Tottenham Hotspur v APOEL Nicosia, Champions League - Matchday Six

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not watching but reading here about Rose... if he did react badly, fuck him. He's just another left back, we'll have many more. The club is so much bigger than him. We'd be over it in a week or two.
Maybe you should have been watching, just seen him and Poch having a laugh about his stitches...

This is the problem with Aurier, he is just a bit of an idiot, and might never change.
The problem with aurier, IMO, is he’s still not up to,the pace.
He hasn’t had a pre season remember.

To me he sometimes look a bit off of the pace.

French League is completely different from the PL Game a bit slower and you probably get away with a bit more.

I think he’ll get fitter and a bit sharper.
5 and a red last year in a full season, in the French league refs are different. Probably apply the law more rigidly.
Kyle walker got 10 yellows for us last season

This is his 2nd yellow this season the other one being with a red
A bit better than Walker.

We will have to see if he’s improved next year.

So after the forum collectively shat the bed over Danny Rose, perhaps people might now like to admit they might have misread the situation...
I think he was more pissed at the fact that he had to get stitches and the guy who busted him open got nothing than at Poch.

So after the forum collectively shat the bed over Danny Rose, perhaps people might now like to admit they might have misread the situation...

I think he was more pissed at the fact that he had to get stitches and the guy who busted him open got nothing than at Poch.
But it's Danny Rose, so his audacity in breathing wrong will be slated, he'll be branded a traitor, and TFC's mob will have the rope and torches out.

It's funny, we talk about media bias, say he's a distraction, that the papers will look for every half-instance to frame it as a bust-up and for that he just needs to go. Tonight proved that maybe the papers are just feeding US what we want, as we clearly jump the gun before they even have a chance to print anything.

Danny stays. :dembelefingers:

W9jXXjY.gif

I fully admit to misreading the situation. Glad that it seems to have been nothing after all. Can’t be blamed too much for reading into things after “that” interview though!
Unless you put it behind you, as seems to be the case for literally everyone whose paycheque reads "Tottenham Hotspur FC". Poch has numerous times said it's done, dusted, and Danny is working hard. Danny has said he's happy, focused, and just wants silverware and his England place back. The squad have clearly embraced him since his return. And despite all the rumours (which existed before his interview) there's been literally nothing to mention Levy working towards a transfer.

Dembele has been shit this year.
He was very poor tonight too.
Dele was very quiet didn’t make as many runs in tomthe box.
When Son went off we didn’t look as dangerous up front.
Nobody making runs.
When Rose went off same down the left. Nothing from there. Just passing it around the area.
As we had a right back playing there
I hear we have Many more left backs?

Let’s take into consideration the opponents.
I was a bit disappointed with our performance second half.
Llorente
When you think we had Dembele Winks
Sissoko Dele
That’s just kane and Eriksen away from what we’d play in PL and we looked flat.

I thought Rose did ok. Obviously not yet back to full strength where he seemed to have limitless energy. Bit rusty but got forward well.
I thought Foyth did well
Considering his age and he played alongside another kid with limited experience for the first time they looked pretty sound.
There’s the future there.

Back
Top Bottom