Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its fated that Kane will score a hatrick in our first proper home game in the new WHL, in August.
I have had visions, and not the sort that appear in flames. That would be silly.

:kanegoal:

Bit of an overreaction from the media and fans ino. Has been brilliant throughout August and only sheer bad luck is the reason he hasn't bagged a few goals yet
Agree. August seems to be his month for hitting the woodwork. It's forgivable given that in the rest of the season (allowing for a month or 2 out with injuries) he still scores more than everyone else

Anyone who doubts him know is just a fool. He's just got that God given ability to be in the right place.

Having a foil like Dele though, that could be a once in a lifetime tandem right there.

The assist for Harry last night looked so easy for Dele, but IMO was proper world class how he assessed all his options, sold about 3 defenders and set up the goal. Messi-esque.

Anyone who doubts him know is just a fool. He's just got that God given ability to be in the right place.

Having a foil like Dele though, that could be a once in a lifetime tandem right there.

The assist for Harry last night looked so easy for Dele, but IMO was proper world class how he assessed all his options, sold about 3 defenders and set up the goal. Messi-esque.
Dele is a great player, of course, but I wouldn't get overly excited about a performance against Malta ffs.

Bit of an overreaction from the media and fans ino. Has been brilliant throughout August and only sheer bad luck is the reason he hasn't bagged a few goals yet

Yeah. I've been quick to criticise him in the past when he's been bad, like at the start of last season. This year he's actually played well, really well, and could/should/would normally have scored at least three goals from those performances. Just bad luck so far.

He's starting to look very selfish you know. I love Harry but his sole focus on getting goals and not holding the ball up and bringing others into play for the greater good of the team is starting to bother me. I was a little concerned about what Southgate said about him using Ronaldo and Messi as a benchmark. I just want Harry to be Harry. If he focuses purely on scoring he'll just end up like another Defoe and he's so much more than that. Stop being so desperate for goals Harry, you need to be a bit more than just being goal hungry slow it down a little mate

Last edited:
He's starting to look very selfish you know. I love Harry but his sole focus on getting goals and not holding the ball up and bringing others into play for the greater good of the team is starting to bother me. I was a little concerned about what Southgate said about him using Ronaldo and Messi as a benchmark. I just want Harry to be Harry. If he focuses purely on scoring he'll just end up like another Defoe and he's so much more than that. Stop being so desperate for goals Harry, you need to be a bit more than just being goal hungry slow it down a little mate
A player who is aiming to score a large amount of goals needs to shoot lots. I remember United fans saying the same things about Ronaldo shooting too much during the transition from very good to elite.

At a certain point in the final third of the pitch attackers are taught to look first to see if they can shoot and then to see if a pass is on. With time and space limited this is a must. It flat out makes sense too, if good shooters have enough shots close enough to goal, goals will come.

Whatever Kane is doing is working. I'm sure him and the coaches know how best to kick on even further.

From Football365's WC squad ladder...

HARRY KANE
He’s really bloody good, y’know. Kane doesn’t see as much of the ball as we would like on England duty, but he makes something of nothing at least five times a game, and takes his chances when they come along. Quite simply, there is not a player in the same postcode as Kane in the England striker queue. Now wrap him in cotton wool from now until Russia.

Back
Top Bottom