Yanited vs Tottenham, Oct 28 2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

More dejected if anything.
They can throw millions at their teams to make a problem go away we can't.
The media will constently market them but not us.
There are only 3 teams that matter in this league and we are not one of them.

Games like this just highlight everything that really stinks about todays football from the referring that seems to always support the "big teams" to the tourist like atmosphere. It just stinks.

It is not just millions but mentality. Mourinho instills it. Simple.

#CharityHotspur

You've been doing this trolling thing for a few years now I'd imagine it can be a laugh to start with winding people up but you must have gone at it from every single angle one hundred times by now , you won't get any prizes for it , it won't enrich your life doing it and it's so old hat now that everybody knows what you're going to say without you even saying it , it's got so predictable it's impossible for you to really ruffle anyone's feathers , why not allow others to enjoy their hobby and find a more productive use for your time or failing that find a fresh audience.

Old Trafford silent until they scored. What shit supporters they are - epitome of "you only sing when you're winning."

Look, it's always crap to lose but let's not forget this is our second most important game this week. Most worrying aspect for me was that we were looking a bit leggy in the second half.

And the jury's still out on Aurier for me; I think Trippier would have made a difference today.
I think Aurier has been mostly very good all players have there games where they can be a little off and if anything that spot goes to Eriksen.
Man U's "fans" where fucking shit though your right

We could have conceded from three big chances before that pace-merchant goal.

But then again, so could Alli with that chance.

I don't know. Fine margins, blah blah blah. I'm struggling to be too suicidal over this one.

If they were without lukaku they would not have had those chances. Not having kane as huge for us. We played the game as perfectly we could. Was always going to be a mistake from one team to give the other a lucky goal. What disappointed me more is we don't use llorente's strengths in the air. Especially a goal down we should have been trying to get balls in for him to attack.

It is not just millions but mentality. Mourinho instills it. Simple.

He buys it then instilles it , if that fails he sells it or drops it and buys another to in still it upon , I'm not saying he doesn't have talent but he's a bit like a world class poker player that always has an ace up his sleeve playing against those that haven't.

As I said Wednesday, always gutted when we lose. However today we played ok abeit only 1 clear chance. 4 th year running played well in this fixture but lost by 1 goal. However it is always easier to accept defeat both away from home and against top teams. We do need to win against a top 5 club sometimes hopefully it will be th Woolwich match.
I am not one to blame the ref but he gave us nothing and them everything. At least we did not lose players through sendings off or injury.
Now must not lose a 3rd match in a row which will be a very hard game.

He won the champions league with porto.
Porto aren’t enough exactly a small Portuguese side.
They have finished outside the top 2 about 3 times and won the title more than 15times since 1990 and are regulars in CL.
Just employ the same tactics to a top domestic side that’s always in the competition and you have. A chance.
Could he do it with Everton, could he get them in the competition?

What are they ?

Genuine question, never heard of him until we signed him.

I'm an armchair now, watching him on tv he looks like a hold up player?
Well it certainly not threw balls and expect him to Chase after them , your right he does well holding ball up bring players in to the game which I thought he done ok , he's a plan B option get down the wing and cross the ball let him attack it , we've never done that once since we've had him

We did alright, difficult creating much and didn't quite have our attacking mojo today but against mourinho bus its tough.
Llorente was quite poor, nothing stuck, bad touches but why no crosses for him?
If Stoke or WBA had him there would be trillions of crosses getting pumped in the box. Difficult game really but no disgrace just shit happens like that sometimes.
Not gonna lose too much sleep over this, the midweek game was way more hurtful.
I just hope we can pick ourselves up now and get back to what we were before this week. I also look forward to Lamela's return, he can offer something different to what we currently have.

Back
Top Bottom