Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Bale fiasco? Levy quoted them a (world-record) price, they met it and paid for him over the agreed-upon period
Lets just say that Levy has not had a complementary word about Real Madrid and especially their President since then, remember the promise of a "Special Relationship"? which has never happened! Is that complete shit?

Barkley is a proven PL player and England International. In all of your posts kicking him in the nuts, your just writing names of players that have been and gone, likely to go or have struggled to make a breakthrough. Not once have i read an alternative post of yours of a player that you would prefer, would come to Spurs given the wage structure or would come willing to fit into a team squad rotation and is a proven his game at this level.

I don't think Walker was worth fifty million or Bakayoko forty million, but that's the going rate. Barkley will likely cost around thirty million and that would be about right.

But then again we can always go and find another French powder puff player, because even Levy can spin the roulette wheel and come up on red thirteen as a winner.
What? I suggested Radja Nainggolan when it was published few days ago Roma are willing to sell. Plus I don't do scouting, I don't have to bring up alternatives I can criticize choices (that's my right). I'm also not of the BUY BUY BUY brigade, I would rather we don't spend than spend unwisely (e.g. Sissoko)

"Proven PL player and England International"
doesn't mean that much nowadays, same could have been said of Wilshere 3-4 years ago and he's fucking dogshite.

What? I suggested Radja Nainggolan when it was published few days ago Roma are willing to sell. Plus I don't do scouting, I don't have to bring up alternatives I can criticize choices (that's my right). I'm also not of the BUY BUY BUY brigade, I would rather we don't spend than spend unwisely (e.g. Sissoko)

"Proven PL player and England International"
doesn't mean that much nowadays, same could have been said of Wilshere 3-4 years ago and he's fucking dogshite.
I'd buy Radja Nainggolan for his peerless moniker alone.

Lets just say that Levy has not had a complementary word about Real Madrid and especially their President since then, remember the promise of a "Special Relationship"? which has never happened! Is that complete shit?
The special relationship came about through the Modric deal and lasted less than two years.

From the Trust minutes of their meeting with Levy on 20 November 2014...

6. Real Madrid Partnership
  • THST asked THFC to clarify the details of the special relationship and how this benefitted Tottenham
  • THFC explained how the original partnership had revolved around access to younger players. This required buy in and co-operation between both sets of coaching staff, which hadn’t transpired
  • There had been an exchange of information on the marketing and commercial side previously
  • DL maintained a good relationship with President Perez and this conversation may be reopened in the future
  • THFC confirmed that in terms of tangible benefits, the partnership was not active

I think Barkley and Winks are different types of players. And I wouldn't want to see Barkley block Winks' development but we need options and more quality in depth.

Winks got injured last season and we were then relying on Dembele staying fit which is always on a tightrope.

Bottom line is Barkley is a lot better, I believe, than the perception of him. There is some serious raw talent there that Poch could work wonders with.

A lot of people bitched and moaned in a similar way about the Wanyama signing don't forget.
Some did.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on Barkley.

The cunt is a fucken balloon
Reminds me of my days following the Irish League, this linesman was getting god awful stick all day, getting called all sorts, he never cracked all day....until someone called him a balloon, at which he shouted at the top of his voice "I'm not a balloon"...the crowd was in shock for a second, then all burst out laughing...

The facts are for last PL season taken from SM6:

Eriksen:
36 games
8 goals
15 assists
80.2 pass rating
7.53 overall rating

Barkely:
32 games
5 goals
8 assists
82.5 pass rating
7.15 overall rating

Imaging what Barkley could achieve in this team under Poch?

A no brainer signing that Everton would see as worth as much a Sissoko. A nailed on Poch type player, young, aggressive and with a good engine, that would fit in a squad rotation system that would not be a big (if any) set back to our system, high press and break away play.
No idea what those ratings are. Don't care either.

I don't think he's good enough. He's not creative enough in the final third, he's not a great shooter, and he's not got experience pressing. If he joins he will have missed all the time Pochettino needed to train him, so he's not going to be having an instant impact. At that point, I'd rather give the minutes to our prospects who won't be making an instant impact either, but at least will get better and make that impact eventually.

Sorry, I just don't rate him as worth the fees touted. And I think he could block the players we already have.

If we're going to spend some money, I'd rather spend it on a player who can become something really special.

We missed our chance at Nouri for tragic reasons, so I think we should get Vaclav Cerny. He's not quite there yet, but given a couple years to develop and he'd be a perfect Son replacement.

The special relationship came about through the Modric deal and lasted less than two years.

From the Trust minutes of their meeting with Levy on 20 November 2014...

6. Real Madrid Partnership
  • THST asked THFC to clarify the details of the special relationship and how this benefitted Tottenham
  • THFC explained how the original partnership had revolved around access to younger players. This required buy in and co-operation between both sets of coaching staff, which hadn’t transpired
  • There had been an exchange of information on the marketing and commercial side previously
  • DL maintained a good relationship with President Perez and this conversation may be reopened in the future
  • THFC confirmed that in terms of tangible benefits, the partnership was not active
After the Bale sale DL has not had a good word to say about Perez and the special relationship, which was expected to produce increased and beneficial contact after the Modric sale but did not. Remember someone posting a gif where DL was being soaked by water and wishing that Perez was next or something like that. For obvious reasons such as the blatant tapping up of Bale by RM, which I remember people were going bananas in here about! Nothing has happened, no assistance was received from RL regarding Isco inquiries for example or any special access given to RM younger players. We got conned by RM even when we received the world record price, because it ultimately swept their actions in approaching our player illegally under the mat.(probably at their insistence) They are dodgy and quite frankly I hope we don't buy anybody from them except perhaps Bale>
Minutes from meetings are almost always sanitized and the above does answer some inquiries and attempts to clarify some matters albeit in a limited way. One things for sure bet we don't sell them anybody again in the future (hopefully)

Spurs are closing in on the £8M signing of Estudiantes centre-back Juan Foyth. [Sky Sources]

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom