Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was always injured, so basically you're saying he was never allowed to go to a nightclub. The guy deserved a night off more than anyone.

Read what I said

No problem with him going to a nightclub

I had a major problem at the time with him getting so absolutely pissed that he couldn't walk without assistance and was photographed several times literally falling out of one!!

He was supposed to be an athlete looking after his fitness, our captain setting an example FFS

Loved him as a player and sober a genuinely nice guy but his team who pay his salary should come first

Correct but honestly Countinho is good but I just don't get the creaming over his services.

I have never seen him as a matchwinner in big games or a game changer. If honest he and Eriksen are also slightly differing types but this is just another example of how the currency of quality has altered so much in the last 2 or 3 years.

The idea of rejecting a 75 million plus bid for anyone seems impossible but such are times.

Listening to Adrian Durham last night it was suggested that the Dippers will demand £100 mill so they can buy Dele

Didn't they balk at paying £5 million allowing us to buy him?

From the most exciting team with the most potential to this, days before the season.

This is really really saddening....that before we could even get to see how our policy would pan out, it's having petrol poured over it and lit.

But no worries because Bill Madrid, John Thomas and Don Corleone were right. Finally got the atmosphere at the club they wanted.....enjoy your victory lads, you must be so proud of what football has become.

Utter cunts all over the country laughing at us while hashtaging "against modern football" when it suits them.

I hope we sack Rose, and anyone else who wants to join him can go too. Sick of this.
Yeah, cause that's what they wanted. Fuck off, you dumb arrogant cunt

Read what I said

No problem with him going to a nightclub

I had a major problem at the time with him getting so absolutely pissed that he couldn't walk without assistance and was photographed several times literally falling out of one!!

He was supposed to be an athlete looking after his fitness, our captain setting an example FFS

Loved him as a player and sober a genuinely nice guy but his team who pay his salary should come first
Forced to agree, but at the same time worth remembering that not only is he quite a shy guy, which suggests lack of confidence, but he also had a very frustrating time as a player, not being able to reach his true potential.

It says that when he came in to training yesterday some of the other players asked him to go through the Sun article and explain what he was trying to say. Makes sense, I guess none of them trust the Sun to tell it straight. When he was done explaining, they said they understood where he was coming from.
The article says he told the other players he is not looking for a move, but it also says he has been tapped up by Chelsea basically, who are expected to bid before the window closes.

Can't see Levy allowing to move to the Chavs

:levylol:

You so hope there is a family vibe and we are different but Walker and Rose have shattered that.

Really sad stuff......still a large part of me still believe the rest are on board but we'll see.

Can't wait for the academy to start churning them out as standard issue.

Fuck the transfer window, its become an evil tool for the agents
You're so deluded, you live in a fantasy world

Forced to agree, but at the same time worth remembering that not only is he quite a shy guy, which suggests lack of confidence, but he also had a very frustrating time as a player, not being able to reach his true potential.

I get all that and I wouldn't begrudge anyone a night out providing they're sensible about it

All too often Ledley wasn't but probably not the right thread for this

Anyway still fuming about Rose and again probably not right thread

Danny should have known the media would twist this stuff. He opened up the door for them to make Spurs their punchbag in what is one of the most crucial times in our history. We move forward we become the big team we should always have been, we let the wolves in, strip our assets and go back to mid table mediocrity.

Danny has made the name on the back of the shirt more important than the badge on the front. He doesn't deserve to play for my team anymore and keeping him will only act as poison. Sell him to Man U, let him finish 5th or 6th again and win a token Leauge Cup. We need heart Danny and sadly you've done a treacherous thing not only to the club whose shirt you wear weekly but the man that made you.

Fuck off back you your mothers teat

Bravo

Spot on sir

And that somehow makes me arrogant? At least I give your argument the time of the day and admit when I'm wrong. Unlike you and the rest of your crew who are trying to convince the rest of the forum that I'm racist, misogynist etc etc
Well, that's a flat out lie. I have engaged you repeatedly and it's you that has bottled it numerous times when it has come to the orange chimp.

As for arrogant, I wasn't really focused on that. I was focused on "dumb".

And please, who are "my crew"? I could use a good laugh. :pochlol:

You genuinely believe we'll "churn out" class player on a regular basis? No club ever in the history of football have been able to do so. We can't even attract the top talents in and around London, wake up

Yes I do believe that.

We dont need to attract the top talents in and around London (whatever thats meant to mean), if we produce them ourselves.

Funny how you were a Klopp and Dortmund lauder if thats your take

I fucking won't

Treacherous little cunt airing our dirty washing in that fucking apology of a so called newspaper

I hope Poch has removed his bollocks
:pochunimpressed:
I really thought you were more grown up than that.

You surely don't actually believe that all of our players are supporters of the club as well, with unswerving loyalty?

They are professional athletes who will work for whoever pays them well, and offers them the chance of success.

Taking some daft attitude because he isn't Steve Perryman reborn, is a waste of your anger and energies.

Yes I do believe that.

We dont need to attract the top talents in and around London (whatever thats meant to mean), if we produce them ourselves.

Funny how you were a Klopp and Dortmund lauder if thats your take
Who have we produced as a top class player other than Kane in the last 10 years?

I think the Academy is there first and foremost as a profit-mkaing tool - Carrol,

Or are you referring to Poch coaching 18-20 year old signings to fandom? In which case - we need to sign those carefully - the French ones have been utter cack so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom