Spurs Vs. Stoke (Home) - Kick off Sunday 1:30 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Motd have confirmed that we are 2nd on tonight after the pundits play fifa17 to try to guess how the Manchester derby would have panned out

Vorm......(Lloris dropped the ball against City)
Wimmer for Jan (Jan fired too many shots over the bar)
Sissoko for Dembele (that eye gauge on Costa still grates me, disgusting)
Trippier for Walker (fouled someone once if I remember rightly)
Janssen for Kane (glared at the ref last night. Not ok)
Pardew for Poch (he didnt bitchslap Alli as he walked off)

Teach these cunts a lesson, internet forum style

I went to the game with a friend today, who brought along her son for his first game, so I was pleased with the result for his sake. He said that he felt at home - my heart just melted!
The way the game went, I was hoping for double figures, but not meant to be. Very happy with the first half, and was hoping for more of the same for the second. Hope Toby and Jan going off were just precautionary, and when Harry went crashing into the post, think the whole ground was holding their breath until he came back on.
I don't dislike Ben Davies, but he is no Danny Rose. We miss him bombing down the wing, soooooo much.

Whether people like it or not or want to accept it or not the variety of goals and goal scorers in our team has dropped.

2015-16
Kane - 28
Lamela - 11
Dele - 10
Eriksen - 8
Son - 8
Chadli - 7
Toby - 4
Dier - 4
Dembele - 4
Carrol - 3

Total top 10 = 87

2016-17
Kane - 19
Dele - 13
Son - 11
Eriksen - 8
Janssen - 4
Wanyama - 3
Rose - 2
Lamela - 2
Winks - 1
Davies - 1

Total top 10 = 64

The fact Janssen is in our top 5 scorers, followed by Wanyama, says everything imo. Toby has 1 vs 4, Dier has 0 vs 4, Dembele has 0 vs 4. Far less variety in our goals than last year and Kane scoring a hat trick and Dele chipping in today doesn't change that.

Happy with the result, but we need more goal scorers in our team. Some teams will triple or double mark Kane and Alli out of games and at that point we don't tend to score at all.

Lol are you seriously comparing a whole season against 66% of a season and musing over why one is bigger than the other.

:dembele:

People calling for Dele to be dropped are very naive. He was silly yesterday, however it's completely out of the question to drop him.

After Kane he's out biggest goal threat. He causes so many problems for defences and gives the team options. He knows he owes the team and fans after Thursday.

The bite he shows makes him the player he is. Rooney was the same, but the media dragged that out of him.

"Shall we mark that bloke that's already scored?"

"Nah"

"But he was the golden boot winner last season?"

"Yeah, but.... Nah"

Back in your caves for another week melts, this is the happy clappers thread now.

:wanyama:
Back in your caves for another week melts, this is the happy clappers thread now.

images

Whether people like it or not or want to accept it or not the variety of goals and goal scorers in our team has dropped.

2015-16
Kane - 28
Lamela - 11
Dele - 10
Eriksen - 8
Son - 8
Chadli - 7
Toby - 4
Dier - 4
Dembele - 4
Carrol - 3

Total top 10 = 87

2016-17
Kane - 19
Dele - 13
Son - 11
Eriksen - 8
Janssen - 4
Wanyama - 3
Rose - 2
Lamela - 2
Winks - 1
Davies - 1

Total top 10 = 64

The fact Janssen is in our top 5 scorers, followed by Wanyama, says everything imo. Toby has 1 vs 4, Dier has 0 vs 4, Dembele has 0 vs 4. Far less variety in our goals than last year and Kane scoring a hat trick and Dele chipping in today doesn't change that.

Happy with the result, but we need more goal scorers in our team. Some teams will triple or double mark Kane and Alli out of games and at that point we don't tend to score at all.
If we are smashing teams 4-0, do you really give a fuck whether Lloris chips in with the odd goal? Every silver lining seems to have a fucking cloud for some.

Back
Top Bottom