Fa Cup fifth round- rochdale afc v tottenham hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He got the pen one spot on. You got schooled in basic football rules as usual. Now fuck off, troll
So you think he got it right then try and join in the forum consensus and accuse him of trolling us with VAR.

Like I said stand by an opinion for once and stop trying to just join in all the time.

Last edited:
Fucking hell.

What's next now, my diaper is smarter than you?

You're a mentally ill centenarian that seeks his self validation from an internet forum.

I feel sorry for you.
You can sit imagine all you want fella, just because you believe it to be true, doesn't make it so.
I come on here to talk to interesting people about a mutual interest in the club I support.
You stand out amongst the rest of the posters.
- For all the wrong reasons.

I no longer have any interest in communicating with you, as its a pointless exercise, you have no interest in moderating your posting style, despite advice from multiple posters and your immature, ignorant and boorish behaviour has ceased to be entertaining.
If you manage to live long enough, one day you will look back on your behaviour on here, and cringe with embarrassment. Assuming that you actually have the wit and perspicacity to accumulate any kind of understanding about normal human interaction.
Try and grow up.

Son’s pen was completely legal. You can feint on the run up according to rule 14, which is what he did. The kick should have been retaken due to players in the box prior to the kick being taken. The yellow card for Son should be appealed by Spurs, it was a disgraceful call by the ref and VAR.
No, you really cant.
If you stop your run up, you have to strike the ball, he started another run up, albeit one step and then hit it.

That has been a rule for years now, you are probably unfamiliar with it, because players have stopped doing it for that reason, and it's clear - the ref can book you for doing it.

Not sure why some posters cannot accept that their knowledge is the shortfall, and not the FIFA qualified referee's. As objectionable as the intrusion of the VAR was, the referee did what he was instructed to do by the VAR. If there's no issue and no-one complains, the ref makes his decisions and the game moves on.

The ref doesn't have to consult the VAR for every decision, but it it is there to cross check with if the ref has any doubt, or an issue is flagged to him by the VAR.

The biggest issue was that it was taking so bloody long, on a cold night, in a blizzard.

The first goal was a 50:50 tussle between Llorente and their defender, so IMV should have been given, but Llorente had a big fistful of the guys shirt, so that's a foul. But so did the defender......

After watching Dale for 39 years i pretty much thought i had ,I do have a soft spot for spurs even though i had 22 stitches in the 81 cup final replay from spurs fans .Somebody on here said i called spurs fans Cunts ,i cant find it in the messages i posted.Can somebody find it so i can apologise .
If they were all doctors, then it doesn't count as a complaint.

Thats a lot of stitches, what happened? (out of morbid curiousity)

I'm not sure about that. Even if we accept Son's actions constitute unsporting behaviour (which is pretty subjective), it occurred after encroachment. That should have meant the penalty was retaken.
I think that Sons actions stopped the game, for foul play. Therefore the game restarts from where the foul occurred, as a re-start by Rochdale

So you think he got it right then try and join in the forum consensus and accuse him of trolling us with VAR.

Like I said stand by an opinion for once and stop trying to just join in all the time.
Every other decision was poor - but the pen was right - never argued otherwise. Go troll elsewhere

Is that a rule? How could Son strike the ball from where he stopped?
That's the point. Players have gotten round that by feinting their strike at a point whereby they can dummy the keeper into committing, then changing the direction to the vacated space.
It's considered foul play to stop, re start the run up and then do it.

I THINK that is the way it's intended. The rule isn't unequivocal in the laws of the game, but that is the illegal feinting mentioned in rule 14, I believe.

At the time I thought the disallowed penalty and subsequent yellow card was ridiculous despite what others were saying. He didn't feint to kick the ball. You'd have to be a brave ref to give that, or one that wanted a bit of the limelight.
The rule looks pretty unambiguous. He hadn’t completed his run up. He was about 2 yards from the ball when he “feinted” (ie stopped).
Therefore the penalty should stand (or is retaken for the encroachment) - nothing can be done about that now, but the yellow card surely needs rescinding?

Good - the cunts hate us - that’s because they know we are going to finish above them again this season

By the way, what has Klopp delivered for them trophy wise? When does he start getting called out when, after 3 seasons, everyone of quality (apart from City it seems) knows how to beat them, especially now they have lost Coutinho

One man team entitled bindipper dole sponging cunts who harp on about JFT92 but forget that they brought shame on this country at Heysel and stopped our European glory glory nights in the 80s

Back
Top Bottom