Players worth keeping an eye on playing for other clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought I'd start this thread being someone who watches a fair amount of football when it's on of an evening as I love it when a player catches your eye & then goes onto big things.

So far I've seen TFC members identity players like Benjamin Pavard & Alphonso Davies well before they became well known & with our fans seemingly spread across the world on this site, I thought a thread where you can put forward names that have excited you as something worth doing.

I've only caught glimpses of these guys so far this season but I really like the look of Saiz & Alioski playing at Leeds & there's a Kosovan kid who plays as number 10 for Swansea (Bersant Celina) that has instantly caught my eye in the 20 minutes of football I've seen him play tonight Vs Birmingham.

Anyone know of any others worth a post & for others to keep their eyes on? Could become an interesting thread

Bissouma at Brighton if we are sticking to English football.

I think it'll be interesting if anyone catches your eye. Samu Saiz cost Leeds £3m when they got him last year. Amazing price based on everything I've seen of him so far. He'd get into most Premier League clubs from about 8th and lower. Got to be something wrong if he hasn't attracted any interest so far at his age.

Special mention needs to go to SausageVince SausageVince as well regarding McGinn. It'll be interesting to see how he works out in the Championship

Pereyra at Watford would be a stellar alternative to have on the bench. 27 so just hitting his prime. Creative player and he comes with experience in winning titles and playing in the CL from his years at Juventus.

Junior Firpo had a breakout year at Betis last season as a left fullback/wingback. Like Ndombele it will be well worth keeping track of his second season

People also started talking about Ndombele on here well before we were linked with him. I'm really interested to see how his 2nd season at Lyon goes

Quite a few players to look out for at Lyon this season.

Auoar and Toussart in particular.

I also like their left back Mendy.

Quite a few players to look out for at Lyon this season.

Auoar and Toussart in particular.

I also like their left back Mendy.

Know anything about the German kid PSG have just signed? I've heard about Arthur Zagre who plays for PSG as a promising left back & Boubacar Kamara at Marseille being ones to watch but not a lot about Kehler. 37m Euros as well :s fees like that justify our asking price for Toby without a doubt

Know anything about the German kid PSG have just signed? I've heard about Arthur Zagre who plays for PSG as a promising left back & Boubacar Kamara at Marseille being ones to watch but not a lot about Kehler. 37m Euros as well :s fees like that justify our asking price for Toby without a doubt

Not sure about him to be honest. There is a guy on here who watches Schalke who would be best to tell you.

RocketRonny RocketRonny - is it you that's fond of Schalke?

Not sure about him to be honest. There is a guy on here who watches Schalke who would be best to tell you.

RocketRonny RocketRonny - is it you that's fond of Schalke?
Aye. He looked decent, good eye for goal as well, athletic, but nothing to justify 37 mil atm. Definetly a good utility defender for a top club.

Idk maybe 37mil is not so much nowadays and I still hadn’t recalibrated

Leon Bailey, been impressed with him in Belgium and just became stronger in Germany, he s rather well known now so not a true hidden gem

In the belgian league i see 6 players that would be able to make it in the big leagues : Landry Dimata, Jonathan David, Alexis Saelemakers, Sander Berge, Zinho Vanheusden and Giorgi Chakvetadze

Leon Bailey, been impressed with him in Belgium and just became stronger in Germany, he s rather well known now so not a true hidden gem

In the belgian league i see 6 players that would be able to make it in the big leagues : Landry Dimata, Jonathan David, Alexis Saelemakers, Sander Berge, Zinho Vanheusden and Giorgi Chakvetadze

Any of them in the Europa League this year? If so I'll keep my eye on them.

fogueres fogueres , anyone in the Italian Leagues that you think are worth keeping an eye on this year as potential breakout stars?

Obviously everyone's aware of Fekir and NDombele, but I also mentioned in the transfer thread a couple of weeks back couple of other players at Lyon well worth keeping an eye on are Aouar who plays as a left sided 8 in their CM3, a real tidy little footballer, who can see a pass, and Mendy the left back, still raw, but strong, quick with good technique and gets forward really well and does try to get his head up when he gets there, defensively got learning to do.

Pepe (WF/AM) at Lille caught my eye last season, even though they struggled.

Thauvin is also not exactly under the radar, but last couple of seasons he's really got his shit together and is constantly producing the goods (goals/assists) on a regular basis - and quality. Left footed ARM, he also works his nuts off without the ball and likes to get stuck in. He's very similar in many ways to Lamela, even the way they move, but IMO has now overtaken him in terms of his overall game development. I'm surprised no-one took a chance on him this summer. And also at Marseille, little 20yo Maxime Lopez is a lively little "8" too, tidy with the ball, tenacious too.

Kelvin Amian, a RB at Toulouse is worth keeping an eye too, although Toulouse seem to to keep pushing him into CB for some inexplicable reason.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom