Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This!

All you fair weather fans turning on Alli are disgraceful sacks of shit. And that’s a fact, not opinion. He’s young - form dips. He’s not hit the heights of last season yet but he’s not been awful either.

Get off his case or find another club you bunch of fucks. And yes, I will fight you.

Haha....so you just admitted his form has dipped.
You "sack of shit" get off his case

Hahahaha. Just like Salmon....."don't you dare say Dele is off form!!! He's off form because he's still young!!!"

:pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm:

I don’t currently disagree with the sentiment, but when Southgate is calling Dele out like that, it must be gutting coming from such a shite coach. No wonder Southgate is so shite if he can only watch one player at a time during scouting runs.

The quote was unfair but yea, I'm not sure a coach actually needs to comment on those matters publicly. Would Poch ever say something like that? Hell no. England should seriously consider starting Winks alongside Dier in central midfield if they want creative improvements.

Yes, it's an unfair quote.

The Telegraph line:
Gareth Southgate: Dele Alli is not the creative spark England need - that's Adam Lallana | @Matt_Law_DT

Southgate's words:
“In my year in charge, Adam Lallana has been our best player and we've not had him for the last three matches,” said England manager Southgate. “There are some players who can unlock defences and score goals.

“Dele is an interesting player. If you analyse his game closely he's a scorer of goals and he's not necessarily the link player Adam is.

“So, perceptions of players and their actual particular skill sets and areas where they are effective is not what's commonly perceived.

Definitely amateur hour as far as man-management skills are concerned though.

Hahahaha. Just like Salmon....."don't you dare say Dele is off form!!! He's off form because he's still young!!!"

He is not in the best of form for sure.

In saying that he is still a very important player for us.

He just seems to have been distracted for too long.

If Son were able to provide the assists that Alli produces then I think Pochettino wouls have a harder choice to make between the two.

If Son were able to provide the assists that Alli produces then I think Pochettino wouls have a harder choice to make between the two.

Both Alli and Son contributed double figures for goals last season, sure if it’s one or the other now then one of those goal threats is lost? Apart for Eriksen which other AMF has those goal returns?

Maybe but Alli is not the creative talent needed at international or even European level.

So.. you saying England have better options than to start Alli behind Kane?
Why not just play Rashford and Lallana out wide of Alli in an attacking trio?
Not sure I can see a 'best' England starting XI without Alli in it somewhere...

I don’t currently disagree with the sentiment, but when Southgate is calling Dele out like that, it must be gutting coming from such a shite coach. No wonder Southgate is so shite if he can only watch one player at a time during scouting runs.

Is this a genuine quote or just this twats opinion?
Southgate is unable to coach senior players constructively-we see this in every game England play. Has Allis form dipped-NO. Opposition are more aware of him so stifle his game. Because he's young and still a novice, he needs to find more form his game and develop new ways of playing. Its all about potential, which Alli has loads. Some players you just know will never improve on what they do. Alli is a thinker, good attitude and at a great club wth coach to develop. England will not bring him on and never will. Southgate is not the coach to bring the best out of him, Poch is. Alli will shine and be the player we all expect form him.

Last edited:
So.. you saying England have better options than to start Alli behind Kane?
Why not just play Rashford and Lallana out wide of Alli in an attacking trio?
Not sure I can see a 'best' England starting XI without Alli in it somewhere...

I am saying Alli is not the midfield creator to win England or us cup tournaments internationally or in Europe.

He is primarily a goal scorer.

I just find it funny people slagging off posters who say Dele is out of form and within the same post they give reasons for why THEY THEMSELVES think Dele is out of form.

Absolute scenes

What if he needs to play whilst in average/bad form to build up the sharpness/confidence to reach the dazzling heights he is capable of?
What if he works harder in training than those you suggest should step in for the meantime?
What if he follows instructions extremely well yet lacks the execution at the the moment?

Plenty of reasons/possible reasons to keep playing him tbh.

As far as Spurs are concerned with his CL ban he is being rotated and should play all other matches. Many players were off form this time last year and played their way through it. He is only considered off form by his high standards and is playing OK by other players standards.
As to England, I am happy for him to get dropped as it will reduce the likelyhood of other bigger clubs coming after him.

As far as Spurs are concerned with his CL ban he is being rotated and should play all other matches. Many players were off form this time last year and played their way through it. He is only considered off form by his high standards and is playing OK by other players standards.
As to England, I am happy for him to get dropped as it will reduce the likelyhood of other bigger clubs coming after him.
Being English, I couldn’t give a fuck how they do. Just wish our boys return from International duty, fit and ready to perform for us.

What if he needs to play whilst in average/bad form to build up the sharpness/confidence to reach the dazzling heights he is capable of?
What if he works harder in training than those you suggest should step in for the meantime?
What if he follows instructions extremely well yet lacks the execution at the the moment?

Plenty of reasons/possible reasons to keep playing him tbh.
I have nothing against him playing.

As I've said for the last two weeks I think he has improved.
I have nothing against starting him on the bench either as I believe in rotation for players out of form and think it will keep him from taking his place for granted. I do however trust his quality and the managers decisions.

What I do have a problem with is being slated for saying he's out of form by people who agree he is out of form. But somehow them saying it is different and supportive, where as I hate Dele.

It's like secondary school

“Dele is out of form”
“Yeah Sammy, we know”
“He’s not played well for a few games now”
“Yeah Sammy, we know”
“We should maybe drop him for a few games”
“Yeah Sammy, we know”
“Because he’s out of form”
“Yeah Sammy, we know”
“Here’s a piece of shit journalist saying the same as me”
“Yeah Sammy, we know”
“He’s saying that Dele is out of form”
“Yeah Sammy, we know”
“And that’s what I’m saying too. Dele is out of form”
“Yeah Sammy, we know”
“And even though everyone knows I think Dele is out of form, I’m going to bang on and on and on about it”
“Yeah Sammy, we know”
“Dele is out of form”
“Yeah Sammy, we know”

Everyone questioning Allis form is wrong, he is no different than last season. Its the players he comes up against that have changed. At this professional level, your not given an inch Last season he was doing things that were unexpected. Players get to play against him possibly only twice maybe three times in the a season. Thats enough to work him out and with some study find his weaknesses, for this season. The opposition will stifle his game, look to put him off guard. Positive of this, it creates space for others, its all good stuff . Alli needs to develop other aspects of his game. I feel he is playing very well within the team and his development. He will not shine as last season because he is changing as a player but still play his part and get better changing the way he plays.

Form has dipped doesn’t mean I think he’s playing badly, or deserves to be dropped, you fucking clown.

Wind it in, you’ve been told by enough people now.

Back
Top Bottom