Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Such an un necessary argument, we're all spurs here lads. Your squabbling like them cunts down the road after an away loss! Belittling someone over the internet to make yourself feel superior "oh I'm a trueeee supporter, much more of a supporter then you are! Your a moaner, bla bla bla" put a sock in it lads :pocheyes:

Then when the next one wants out? Sorry, but what kind of statement does this make to Harry, Dele and the rest. If we keep caving in and taking the money when a player wants out we'll probably always end up one step short or second best.
Once again we just had the biggest attendance in Europe this weekend. I reckon we've reached the stage where we should now be capable of keeping our best players. IF toby wants out, we need to address the reasons why. Not just roll over and take the highest bid.
I know where you're coming from and agree to a point. But I still think that if a player wants to leave, it can unsettle the camp and better to get rid. I may be doing Toby an injustice by jumping the gun and reacting prematurely to tabloid speculation. If that's the case, then I will be the first to hold up my hand and take back my condemnation.

I know where you're coming from and agree to a point. But I still think that if a player wants to leave, it can unsettle the camp and better to get rid. I may be doing Toby an injustice by jumping the gun and reacting prematurely to tabloid speculation. If that's the case, then I will be the first to hold up my hand and take back my condemnation.
:dierpochhug:

So why won’t he sign a contract? My guess is that he thinks he can get more money somewhere else - and he’s probably right. I don’t blame him, but I don’t have to like the way he’s going about it.

So why won’t he sign a contract? My guess is that he thinks he can get more money somewhere else - and he’s probably right. I don’t blame him, but I don’t have to like the way he’s going about it.
The only options I can see for him is United or PSG. Of course, he can get more money in Chelsea or Woolwich, but he's not going there.

tenor.gif

Unusual concepts like statistics and finances can be difficult to grasp.

The results of football matches are down to an infinite number of variables stemming from both teams involved, not just wether a single player is fit to play or not. No one is saying we are better off without him, just that we have won more games without him in the team for whatever combination of reasons that may be.

Last edited:
He has respect for the club and he became world class here. Maybe it's just a hope, but still, I don't believe he would do it.
Fair enough, but it seems you’re suggesting he’d take less money to go to to a club other than those two out a sense of loyalty to a club he won’t sign a contract for. I’m confused.

Fair enough, but it seems you’re suggesting he’d take less money to go to to a club other than those two out a sense of loyalty to a club he won’t sign a contract for. I’m confused.
It's complicated. United would offer him more than those two. Still, I'm hoping he and the club get on the same page.

All games, I was quite clear about this. Why just conveniently push away the other games he played in, because are they not supposed to count? If you don't like the win and loss ratio's presented as a measure then fine but fuck off trying to use the same numbers but conveniently leaving out games just to disprove. You either use the numbers to back a point or you don't. I have clearly stated what I think of him, I've made the statement that he's one of the best CB's in the World, which you have ignored, odd.

Can there be more simple answer?!?
It is obvious that we should compare comparable things. EPL is one competition. It is consistent criteria. I could not care less that we did not lose in 2 tries to either of league two sides, hence making the loss percentage lower. And for consistency measure I clearly leave also out the one game he was in side against (once more, UNCOMPARABLE) League Two side.

I love how the media are spinning Toby's omission tonight as being a direct result (and proof) of relations being strained between him and Poch/The Club... Whilst conveniently- or just ignorantly - forgetting he's been out of the side with injury for most of the season! Baffling!
(maybe this belongs in the Media Bias thread)
:tobyarm:

Back
Top Bottom