Tottenham Hotspur v APOEL Nicosia, Champions League - Matchday Six

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll be interested to see how Will Self approaches the game tonight... and in what surreal, sinister way he prepares his team!
fusiNByC.jpeg
images.list.co.uk_self-willf.jpg

I’m happy Kane and Eriksen aren’t part of the squad tonight. Does anyone know if Vertonghen and Lloris are? Hopefully not.

Our fringe players should still be strong enough, plus want to show what they can bring seems we are lacking in depth at the moment.

- Vorm -
- Aurier - Sanchez - Foyth - Davies -
- Sissoko - Winks -
- Son - Dele - GKN -
- Llorente -​

We'll match their formation if we play this.

As i said before we should be cautious of going into this game only considering our attacking options. Poch played a weird 3 at the back combo with Sissoko in the no 10 at theirs and it didnt really work. They had plenty of chances and if Kane hadn't been so clinical and they had taken their chances then we could have seen a very different result.

As usual my main concern (as it has been for weeks now!) is not playing with a proper DM and how that also affects our willingness to get the ball forward quickly.

Enjoy it tonight, those who are going. Am travelling back from Ireland after the funeral yesterday so won’t make it in time. Hopefully I will be able to watch it on telly. I need something to take my mind off everything for a little while & hopefully a vintage Spurs performance Will be the tonic.

Enjoy it tonight, those who are going. Am travelling back from Ireland after the funeral yesterday so won’t make it in time. Hopefully I will be able to watch it on telly. I need something to take my mind off everything for a little while & hopefully a vintage Spurs performance Will be the tonic.
Hope you and your brother (and his family) are coping with the loss. Never been in a situation like that and can not imagine how difficult it must be.

Hope you and your brother (and his family) are coping with the loss. Never been in a situation like that and can not imagine how difficult it must be.
Thanks. It’s horrendous, but the local community over there have been unbelievably brilliant.
I’m going to go back soon as I can as there’s so much to arrange still. But I’ve got things I need to sort out.

Our youth are pretty damn good aren't they? Seem to have done very well and topped their youth CL group I believe!?

Nice to see the usual standouts... Standing out.

I'll be interested to see how Will Self approaches the game tonight... and in what surreal, sinister way he prepares his team!
fusiNByC.jpeg
images.list.co.uk_self-willf.jpg
I expect he'll approach it with a deep insight into the essentially ridiculous nature of life, and instruct his players in a wryly ironic way.

Or maybe he'll just tell them to keep it tight at the back.

Back
Top Bottom