The mighty Spurs Vs Manu K.O: 16:30 Sunday 14th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

May I be the first to say I dont have a problem with Stubhub

:dwi:
Personally I think you were ripped off with your last minute ticket buy this year (although I understand why you had to do it).

I don't mind a reselling facility. What I object to is a system that doesn't have a realistic cap that basically allows season ticket holders to fleece their fellow fans, often fans who have been to countless matches and spent years on the season ticket waiting list themselves. I've never passed on a ticket for anything other than face value and I don't think that would ever change.

I kind of agree. If you accept that tickets are going to be resold, then surely it's better for there to be a recognised THFC approved outlet rather than some iffy Facebook/Twitter/Ebay method.
It's still legalised touting though. Dress it up however you want. When some cunt operates a business that allows other cunts to profit from a fellow fan's desperation, then it's wrong. Face value plus any reasonable add ons to cover admin/postage etc & nobody would have the slightest gripe. Asking for double or treble face value is the biggest cunts trick to pull. And it's part of the reason that rich tourists rather than genuine fans end up sat in the stadium, adding nothing to the product. It's part of the Fabric though.

With the exception of keeper he's gone strong tonight. Hope to see Jones and Smalling on Sunday.
C_kHKPNW0AA0GBa.jpg:large

It's still legalised touting though. Dress it up however you want. When some cunt operates a business that allows other cunts to profit from a fellow fan's desperation, then it's wrong. Face value plus any reasonable add ons to cover admin/postage etc & nobody would have the slightest gripe. Asking for double or treble face value is the biggest cunts trick to pull. And it's part of the reason that rich tourists rather than genuine fans end up sat in the stadium, adding nothing to the product. It's part of the Fabric though.
I only ever used StubHub once, and got a ticket in the front row of the East Stand upper almost dead on the half way line. Daniel Levy was directly opposite me across the ground. I was clearly in a season ticket holder section, as everyone around me knew each other. The regular sat next to me chatted and said the bloke that normally sat there had gone to a wedding. Yes I paid over the odds, but as I now realise it was my last visit to White Hart Lane I have no regrets.

I only ever used StubHub once, and got a ticket in the front row of the East Stand upper almost dead on the half way line. Daniel Levy was directly opposite me across the ground. I was clearly in a season ticket holder section, as everyone around me knew each other. The regular sat next to me chatted and said the bloke that normally sat there had gone to a wedding. Yes I paid over the odds, but as I now realise it was my last visit to White Hart Lane I have no regrets.
I don't say you should have regrets mate. I say that you shouldn't have had to pay over the odds in the first place. If the chap couldn't go because he had other commitments (if indeed that's true) then he should have been happy that his seat went to another fan. Rather than making money out of you. That's the part I can't agree with. I just think that it's a cunts trick.

I don't say you should have regrets mate. I say that you shouldn't have had to pay over the odds in the first place. If the chap couldn't go because he had other commitments (if indeed that's true) then he should have been happy that his seat went to another fan. Rather than making money out of you. That's the part I can't agree with. I just think that it's a cunts trick.

I get your point. To be honest I have no idea how much of the cost was the StubHub markup. I don't think they are unique with their ridiculous fees.

The worst example I've ever found was buying tickets for a gig at Wembley Arena and still being charged a "Booking and Handling Fee" of about £10 despite me buying it direct from their ticket office within Virgin Records in Oxford Street. All they did was print the ticket and hand it to me.

Personally I think you were ripped off with your last minute ticket buy this year (although I understand why you had to do it).

I don't mind a reselling facility. What I object to is a system that doesn't have a realistic cap that basically allows season ticket holders to fleece their fellow fans, often fans who have been to countless matches and spent years on the season ticket waiting list themselves. I've never passed on a ticket for anything other than face value and I don't think that would ever change.
Yeah it's definitely a rip off, but if someone can't get a ticket and is willing

Yeah it's definitely a rip off, but if someone can't get a ticket and is willing
I envy you actually. I'd have sold a kidney to get a ticket if it wasn't er indoors 50th birthday. So I will be paying for an expensive meal & hotel instead.
But I despise the whole notion of selling for gain. It's very unfair on a genuine fan who wants to say goodbye to the old WHL. However...there's no guarantee that your ticket (if offered at face value plus any admin) wouldn't have been lapped up by a tourist anyway. And that is why stubhub is a cunt. There should surely be a means of transferring tickets without involving those vultures?

AGREE... AGREE... A-100%-GREE!!

Back
Top Bottom