and Stoke were ripe for letting in 7 at least. But oh well, I'll take that result!

So stoke had 14 days or so rest, we had just over 48 hours......
Well impressed today, got the game won in the first half!
This is all without Rose and Lamela, good things to come if we can keep this momentum and get Rose and Lamela back to fitness!

Just hope Toby is ok

Just an incredible reaction to a 4:0 win he didn't even watch.

Shame we couldn't add more in the second half, I can't remember the last time we properly tore a team to pieces scoreline-wise. But oh well, I'll take that result!

some people aren't happy unless we don't win...
I just hope Son was watching how Kane set up dele' goal......
:sonhmm:

And as I responded. Like every other club.

Whether people like it or not or want to accept it or not the variety of goals and goal scorers in our team has dropped.

2015-16
Kane - 28
Lamela - 11
Dele - 10
Eriksen - 8
Son - 8
Chadli - 7
Toby - 4
Dier - 4
Dembele - 4
Carrol - 3

Total top 10 = 87

2016-17
Kane - 19
Dele - 13
Son - 11
Eriksen - 8
Janssen - 4
Wanyama - 3
Rose - 2
Lamela - 2
Winks - 1
Davies - 1

Total top 10 = 64

The fact Janssen is in our top 5 scorers, followed by Wanyama, says everything imo. Toby has 1 vs 4, Dier has 0 vs 4, Dembele has 0 vs 4. Far less variety in our goals than last year and Kane scoring a hat trick and Dele chipping in today doesn't change that.

Happy with the result, but we need more goal scorers in our team. Some teams will triple or double mark Kane and Alli out of games and at that point we don't tend to score at all.

Back
Top Bottom