Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think what Rose did is worse than Modric, I can't remember Modric going to the media or the paper talking about wages or slagging of signings who are team mates. As a player Modric is much better.

The club are really between a rock and a hard place with this one. Not fair on the manager so soon into the season I feel for him. If we end up taking a step back this year I really don't think anyone can blame the management. The manager gets my full support, I just hope Danny gives him what he deserves this season as well should the club opt to keep him on as it's the least he deserves
I think it's a Mexican stand off. We also have him in a very difficult place. He is on a VERY long contract, we don't have to sell him, we don't have to play him. If we take this approach he will not play in the World Cup, possibly his only chance to play in one (especially in his position). I think our gun is bigger than his.

I think it's a Mexican stand off. We also have him in a very difficult place. He is on a VERY long contract, we don't have to sell him, we don't have to play him. If we take this approach he will not play in the World Cup, possibly his only chance to play in one (especially in his position). I think our gun is bigger than his.

The line regarding Googling players seriously undermines Pochs transfer policy and would have hurt him. Poor Poch, I see what you're trying to build even if others don't and would never want him to alter that. Keep getting hungry passionate youngsters so you can do what you do best Mauricio mate. We all believe

Good point also means United would have to table a huge bid to make it worth our while say £70 mil or Martial and Shaw.

The line regarding Googling players seriously undermines Pochs transfer policy and would have hurt him. Poor Poch, I see what you're trying to build even if others don't and would never want him to alter that. Keep getting hungry passionate youngsters so you can do what you do best Mauricio mate. We all believe
It's not just the google thing though (despite that being hugely disrespectful), the interview was planed, rehearsed, thought through and orchestrated and timed deliberately to cause as much pressure on Tottenham. He fucked us, he fucked his team mates and fucked the club.

It's not just the google thing though (despite that being hugely disrespectful), the interview was planed, rehearsed, thought through and orchestrated and timed deliberately to cause as much pressure on Tottenham. He fucked us, he fucked his team mates and fucked the club.

I reckon it was his agent that shafted us more, maybe it's the innocence in me but I really hope Danny didn't realise the severity of what he was doing (the agent definitely did though regardless).

I trust Poch to make the right call as always

And if he gets rewarded for it with a 150k per week contract at another English club?....How exactly does that deter the next player who thinks he's undervalued from engineering a move in whatever way he's sees fit.

And if he gets rewarded for it with a 150k per week contract at another English club?....How exactly does that deter the next player who thinks he's undervalued from engineering a move in whatever way he's sees fit.
You want to forgive him and have him in a Spurs shirt? This was a question I asked earlier but you haven't answered yet.

We will never pay him what he wants.....he's not worth more than Kane, Toby, Jan, Eriksen, Dele, Dembele or Wanyama so may as well cut him loose.

He wants top money. He won't get it here.

I'm not sure what message it sends out by keeping him but I think teams just start to look stupid in the end by forcing players to stay.

WBA and Berahino, Barca with Neymar, and Liverpool and Coutinho......

It's not commendable, you just look silly when the inevitable happens.

Look at Southampton for all their talk. They will sell Van dijk. They will have to so what's the point in saying otherwise.

Walker left to win money trophies. Rose says he wants more money trophies. This tells me two things.
1. His team mates aren't good enough to win trophies.
2. He was part of a team that weren't good enough to win trophies.

Perhaps if they had won something, they would get more money.

I'd tell him that he can't go to another club because he hasn't won any trophies, and no club would sign a bloke who goes to the fucking Sun, to bad mouth his club and their fans.

That view might be over simplified, but then again, so am I.

You want to forgive him and have him in a Spurs shirt? This was a question I asked earlier but you haven't answered yet.
Yes I do. He's a great player. I like watching great players at Spurs.
I hate seeing them sold to rival clubs. So yes. I forgive him and I want to see him back in the team as soon as possible.
Can't be any clearer.
Now you can answer my question if you like

How can he help us when he's just fucked us?
Well hes the best left back in the league and one of the best in the world, thats how he helps us. Not condoning what he done he was an idiot but hes apologised for it and Im yet to see how it has affected the club in any negative way. Poch done brilliantly to sweep it under the rug and get everyone focused back on the football and I think as fans we should do the same.

I see what you're saying but my main focus is on what's best for Tottenham Hotspur FC. If Pochettino thinks moving him on is best for everyone involved with the club and he is able to bring in top dollar to invest further as well as bring someone he rates highly like Sessegnon I say let the boss do what the boss feels is right. He's boss for a reason and he's desperately trying to give us all the team we want and should be by doing it the Tottenham way and I love that about him. Spurs were around a long time before this crop of players and we'll be around a long time after as well should any choose to show any petulance living forward. Graham Roberts got it bang on when he said the crest on the front of the shirt will always be more important than the name on the back. If I have to wait a lifetime to see us do it properly I'm happy to bide my time and wait for it to happen (I'm an old romantic when it comes to my Spurs I'm sorry to say)

The decision Pochettino needs to make on Rose is the kind of decision that turns good managers into truly great ones. Whatever he chooses I back Mauricio, he's one of us

this forum is so off. Amount of "include martial" in deal is so deldued. He's not leaving and Mourinho has dismissed the idea as has he. If we get Rose you'll get Shaw + some money lmao martial.

DHmbfdWXUAAVoZz.jpg

Yes I do. He's a great player. I like watching great players at Spurs.
I hate seeing them sold to rival clubs. So yes. I forgive him and I want to see him back in the team as soon as possible.
Can't be any clearer.
Now you can answer my question if you like
It doesn't deter anyone, we can't pay our players £150k pw yet. If that's want he wants why the fuck is he at Spurs? Why the fuck did he sign a 5yr contract 5 months ago? No one forced him, no one put a gun to his head.

I wonder what is keeping Kane & Loris at the club?

Back
Top Bottom