Yanited vs Tottenham, Oct 28 2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This place is insufferable after a loss. You'd think that we'd have had a good enough run leading up to this to not be so mentally fragile when something doesn't go our way.
It's so insufferable so I am going to make sure I come on here & read every word of it all.
I am kidding by the way!

So you think that it is good to drag fans down and make them miserable, fans that you then expect to turn up to games to support the team while you sit hundreds of miles away planning your tri-monthly occasional appearance?

Selfish attitude.
Tri monthly occasional appearance ??
Anyway, we was meant to meet up for a pint before the Swansea game but you couldn't make it. When's your next match mate?

I don't get annoyed. I just despair a bit that people can't be more measured.....and that applies equally to those who get carried away with expectation and those who just moan.

But I guess that's just football fans for you. *shrug*
All that despairing must be draining. You have good stamina.

I think it's becoming more evident we should have invested heavily in a top class striker who we can adequately rotate with Kane.
Scraping the barrel with Llorente is clearly not the answer, and it's unfair to run Harry in to the ground due to lack of competition up front. You can only achieve so much on the cheap, and it seems our penny pinching bargain hunting attitude is coming back to haunt us once again
What world class striker was available that would be content with playing every other week or most definitely playing second fiddle to Kane?

That's the most frustrating bit though. They lost fucking Huddersfield, under big pressure as a result, and we failed to respond

We lost to relegated Newcastle twice in a season yet beat City, United etc it happens mate

The day this god forsaken sport makes sense is the day I die! As Danny Baker says Football is just chaos

Thought son was unlucky to come of personally I'd of has winks off Dembele and llorente on for Sissoko just thought we still needed that mobility to play off.

Still Madrid Wednesdays we got to show the world what a side we are.

It's so insufferable so I am going to make sure I come on here & read every word of it all.
I am kidding by the way!
I know it’s a forlorn hope, but one day I’m hoping for a bit of perspective. Why do people like you only show up after a defeat? Why do you want to make this place insufferable? Everyone knows what you’re going to say anyway.

I think it's becoming more evident we should have invested heavily in a top class striker who we can adequately rotate with Kane.
Scraping the barrel with Llorente is clearly not the answer, and it's unfair to run Harry in to the ground due to lack of competition up front. You can only achieve so much on the cheap, and it seems our penny pinching bargain hunting attitude is coming back to haunt us once again
Haha

It has been a frustrating week of annoying results. If we beat Palace, we are still slowly improving in my opinion. If not, then some questions need to be asked.

Anyway, we was meant to meet up for a pint before the Swansea game but you couldn't make it. When's your next match mate?
Well, next PL home game against Palace, albeit it I have a function that afternoon for my 40th so will be in and out. Have a mate coming over for a drink up for West Brom, so if you are around then...

We lose, same old cunts in here looking to whinge. Fuck off.

As for the performance, meh, not the best, Dier switched off on the goal and Dele didn’t take his chance. Given the conditions, it felt like 0-0 or one goal either way. Disappointed, as I expected a draw at worst. Kane likely would have helped, but we’ve played well in his absence before. Just one of those days - one lapse in concentration did us in.

Hopefully Kane is back for Madrid. If we get the 3 points against Palace, we will be sitting third or tied for second through 11 games. In a transition season, that’s not bad.

He had ample opportunity and that is not his only quality.

I bemoaned the lack of Pochettino signing experience but if those players don't then bring that to the table when they get theit chance there is not much that can be done.
Maybe. But I still think we should play to his biggest strengths more & see what he can do.
But yes we probably could have got a better kane back up if we wanted one that badly.

Back
Top Bottom