Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
1,000 pages by the end of august
X1K9o_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

No signings

Personally think it's easy to make shit up like this. Lets highlight a couple of top senior players that are less reliant on us turning them in to top players:

Toby
CE
Lloris
Jan

Now lets make out most of the youngsters are grateful but these more senior players have less patience. What could they be losing patience with?

- Wanting more cash whilst they can earn it
- A chance to win something whilst they can

Now it stands to reason if we fail to perform, win something or offer more money they may decide they need to move on. This isn't ITK, it logical.

So players, agents, clubs have protracted contract discussions, what's new there? Everyone is pushing for the best deal they can get, have you ever bought a house? How long do those discussions go on for?

Now would a manager like players in as early as possible so they have time to condition and integrate them? For sure, does it mean our manager isn't ok to wait as he understand the situation (which is what he has said) for weeks?

It's just utter garbage.

I agree to an extent, but Walker ended up leaving and there were a lot of journalists with links to Spurs saying Dier was interested in Man United.

The Rose part looks to have come true and with still no new Toby contract, this would explain why?

I am not sure fans would do as you suggest but I agree entirely with your sentiment.

Human beings are by their very nature selfish and we all want the best so my view is that unless FIFA or the Premier League or maybe Governments impose monetary controls (wage caps, FFP, or whatever) football will kill itself.

It just cannot be right that a player can cost 200 million pounds, with the immoral wages to boot, or that players like Rose and others can bemoan poverty.

BUT, Rose, Neymar and all those other players and us posters are symptons and not causes of the megalomaniacs and the obscenely rich.

I just would welcome a return to a semblance of normality and a couple of signings at sensible and sustainable valuations.
Well I would have abandoned the club for moving to Stratford.....not so much abandon, but despair at my club no longer existing.

If we "do a City" I'm out.

I don't expect everyone to do the same, but don't talk about modern football and then turn up and cheer Qatar FC.

I'm not blaming posters for what happened but I am saying that this modern cumstained fan culture has played a massive part in the current situation.

PSG fans should have walked out on their club the moment it was bought by a country. Too many of them lapping up the "next level" though and lauding a 200M pound signing to their rivals online etc.....disgusting

The fans have accepted what the money men wanted them to become.

Customers
We have been customers, well I prefer consumers, for the entirety of the Premier League era...and yes, that includes Spurs fans as well to a degree.

Well I would have abandoned the club for moving to Stratford.....not so much abandon, but despair at my club no longer existing.

I don't expect everyone to do the same, but don't talk about modern football and then turn up and cheer Qatar FC.

Support for PSG in Manchester has just risen 7000%!!

We have been customers, well I prefer consumers, fro the entirety of the Premier League era...and yes, that includes Spurs fans as well to a degree.
Of course but everyone should have a limit.
FC Utd fans might be hated by lower league purists and called hypocrites but we all have a level which that line crossing becomes relative.

The good thing about Levy is that he will do it his way no matter what.

The club comes before any player and any manager and he will see his vision through to the bitter end.

I will be there all the way supporting it, and if at the end, we become a club operating at 800M debt, playing in a library I will watch a smaller team for kicks.

I'm not blaming posters for what happened but I am saying that this modern cumstained fan culture has played a massive part in the current situation.

PSG fans should have walked out on their club the moment it was bought by a country. Too many of them lapping up the "next level" though and lauding a 200M pound signing to their rivals online etc.....disgusting

The fans have accepted what the money men wanted them to become.

Customers

Agreed. I love Tottenham as much as anyone on here but i detest the business of football & what it has become. I really had to think long & hard about buying the Wembley ST & only did it on a last minute impulse.
I am beginning to regret it already.

Weirdly i am actually looking forward more to watching the U18s & ladies away games at Brighton next season than the first team. How can you feel part of something when you know 90% of the players want out or would leave given the opportunity?

All that shit that comes out on the O.S from the players is pure bullshit.

Of course but everyone should have a limit.
FC Utd fans might be hated by lower league purists and called hypocrites but we all have a level which that line crossing becomes relative.

The good thing about Levy is that he will do it his way no matter what.

The club comes before any player and any manager and he will see his vision through to the bitter end.

I will be there all the way supporting it, and if at the end, we become a club operating at 800M debt, playing in a library I will watch a smaller team for kicks.
Woolwich? :pochsmirk:

You so hope there is a family vibe and we are different but Walker and Rose have shattered that.

Really sad stuff......still a large part of me still believe the rest are on board but we'll see.

Can't wait for the academy to start churning them out as standard issue.

Fuck the transfer window, its become an evil tool for the agents

How can you feel part of something when you know 90% of the players want out or would leave given the opportunity?
To be honest, that's the way it's been for most of your life as a fan. Certainly for the past thirty odd years. In the past few decades your Ledley Kings and Steven Gerrards have been a rarity so I don't see it as anything new. It's why I never support or idolise players these days. I support the badge and it's historical value for me.

No shit....:levylol:

To be honest, that's the way it's been for most of your life as a fan. Certainly for the past thirty odd years. In the past few decades your Ledley Kings and Steven Gerrards have been a rarity so I don't see it as anything new. It's why I never support or idolise players these days. I support the badge and it's historical value for me.

No shit....:levylol:

Agree. Would NEVER get a players name on a shirt (even if i was young enough to carry it off!).

We are the Tottenham so fuck all the rest.

Bring it on all you muggy little cunts of other teams that think they have a 'project' because they spend £250mn every window. Traditionally small clubs like City & Chelsea who think spending more money than everyone else somehow makes them 'big'.

Exactly this! We are the ones doing it the right way. Let's not get sucked into a 'who's cock is bigger?' competition with clubs who are FULL of mercenaries and who will struggle when the bubble finally bursts.

We all want signings - the squad needs additions - but numerous people have said we are working on it. Poch has said to expect signings. It's not as easy as just going out and buying someone. It's not ideal to have to wait but it'll happen!

All this crap just makes more excited for Sunday so we can show everyone that, as much as they try, they won't stop us :)

I broadly agree - would much rather have our model and compete than buying the league a la Chelsea / Man City.

Think I would drop down to league 2 or something if we were an oil rich club - not ideal.

If the sun is to be believed we will not be turning up to st James park on Sunday, all the players are so underpaid that they're going on strike until Levy agrees to pay them £200 fucking grand a week because we all know you can't live on less than that these days....

Heroes welcome my dogs arse!!

Just fuck off with your bullshit 'we've got nothing else to report on' tabloid trash

Danny should have known the media would twist this stuff. He opened up the door for them to make Spurs their punchbag in what is one of the most crucial times in our history. We move forward we become the big team we should always have been, we let the wolves in, strip our assets and go back to mid table mediocrity.

Danny has made the name on the back of the shirt more important than the badge on the front. He doesn't deserve to play for my team anymore and keeping him will only act as poison. Sell him to Man U, let him finish 5th or 6th again and win a token Leauge Cup. We need heart Danny and sadly you've done a treacherous thing not only to the club whose shirt you wear weekly but the man that made you.

Fuck off back you your mothers teat

Last edited:
Jesus!
What a massive overreaction.
It's business. His business is football. If we win the league or a decent bit of silver wear And hell sign on again and everyone will forget the day he went fishing for a bigger pay packet.

I fucking won't

Treacherous little cunt airing our dirty washing in that fucking apology of a so called newspaper

I hope Poch has removed his bollocks
:pochunimpressed:

What could make this summer even worse?

I know. Barcelona giving up with Coutinho and signing Eriksen instead.

Correct but honestly Countinho is good but I just don't get the creaming over his services.

I have never seen him as a matchwinner in big games or a game changer. If honest he and Eriksen are also slightly differing types but this is just another example of how the currency of quality has altered so much in the last 2 or 3 years.

The idea of rejecting a 75 million plus bid for anyone seems impossible but such are times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom