TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. WEST BROMWICH ALBION

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This season unfortunately starting to become the 'write off' year at Wembley we'd braced ourselves for.

But shiiiiiit, tired team out there. Most of them just came back from a great away game in Dortmund. We need our injured players back pronto - and we need someone to share the creative burden with Eriksen. Whether that's a recovered Lamela or Barkley (or both) I don't mind.
Real shame Lamela wasn't ready for today, even for 10 minutes he would have been very handy in and around the box.

Lamela can't come back soon enough. Eriksen doesn't have the fitness to play 90 minutes 3 times in a week. Really disappointing afternoon.
We definitely turned it up the second half but had no intensity the whole first half. I don't know if the problem is just Eriksen but there really are quite a few players that could use a break right now.

I know that this is a problem that the other top teams face, but we just seem to be really struggling with the constant games for some our players.

Well we fought back well to get a point. Obviously its 2 dropped at home against a team like WBA.
But at least we didn't lose. They should have won it at the end. Typical messy Wembley performance really.
We will drop plenty more at wembley so can't get too down about it.
Someone hacked into your account mate. Your confusing me

I know people love Trippier and Davies because of their delivery but the slow the game down so much! This was a game for Rose and Aurier to run at WBA like Son was doing.

Gutted.

We just have to scrape a top 4 finish before going to the new stadium. That's all we gotta do this season. Hopefully the bigger revenue in the coming years will have a tangible impact in our transfer and wage policy and then we can get a a bit more quality in the squad. But we are not close to having a league winning squad yet.

Well we fought back well to get a point. Obviously its 2 dropped at home against a team like WBA.
But at least we didn't lose. They should have won it at the end. Typical messy Wembley performance really.
We will drop plenty more at wembley so can't get too down about it.

If you're not bothered about going into the new stadium with CL games, then yeah, don't be too down about it.

Boys...

We have a full plate.
Ericksen can't run marathons twice a week.
We need some fresh faces for a bit.
I agree. A change of plan is required. We're having difficulty balancing Europe and the League, and clearly our priority has been Europe.

We're just not playing with much purpose in the League at the moment.

Ali with another assist you fucking tits, even when he has a bad game he has an input. Knob off, he plays for our team you boring cunts
I'm sorry but he was one of if not our worst player out there so slack and lazy with his passing I don't want to have to say it but the money being put forward by other clubs is looking mighty fine at the moment

We just have to scrape a top 4 finish before going to the new stadium. That's all we gotta do this season. Hopefully the bigger revenue in the coming years will have a tangible impact in our transfer and wage policy and then we can get a a bit more quality in the squad. But we are not close to having a league winning squad yet.

We can’t just scrape top 4 though. Why would our best players want to stick around on less wages and just get top 4, when they could get paid double their wage to do that elsewhere.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a die hard Spurs fan, but unless we sort our wage structure or actually win something then we will eventually lose players to money.

Back
Top Bottom