TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs chelsea

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No one said anything about dropping Defoe though. You brought up that. We were talking about Siggy. I think Siggy and Ade should be tried in the Europa League, for example. Defoe and Ade in the Premier League at home.

While you may be talking about the EL, which is the first Ive heard of that, I was responding to Zins post, at first, who said nothing about the EL.

If we are to accomodate Siggy, by "reinventing" VDV's role with Ade, then that means dropping Defoe. If you are talking about rotating EL and PL teams, then say that from the start, so we are not discussing two different things.

IF Zin was talking generally about Siggy playing with Ade, then I dont see how Im the only one talking about dropping Defoe, unless he wanted to play all three, which I dont think he meant.

Anyone think Defoe can play off the left or right behind Adebayor rather than in the Gylfi/Dempsey position?

I thought at the start of the season AVB could implement Defoe into the Sturridge role, but then what would happen with Lennon/Bale? Ade would be better behind Defoe in the system we have now.

defoe is a poacher, a player with only one intention every time he gets the ball. we need a system that gets the ball to him IN THE BOX as often as possible. for me, that means playing him in a partnership, only having 2 strikers at the club makes this difficult but defoe, used correctly, will get 20+ goals and enough of those would be winning goals to put us right up there.
i'd play gomes up front, rarely he gets near the ball in the box and he dont stick it in the net.

IF Zin was talking generally about Siggy playing with Ade, then I dont see how Im the only one talking about dropping Defoe, unless he wanted to play al three, which I dont think he meant.

Because nowhere did Zin say he wanted to drop Defoe or even play Siggy. He just said he thought Siggy would be better suited to Adebayor. Not that Siggy and Ade should be playing ahead of anyone else at the moment, though.

defoe is a poacher, a player with only one intention every time he gets the ball. we need a system that gets the ball to him IN THE BOX as often as possible. for me, that means playing him in a partnership, only having 2 strikers at the club makes this difficult but defoe, used correctly, will get 20+ goals and enough of those would be winning goals to put us right up there.
i'd play gomes up front, rarely he gets near the ball in the box and he dont stick it in the net.

Agree. With everbody fit, our strongest 11 would be:

.....................................Lloris

Naughton..............Kaboul........Vertonghen..........BAE

Lennon.................Sandro.......Dembele...............Bale

................................Ade

.............................................Defoe

We would have great options off the bench in Parker, Hudd, Caulker, Walker, Dempsey, Brad and Siggy.

But that team picks itself for me

defoes out of the clive allen jimmy greaves mould, they are not all round players, they are goal scorers. i said used correctly and thats what i mean, he'd get tons for woolwich or chelsea as he's a better pure finisher than what they have.

Because nowhere did Zin say he wanted to drop Defoe or even play Siggy. He just said he thought Siggy would be better suited to Adebayor. Not that Siggy and Ade should be playing ahead of anyone else at the moment, though.

And I never said that Zin wanted to drop Defoe. I was making a logical response to his comment in which he said:

"The way I see it that position needs to be reinvented to work for them and the only way I see that happening is if Adebayor plays as the lone striker."

Feels like you want an argument about an issue when there isnt one to be had.

If you dont see that statement as having a single connotation relating to Defoe being dropped, in order to work a system which includes Siggy and Ade ahead of Defoe, then that's totally fine.

I read it differently, so we need not keep saying the same thing.

Zin is a big boy, and Im sure its better that he argues for himself what he meant.

defoes out of the clive allen jimmy greaves mould, they are not all round players, they are goal scorers. i said used correctly and thats what i mean, he'd get tons for woolwich or chelsea as he's a better pure finisher than what they have.
If he's so good as a poacher and he can play for the likes of the scum or chavs, why has he never been signed by a top four side?

Just got back from the game. Proud I the overall performance against a very expensively assembled team and so called champions of Europe whilst we were missing two of our most importamt ayers. Thought it could have gone either way. Some bad individual errors let us down but I feel every player put in 100% effort after a dodgy first 20 mins.

And yes, I stayed till the end to applaud the team. I'm not having some Chelsea cunts wave Cheerio at me just because we're about to lose a football game. Don't blame anyone who did leave early as they were being particularly cunty on the train back and someone with less self control than me may have administered some stabbings.

Onwards and upwards boys. I'm off back to my sick bed

Agree. With everbody fit, our strongest 11 would be:

.....................................Lloris

Naughton..............Kaboul........Vertonghen..........BAE

Lennon.................Sandro.......Dembele...............Bale

................................Ade

.............................................Defoe

We would have great options off the bench in Parker, Hudd, Caulker, Walker, Dempsey, Brad and Siggy.

But that team picks itself for me
I'd rather have walker on da right back....... parker alongside dembele......... but dat position behind defoe still remains a headache...... adebayor is definitely not the 'ideal' guy 4 dat position........ maybe they'd b played alongside each other...... or sigurdsson maybe played at da attacking 3rd

Back
Top Bottom