Modern Football is Broken - Picture Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Makes a bit of sense. I've also eaten crocodile, now I don't know what I was expecting it to taste like but I was shocked that it was like cod, looked like it too. On reflection I guess the chap I had been munching was a fish eater as opposed to those nasty bastards that ambush the antelopes that Mr Attenborough films.

EDIT:
Makes you wonder what the hell frogs eat to make their legs taste like chicken.

Ah yes, I've had croc too now you mention it, in Zimbabwe, tasted good - you might be right about the fish - or maybe all reptiles taste ok? - certainly lizards and snakes are widely eaten

Makes a bit of sense. I've also eaten crocodile, now I don't know what I was expecting it to taste like but I was shocked that it was like cod, looked like it too. On reflection I guess the chap I had been munching was a fish eater as opposed to those nasty bastards that ambush the antelopes that Mr Attenborough films.

EDIT:
Makes you wonder what the hell frogs eat to make their legs taste like chicken.
thats why chickens dont fly. they got fed up of being snared on the sticky tongue of the frog.

3927232-6370088127-83256.gif

I don't know if it's keyboard warriors on social media, or 'Journalists' who grew up with it, but fans now are the most jealous, spiteful creatures I have come across.
There is no banter now, just vitriolic abuse with no credit given to another club. I remember the whole country being behind Forest and Liverpool in European Cup Finals, now Liverpool 'fans' have become so arrogant and entitled that they have become impossible to empathise with.
Sky must also take some blame for their incestuos elitism which virtually ditched all but 4 clubs. The Media in general have also bought into this with patronising language used when a small club does well.
I fear that the next generation will be even further removed from a local club to band waggon the elite, and boast of them from their armchairs.
At least we now have a plan and realistic expectations, although some of the above is creeping into our support.
Some semblance was evident when fans of Rochdale and Newport came on the board who were very excited about a replay at Wembley, but that attracted the inevitable Trolls too.
I look forward to winning a trophy, which of course, will no longer be important, just to see the reaction of these clowns.

I don't know if it's keyboard warriors on social media, or 'Journalists' who grew up with it, but fans now are the most jealous, spiteful creatures I have come across.
There is no banter now, just vitriolic abuse with no credit given to another club. I remember the whole country being behind Forest and Liverpool in European Cup Finals, now Liverpool 'fans' have become so arrogant and entitled that they have become impossible to empathise with.
Sky must also take some blame for their incestuos elitism which virtually ditched all but 4 clubs. The Media in general have also bought into this with patronising language used when a small club does well.
I fear that the next generation will be even further removed from a local club to band waggon the elite, and boast of them from their armchairs.
At least we now have a plan and realistic expectations, although some of the above is creeping into our support.
Some semblance was evident when fans of Rochdale and Newport came on the board who were very excited about a replay at Wembley, but that attracted the inevitable Trolls too.
I look forward to winning a trophy, which of course, will no longer be important, just to see the reaction of these clowns.
I agree with that, Woolwich aside, I’ve always backed Brit teams in Europe. Maybe it’s money, maybe a generational thing, they’re all just so unlikeable now. City, Chelsea, no thanks.

I agree with that, Woolwich aside, I’ve always backed Brit teams in Europe. Maybe it’s money, maybe a generational thing, they’re all just so unlikeable now. City, Chelsea, no thanks.

Yep, I feel the same......

But I think Arthur's point is, other team's fans would feel the same about us. Most of England wanted us to be knocked out of the CL and laughed when it happened. Why is that?

Why are their fans saying the same thing about us and we (you and me, Bunburyist) are about them?

I think Arthur's right - I think we're all being manipulated by the (financially greedy) media who deliberately set up an entirely adversarial context for everything. The 'hate' is not just reserved for your local rival - it extends to anyone.

Yep, I feel the same......

But I think Arthur's point is, other team's fans would feel the same about us. Most of England wanted us to be knocked out of the CL and laughed when it happened. Why is that?

Why are their fans saying the same thing about us and we (you and me, Bunburyist) are about them?

I think Arthur's right - I think we're all being manipulated by the (financially greedy) media who deliberately set up an entirely adversarial context for everything. The 'hate' is not just reserved for your local rival - it extends to anyone.
True, it’s an easy market to manipulate. AFTV a good example in fact

Barcelona-Mamelodi-Sundowns-703162.jpg

Barcelona rested Messi and others at the weekend, losing their historic unbeaten record, yet were still willing to fly the entire first team midweek to South Africa to play a friendly against Sundowns. Tshwane residents couldn't watch the game due to power cuts. Barca also have another game in La Liga after this. Earlier on in the season they decided to play for league points without fans in their stadium. Siding with local protests at the time would have meant an automatic 3-0 loss. It seems that more than a club went with more than a shirt sponsor. More of a business now.

Barcelona rested Messi and others at the weekend, losing their historic unbeaten record, yet were still willing to fly the entire first team midweek to South Africa to play a friendly against Sundowns. Tshwane residents couldn't watch the game due to power cuts. Barca also have another game in La Liga after this. Earlier on in the season they decided to play for league points without fans in their stadium. Siding with local protests at the time would have meant an automatic 3-0 loss. It seems that more than a club went with more than a shirt sponsor. More of a business now.
More than a club my arse. Barcelona are morphing into the thing they hate most Real Madrid

this is what will happen the moment we get a winter break: overseas friendlies, whilst managers will then moan about overworked players

Back
Top Bottom