Tottenham Hotspur vs Millwall FA CUP

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Easy to be wise after the event re Kane but after our performances in the earlier rounds he had to start. Lamela got his injury in training if I recall correctly and so could Harry. Think it was worse leaving Dele on when we were 3 goals up as an injury then would have been a disaster.

On my way back from the game. Took a cab from Tottenham Hale and missed whatever shenanigans there was outside the ground. Inside, Millwall were nothing more than a crap West Ham support. But they were targeting Sonny from the off. Wankers. I'm in the South Upper and I didn't hear any hissing at all. It was more likely when we were going "shhhhhhh" because they were, for supposedly excited away fans, shite. Most of the "uhhhhhhhhhh" din was us too, simply taking the piss.

Great atmosphere from us and a nice send off for WHL and the FA Cup. I stayed behind today to watch the ground empty, and try to take in the old place. WHL is a corker of a stadium. It is so tight, so compact, and even in the upper tiers you are very close to the pitch. I know the new stadium is as good as we could hope for, but WHL is something else. I really hope we don't lose the soul of our club.

COYS

:sonlol:

how good was Winks, the kid's a marvel
shrewsbury gag was good but overall who cares

a superb professional performance and Cup send off for WHL.1

They hold a note for ages, no words, no tune just woooohaaaaaa. We gave back a what the fucking hell was that, but then after every goal that went in from or 3rd(??) we did it back.

Hahah.....I heard them do it the first time, but didnt realise it was us after that.....hilarious!

The Yids sounded epic on tv.....outsung them all game, good show mate

All very well but nothing about them chanting Chink at Son? I couldnt care less if our lot turned up to give it the biggun...better than them cunts strutting into WHL and everyone shitting their pants. They are proud of being scum, so let them know that they are.

Clearly I am Not defending Millwall. Abusing Son is unacceptable, abusing anyone is unacceptable. I did not hear that from where I am ( block 31 ) I would honestly say I heard almost nothing of any volume ( and merit) from their lot all the way through. If they racially chanted on mass then let's hope action is taken, it won't be

I respect your right to not careless if our lot give it the biggun. I tend towards agreeing with you. Except today what I saw were misguided young men and frankly dumb bastards with little to no respect for their fellow supporters, this behavior was not targeted at Millwall and that is the problem I am digging out.

Hahah.....I heard them do it the first time, but didnt realise it was us after that.....hilarious!

The Yids sounded epic on tv.....outsung them all game, good show mate
Yeah, they were noisy with it until approx our 3rd goal, whenever you hear it again it was all Spurs doing it. It was a bit like The Lane of yesteryear today, by that I mean the Paxton were starting songs, singing from all four stands. love it.

Millwall had nothing, so it is hard to judge. They were really poor.
True.
We played some good stuff, but the 2nd half was like a training session at times.
Winks stood out
Eriksen had a decent game.
Toby was again consistent with Jan.
I think the greasy pitch was hard to negotiate. There were a lot of bad first touches . Never seen Trippier miscontrol so much. It wasn't a complete performance. There were some mistakes yet they were just not good enough to capitalise.
Decent goals all of them, except maybe the last which was a bit lucky, either side of the keeper, perfect but they all count.
Thought Dier was very poor. Got done a few times first half and most of their half chances/scares came from his mess ups.
For most of the game nobody really had to get out of 2nd gear.
A professional performance.

Yeah, they were noisy with it until approx our 3rd goal, whenever you hear it again it was all Spurs doing it. It was a bit like The Lane of yesteryear today, by that I mean the Paxton were starting songs, singing from all four stands. love it.

Couldnt believe my eyes, the West Lower nearest to them were standing up and absolutely giving it!

Clearly I am Not defending Millwall. Abusing Son is unacceptable, abusing anyone is unacceptable. I did not hear that from where I am ( block 31 ) I would honestly say I heard almost nothing of any volume ( and merit) from their lot all the way through. If they racially chanted on mass then let's hope action is taken, it won't be

I respect your right to not careless if our lot give it the biggun. I tend towards agreeing with you. Except today what I saw were misguided young men and frankly dumb bastards with little to no respect for their fellow supporters, this behavior was not targeted at Millwall and that is the problem I am digging out.

Fair enough mate I wasnt even there...didnt mean to pull you up on it in that sense

:thumbup:

loud hissing from their fans at one point
Obviously no excuse for racially abusing Sonny, that goes without saying.

However, regarding the hissing, perhaps we need to be slightly carefull. My niece (37 at the time) and brother in law (68) were at the West Brom at home game last season. They had tickets in the Park Lane, right next to the Baggies. They told me about the hissing, loads of it they reckoned. I mentioned it on a Guardian Football thread and had a few WBA who were at the game saying they weren't like that at all, it's a common Shhhhhh thing they do (like in "Can you hear the XXXXX sing... Shhhh" I suppose), they seemed genuinely mortified it had been taken the wrong way.

Now I don't know one way or another, but its a possibility...

Just to repeat, no excuse for the abuse of Son, obviously.

Obviously no excuse for racially abusing Sonny, that goes without saying.

However, regarding the hissing, perhaps we need to be slightly carefull. My niece (37 at the time) and brother in law (68) were at the West Brom at home game last season. They had tickets in the Park Lane, right next to the Baggies. They told me about the hissing, loads of it they reckoned. I mentioned it on a Guardian Football thread and had a few WBA who were at the game saying they weren't like that at all, it's a common Shhhhhh thing they do (like in "Can you hear the XXXXX sing... Shhhh" I suppose), they seemed genuinely mortified it had been taken the wrong way.

Now I don't know one way or another, but its a possibility...

Just to repeat, no excuse for the abuse of Son, obviously.
Fair enough, it's possible I misinterpreted it at the time. I think I was expecting it from them, due to their reputation and because of the abuse already aimed at Sonny, so when I heard what was essentially a loud hissing sound I presumed the worst. I accept there are other possible explanations for it though, I wasn't in the ground myself.

Couldnt believe my eyes, the West Lower nearest to them were standing up and absolutely giving it!
Yeah I saw that (I'm opposite in East Upper). I used to sit in the block next to that for a number of years, so it was heart warming to see as that is dominated by foreign fans (they are also in upper West tier as well, next to the away fans). I have no issue with foreign fans if they contribute to the atmosphere and they were giving it in that section today. Long may it continue.

Back
Top Bottom