The Newcastle Yo-Yos vs. Wembley Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was a fucking tackle and a good one.
Their player actually tried to lunge into Kane instead of playing the ball.
There was no intent, and he played the ball.
It wasn't from behind either.

If that was a red the Matt Riitchie should have gone too. That was a tackle form behind, no intent to take the ball but intended to stop the man. He tried to hack him down and caught his feet.
Much worse, and if executed like he intended, could have cause more damage.

Shelvey is a cunt and always does shit like that.
I saw him get sent off and cost them a game last season.
For nothing.
He's got no discipline.
The tackle on Dele before Shelvey stepped on him was worse than Kane's. But the ref blew for handball on Dele.
He suffered many of those, and lots of pulling all game.

I thought they agreed that all away fans must have a pitch side area this season in the PL,
Why are Newcastle not conforming?

The away section is different from where it was last year as well. It took me a while to work out where you were. I had a student ticket but bizarrely I was surrounded by Newcastle season ticket holders. There were no other students anywhere near me. I was sat next to an old man on one side and a mum with her daughter on the other. They must have just given the university any extra odd seats. Last season it was a solid block of obvious students so clearly not supporting Newcastle was less of an issue. I am aware being a football tourist makes me a cunt in the eyes of some, but they shouldn't have such a massive stadium if they can't fill it.

Anyway, thinking more on the game there were moments - especially in the first 25 or so minutes - where a competent striker would have beaten Hugo. Our midfield was getting passed again and again and again. If they had someone, anyone, who could score they would have done.

The away section is different from where it was last year as well. It took me a while to work out where you were.

Anyway, thinking more on the game there were moments - especially in the first 25 or so minutes - where a competent striker would have beaten Hugo. Our midfield was getting passed again and again and again. If they had someone, anyone, who could score they would have done.
Dier has not been too good pre season and he needs to sharpen up.

Apparenttly on his debut KWP covered more ground, made more sprints, more tackles and had a better pass completion rate than Walker did v Brighton.

He also completed more take ons in the opening 15 minutes then Trippier did the whole of last season..

It's funny how not many are talking about Chelsea weakening their side/squad
Terry don't think they have any CBS available do they
Costa
Matic

Replaced with
Rudiger
Bakayoko
Morata

So is that strengthening or swapping?

It's funny how not many are talking about Chelsea weakening their side/squad
Terry don't think they have any CBS available do they
Costa
Matic

Replaced with
Rudiger
Bakayoko
Morata

So is that strengthening or swapping?

No one is talking about it because the press, some players, and a large number of fans have simply glossed over every other factor, and decided that buying a player means you have improved.

Apparently Liverpool had improved with Salah.....not in my eyes, still garbage at the back, and Llalana is better than Salah, while Coutinho wants out.

As you say, Chelsea have dropped Costa, and sold Matic. Morata has a long way to go to say they have improved on Costa and losing Mata has weakened them. 140M and the press are talking about their "lack of signings" now.

Although the two Manchester clubs are being talked up, from the weekend it looks like another year where no one is actually that much better than anyone else and over the course of an entire season at least 25% of the league could end up being champions.

And 75% of the league is utter dogshit.

Shelvey is a cunt and always does shit like that.
I saw him get sent off and cost them a game last season.
For nothing.
He's got no discipline.
The tackle on Dele before Shelvey stepped on him was worse than Kane's. But the ref blew for handball on Dele.
He suffered many of those, and lots of pulling all game.
He looks like an angry Chemo patient.

...and before you judge, it's OK... my late Mum was a VERY angry Chemo patient... and she looked JUST like Shelvey did today!

Get fucked, you gooner rag.

CpAlWSc

No one is talking about it because the press, some players, and a large number of fans have simply glossed over every other factor, and decided that buying a player means you have improved.

Apparently Liverpool had improved with Salah.....not in my eyes, still garbage at the back, and Llalana is better than Salah, while Coutinho wants out.

As you say, Chelsea have dropped Costa, and sold Matic. Morata has a long way to go to say they have improved on Costa and losing Mata has weakened them. 140M and the press are talking about their "lack of signings" now.
Mata didnt he leave years ago?

I know it's very early but I'd say that was an extremely important win given the slight negativity recently. Remember we only started last season with a point at Everton, and this was another one we could easily have slipped up in, so all in all a good professional performance.

Overcoming the Chelsea and Wembley hoodoo now would be massive, and with the players they have out we simply have to go and attack them from the off.

Back
Top Bottom