The mighty Spurs Vs Woolwich K.O: 16:30 Sunday 30th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Actually thought he was pretty level headed to be fair. Unlike some of the other deluded cunts that get on that "show" regularly.

They have a big incentive Sunday. Last NLD and a chance to kill our title hopes. We have it all to lose. We are the better side, that's without question but we have to prove it and ram it home on Sunday!
I have to disagree...
He talks from his own agenda (and his arse) - he sees everything in his own narrow simple way. He's hasn't got a clue, really. Just bemoans about everything and thats always the easy option. Why doesn't he talk formation, Wenger substations or the best way to play us. He thinks his the big man, on a two bob TV, being detrimental towards us is about his limit of humour. To put it simple, a complete TWAT!

Actually thought he was pretty level headed to be fair. Unlike some of the other deluded cunts that get on that "show" regularly.

They have a big incentive Sunday. Last NLD and a chance to kill our title hopes. We have it all to lose. We are the better side, that's without question but we have to prove it and ram it home on Sunday!

DT really is an odious little cunt

89 is usually enough to win the league. In fact I think the last time a team in second place got 89 points, so did the team in 1st with City winning on goal difference.

It would be very unlucky if we finished second on 89 as it'd be joint highest amount of points for a team finishing second. We'd also have to give Chelsea credit.

Na fuck Chelsea, like giving a 100M champion credit cos he used steroids. I'll give Leicester credit, United credit, Liverpool credit, teams that didn't dope with blood money.

For the parrot
For moving into our turf
For bribing their way into the league at our expense
For the years of embarrassment in the 90s For judas
For the Pires dive
For lasagne-gate
For dodgy west brom goalkeeping
For 'whose name is Harry kane'
For 'what do you think of Tottenham'
For Poch and his wonderful team
For White Hart Lane
For Ugo
And for our fans who have stuck by the club through thick and thin

PLEASE! Let this be the day it finally happens.

COME ON YOU SPURS. NORTH LONDON IS OURS

For the League Championship :parker:

DT really is an odious little cunt
I don't watch it regularly so only got that clip to go on. He was talking after a win tho so I assume that's a lot less animated than he usual is.

The only one I've seen a few clips of is the "Blud" "Fam" guy. And he's on another level! Lol

Just need to win this match. When do we ever have everyone fit for a big match? Great to have Rose back but doubt Dembele will play. Win will not only ensure we end up above them but be a big blow to them getting CL football. Are we now getting to the stage where we have to back ourselves to get enough points for 2nd+ and look for the Manchester clubs and Liverpool to get enough points to keep the Woolwich out of CL places?

I won't except anything but a win. We have to win the last NLD at WHL. I don't even care about finishing above them. I just want the win so that we can rub it in their faces.

Love this piece from Souness on rivalries. I've lifted the North London Derby bit, read the rest in the link:

On Rivalries | The Players' Tribune

I first learned what a rivalry really was at White Hart Lane.

Well, to be honest, I probably learned it first from the Woolwich fans clinging to the top of the team bus in hopes of sneaking into the grounds for the match. How exactly they got on to the top of the bus, or how long they’d been there — for the life of me — I do not know.

What I do know is that I never experienced anything else in my career quite like that day.

I had just arrived to Tottenham in 1968, only 15 years old at the time. A lot of lads, they grow up going to matches with their fathers or mates. Those Saturdays or Sundays when you head over to the stadium, probably with a scarf on — knowing every word, every clap and every pause to the supporters’ chants. I never actually had that experience. Don’t get me wrong, growing up in Edinburgh, I was all too familiar with the Hibs and Hearts rivalry. My father grew up in Leith — Hibee territory — just off of Easter Road on Albert Street. But I’d be playing in the morning for my school team and in the afternoon for the Scottish School Boys league. So until I moved down South I didn’t really see that side of the game.

Until I witnessed my first North London derby.

I was just in the youth side at the time, but we’d get tickets through the club — sitting way, way up — to watch the older lads. In those days, I’d walk over to the grounds … I lived only about a mile’s walk away. I had done it plenty of times before for training. But that day, as I got closer and closer to White Hart Lane, all I could see were people filling up the roads and lanes around the park. I’ll never forget that. Just the amount of … people.

I mean, a total mob of supporters from both sides. The North London derby is still enormous today, but things were a little different back then. For one thing, you could show up to the grounds the day of the match and get tickets. But of course, this isn’t any regular game. This is the derby. So they reckon about 250,000 people showed up to White Hart Lane, which at the time only held about 50,000.

Two-hundred and fifty thousand. It blew me away. Let me remind you, I had come from a city where that would’ve been half the population.

GettyImages-3319861.jpg

It was utter madness.

And then the Woolwich team bus arrived … trying to make its way hopelessly through the main gate … as the legs of half a dozen Woolwich supporters dangled from above. Supporters swarming everywhere.

I’ll never, ever forget the site of tens of thousands of people, with literally nowhere to go.

Or the results. That’s the other thing that I learned that sticks with you. You never forget when you beat — or when you lose to — your city rival. And the result that day wasn’t too great for us.

Win or lose, that night will always be my first derby day and the night when football changed for me … in a way.

Every supporter knows what those matches mean — the bragging rights, the scarves and all that. I maybe saw that firsthand a little later than the rest, but from that night I knew. I understood.

I just didn’t think football rivalries would take me to the forefront of religious and political debates in Scotland, or find me standing in the middle of a pitch staring down dozens of angry Turks ready to turn me into mince….

So for those of us not lucky enough to have a golden ticket? Where are people watching?

I'd quite like to go somewhere with a good few fellow yids with a decent atmosphere. Not sure if i can be arsed with the Bill Nic, will be soul destroying watching the pub clear out 5 mins beofre kick off leaving just me and the pole dancers.

I'd quite like to go somewhere with a good few fellow yids with a decent atmosphere. Not sure if i can be arsed with the Bill Nic, will be soul destroying watching the pub clear out 5 mins beofre kick off leaving just me and the pole dancers.

leaving just me and the pole dancers.....
leaving just me and the pole dancers.....
.... me and the pole dancers

:pochsmirk:

So for those of us not lucky enough to have a golden ticket? Where are people watching?

The hope and anchor in horsey is a great place to watch the game. Will be packed with spurs.

I'm watching it at the Unicorn in Barkingside. Usually a 50/50 split between Spurs & Gooners. The banter is generally decent humoured but it can get lairy.

Back
Top Bottom