TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. WEST BROMWICH ALBION

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our worst player who made the goal?
He also gave WBA their goal. Outside of the one cross to Kane, Dele was shit. Eriksen was also shit today - just horrible on the ball.

Son was the best player on the pitch. Need some rotation the squad looked out of it. At least we salvaged a point.

Not really. If we had set-up and played like that against BVB or Liverpool or Madrid at home we would have lost. So it is worth trying to humble ourselves more against United, Woolwich, and West Brom too. Thinking we need to have possession and outplay the opposition in that aspect just to get a result is part of the reason we don't win as much as United, even though we can be a better footballing team to watch.
Yeah because BVB, Liverpool and Madrid wanted to win, so of course if we had gone toe-to-toe against them we might have lost these games, but against the likes of West Brom, Swansea etc, even if you give them the ball they will literally pass it around until we get bored to death, don't imagine they gonna take the ball and bomb players forward trying to score (that unless they're one goal down or something). Smaller clubs will always look to get a point away at big sides, that's it.

I think its fair to say we really aint as good as we think we are.
At home to Bournmouth, Palace, West Brom, Burnley, and Swansea weve managed just 2 wins and 4 goals. 4 fucking goals.
The continued lack of net investment in the squad is catching up with us. Our cheapskate approach is finding us out. We deserve more than cheap punts on Llorente.
Levy and Lewis have a lot to answer for.
yup. I agree with you.i also take issue with 2nd place and a new stadium, plus a club record signing on a centre half, and our best manager in a generation .its just not fucking good enough. i want Alan Sugar back. Jose Dominguez, Near Post Neil and Ramon Vega. We were so fucking great then.

against the likes of West Brom, Swansea etc, even if you give them the ball they will literally pass it around until we get bored to death

So then let them do that. They will still fuck up making sideways passes in their own half and then we can press them. I'd rather win a match with a boring 1-0 than a boring 1-1. It's not like our gameplan worked today.

We could be in 6th place by tomorrow.

In fairness, thats about where we deserve to be.

Wembley has fuck all to do with how we play, moreover that fact that Dele, Son and Eriksen have no direct competition for their places.

When you look at the way WBA set out to play there were using the same blueprint as Bournemouth, Burnley Swansea and Palace. Those teams have learned how to play us and we should expect more of the same when Stoke, Brighton and the like visit.

I am concerned though that Poch appears to have learned little as to how to break down sides that sit deep. I mean it's not as if this is new now is it?

Be interesting to see if Levy opens his cheque book in January because if not i it's going to be a tough, long season.

So then let them do that. They will still fuck up making sideways passes in their own half and then we can press them. I'd rather win a match with a boring 1-0 than a boring 1-1. It's not like our gameplan worked today.
No it didn't work because our players are not fit for doing it (Davies & Trippier are way too cautious) and Eriksen and Alli who were supposed to be our creative sparks were off the charts. It's a bigger chance that we'll get a win by attacking and trying to break sides rather than wait for them to 'fuck up' some passes.

yup. I agree with you.i also take issue with 2nd place and a new stadium, plus a club record signing on a centre half, and our best manager in a generation .its just not fucking good enough. i want Alan Sugar back. Jose Dominguez, Near Post Neil and Ramon Vega. We were so fucking great then.
Sarcasm aside, we will probably lose this "best manager" if we don't invest enough in the team though.

No it didn't work because our players are not fit for doing it (Davies & Trippier are way too cautious) and Eriksen and Alli who were supposed to be our creative sparks were off the charts. It's a bigger chance that we'll get a win by attacking and trying to break sides rather than wait for them to 'fuck up' some passes.

I don't think it is a bigger chance at all. I don't think Leicester won the league that way. And I don't think Chelsea did either. We have more chance of winning the league (or anything else for that matter) with a counter-attacking 1-0 scoreline every game than trying to do what Man City are doing. Sides have proven time and time again that they are happy for us to try to break them down.

Back
Top Bottom