Yanited vs Tottenham, Oct 28 2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be fair. They also forced Lloris into a save or two and hit the post. I don't remember de Gea touching the ball.

It was just a bad day at the office. Looked scared at times but Pochettino will have been as annoyed as anyone at it all.

I remember De Gea dropping the ball when that cart horse Jones ran into him

Sadly Sissoko blazed it over the bar but it was a great chance nonetheless

To be fair. They also forced Lloris into a save or two and hit the post. I don't remember de Gea touching the ball.

It was just a bad day at the office. Looked scared at times but Pochettino will have been as annoyed as anyone at it all.
I don't really remember which extraordinary save Lloris made apart from that 2nd half shot from Lukaku and replay shows it was going out, I'm sure you know that hitting the post is off target and even though the header was on target Lloris was there to save it.

It was little bit hard to trouble de Gea considering they had Valencia, Bailly, Smalling, Jones, Young, Matic, Herrera and Mkhitaryan around their box but we had 4 shots on target to their 3.

Lol! Mate I don't get why you underrate our own player who fights hard for our shirt and bigging up player from another team.
Llorente is better finisher, better in air and much experienced than Lukaku. Please educate me how Lukaku is better than Llorente.
Lukaku has scored more goals this season.

Lukaku scored more goals last season.

Lukaku has scored more international goals over the past few years.

Lukaku is better than Llorente. Simple. To suggest anything else is mad.

As you have been able to find out that Lukaku has scored more goals than Llorente, I believe you can also find out how many minutes each played this season and the last one and who are the teammates each has been played with past 2 seasons.
Don't get me wrong it's much easier to score goals when your teammates are de Bruyne, Hazard, Carrasco, Mertens, Mirallas, Barkley and co. than Ki Sung-Yeung, Fer, Dyer, Britton et al.

I have told you Llorente is much better finisher, better in air and much experienced than Lukaku, now tell me in which aspects of their game Lukaku is better than Llorente??

As you have been able to find out that Lukaku has scored more goals than Llorente, I believe you can also find out how many minutes each played this season and the last one and who are the teammates each has been played with past 2 seasons.
Don't get me wrong it's much easier to score goals when your teammates are de Bruyne, Hazard, Carrasco, Mertens, Mirallas, Barkley and co. than Ki Sung-Yeung, Fer, Dyer, Britton et al.

I have told you Llorente is much better finisher, better in air and much experienced than Lukaku, now tell me in which aspects of their game Lukaku is better than Llorente??

Almost every aspect. Llorente may be slightly better in the air. Lukaku is a better finisher. He’s stronger. He’s faster. He’s younger. He’s fitter.

I’m all for bigging up our players over ManUtd ones, but this comparison can’t be serious?

Almost every aspect. Llorente may be slightly better in the air. Lukaku is a better finisher. He’s stronger. He’s faster. He’s younger. He’s fitter.

I’m all for bigging up our players over ManUtd ones, but this comparison can’t be serious?

Maybe not but I would add that Llorente has more heart and is less of a prima donna

Fair enough mate

Congratulations John Thomas John Thomas , your United cheerleading has reached the pages of Red Cafe. Your ‘support’ is actually damaging us in the eyes of other fans. Shame end.

“A very pertinent point from a Spurs fan about why they have a long way to go.”

“QUESTION: Guido: Can you please explain what the role of a fan with a winning mentality has against say a fan that doesn't have a winning mentality. It would also be very interesting to know how this winning mentality in any way is relevant to winning or losing a game of football.”

“ANSWER: John Thomas: In the context of the discussion being had, some of us were debating whether it's fair to label one who melts after a defeat less fan-worthy than one who just takes a loss on the chin and moves on. Man Utd fans were then brought in to the discussion. Probably among the biggest melts, most would probably agree.

Now, although their league position since Sir Alex's departure has been below their expected standard, the fans, on the whole, fail to accept defeat with any grace. It's because they have built up a winning mentality that they refuse to accept anything less than victory. This whole ethos runs through the club, and will no doubt ultimately lead them back to more success in the future.

If on the other hand, as a fan base you accept defeat or below par performance without any anger or frustration it will only lead to an acceptance of being second best by the club itself. Apathy breeds apathy. Demand 100% and you may get 95. Demand 80% and you probably only get 60.

We haven't won much in recent decades despite being one of the biggest clubs in the country. And I don't think it helps when we're just happy to shrug off defeats like yesterday in this carefree manner. Or the 3-2 capitulation against West ham as anything less than the disgrace that it was.”

Congratulations John Thomas John Thomas , your United cheerleading has reached the pages of Red Cafe. Your ‘support’ is actually damaging us in the eyes of other fans. Shame end.

“QUESTION: Guido: Can you please explain what the role of a fan with a winning mentality has against say a fan that doesn't have a winning mentality. It would also be very interesting to know how this winning mentality in any way is relevant to winning or losing a game of football.”

“ANSWER: John Thomas: In the context of the discussion being had, some of us were debating whether it's fair to label one who melts after a defeat less fan-worthy than one who just takes a loss on the chin and moves on. Man Utd fans were then brought in to the discussion. Probably among the biggest melts, most would probably agree.

Now, although their league position since Sir Alex's departure has been below their expected standard, the fans, on the whole, fail to accept defeat with any grace. It's because they have built up a winning mentality that they refuse to accept anything less than victory. This whole ethos runs through the club, and will no doubt ultimately lead them back to more success in the future.

If on the other hand, as a fan base you accept defeat or below par performance without any anger or frustration it will only lead to an acceptance of being second best by the club itself. Apathy breeds apathy. Demand 100% and you may get 95. Demand 80% and you probably only get 60.

We haven't won much in recent decades despite being one of the biggest clubs in the country. And I don't think it helps when we're just happy to shrug off defeats like yesterday in this carefree manner. Or the 3-2 capitulation against West ham as anything less than the disgrace that it was.”
Credit where credit is due, he's worked hard for it. It's that winning mentality he possesses, relentless negativity, ripping into the club that boarders on hatred. I'm made up for him, he's become a meme without having a YouTube channel too.

I would suggest it was him posting it, but it uses the word ‘pertinent’. The daft old cunt probably thinks that’s something his Mrs uses to unblock the drains

Back
Top Bottom