Spurs v Liverpool, 15th September, 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is a pretty drab formation. It provides no penetration and has Dier/Dembele/Winks bunched together all been pretty useless.

Drop Eriksen back, take Dier/Dembele off for Son/Wanyama.

Trippier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose

Wanyama - Winks
Eriksen

Moura - Kane - Son​

Dier moaning at everyone else when it's him giving the ball away constantly.
Everyone squealing for Dier after the defeat to Watford.... they have very short memories of his abilities, or lack of. I can't even work out what his position is and his role in the team. Yank him of and Lamela on please.

Terrible first half.

Liverpool eased off for about 10 minutes knowing full well we were just going to keep the ball and do fuck all with it. They done well in that respect to reserve their energy.

Trippier must honestly only be playing because of his end product, which has been non existent so far. So much space for Mane, his corners have been garbage.

Dier? More like dire. Right side of a diamond? Never. You either play in a 2 in a 4-2-3-1 or you don't play at all. Sorry mate.

Kane has been garbage. Dropping deep, getting in the way, giving the ball away, trying to take players on when he has no ounce of pace.

Eriksen is so off the boil it's almost funny. The header in the build up to their goal was just fucking pathetic. Get hold of the fucking ball.

Honestly, Toby, Vertonghen and Winks are the only people in that first half who can hold their head up high. Lucas is trying though bless him.

--

Son, Lamela, Sanchez, Wanyama.

Four players there on the bench who would significantly make a change in one way or another. Can't go on playing this shambolic formation against Liverpool.

Poch has complained of a attitude problem since the United game. There is an issue. If there are a few players acting up or not I dunno but we might have to look at overhauling our squad a bit. And I am not just talking bench players

Then drop players. Playing with demotivated players and then losing is no worse than trying someone who might give more of a shit but losing. But at least they might try.

Was just thinking that. Makes you wonder if something up behind the scenes. There’s no hunger here or passion. No determination.

It does remind me somewhat of the AVB days at the moment, some of the players look like their heads aren't in it, maybe the lack of transfer activity and the fact that ground isn't built yet makes them feel like we are just in transition and we aren't really trying to push to win things.

I think this is why, even bringing a few new players in can freshen up the squad and give them renewed focus or maybe some of them are tired and just not up for the fight anymore, in which case we just need to move them on and replace.

Everyone squealing for Dier after the defeat to Watford.... they have very short memories of his abilities, or lack of. I can't even work out what his position is and his role in the team. Yank him of and Lamela on please.
Our most overrated player i'm afraid.

Lamela gets twice as much shit as him no idea why.

We have played shit but it’s still only 1-0 can bring it back. Biggest concern for me is Kane still looks dead on his feet, and Eriksen who’s been poor all season and I don’t think his head is quite right. I would get Son on personally at half time for Dier and drop Eriksen back

Back
Top Bottom