Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know nothing about the organisers of the march, but if there are links to far right or far right views then it absolutely affects his position at the club.

He's a coach, a teacher and influencer of kids who come from very wide and diverse ethnic backgrounds, if these are his "personal beliefs" then that impacts on his ability to teach/coach and treat those he's teaching.

Here is a selection of the West Ham U18 squad he coaches:
Anang, Sanneh, Jinadu, Dalipi, Okotcha, Belie, Nsumbu, Adu, Appiah, Baptiste, Mhassani, Khouri, Kileba, Mingi, Nebyle, Ngakia.

Just wondering how they and their parents feel that someone who openly and passionately holds the "beliefs" (assuming that the group is indeed affiliated with ultra right wing beliefs) that he does?

He is entitled to his beliefs (if legal), just as everyone is, but there are serious ramifications for the club, being "PC" or not is a smokescreen to the real issue of whether he has the fundamental ability to carry out his role without bias or prejudice. West Ham should also have serious concerns on whether this affects their ability to attract young players to their academy in the future. Will the kids currently there wish to remain? This type of position is very important, just as it is in schools etc. It's his function at the day-to-day level that is surely what is compromised not whether it's "PC" or not.

There are obvious financial ramifications too, with sponsors and potential sponsors unwilling to have their brand associated with the club.

Good post Guido .... my one thought for you is on this point ...

He's a coach, a teacher and influence on kids who come from very wide and diverse ethnic backgrounds, if these are his "personal beliefs" then that impacts on his ability to teach/coach and treat those he's teaching.

So hypothetically - What about the school teacher who goes to wife swapping parties in his spare time, the coach who dresses up as cat-woman on weekends, the council clerk who is a member of Antifa? is their ability to interact with children questionable? where do you start drawing the line? surely that's what employment law is for?

You say "openly and passionately holds the beliefs" but is being a keyboard warrior on twitter or facebook, where let's face it your posts are seen by 0.001% of the population, the same thing?

You caveat with "assuming that the group is indeed affiliated with ultra right wing beliefs" ... but hasn't that assumption already been made ... as far as I'm aware, and certainly the GLA and the police, who both granted the DFLA a marching licence, no local authority has ever branded them ultra right wing ... if you search the internet no recognized authority has ever prescribed the DFLA as anything other than a noisy and somewhat annoying bunch of lads ... several marches and only a tiny number of arrests would seem to bear that out ...

That doesn't mean they don't have some fascist thugs in their ranks but then so do West Ham and they're (ouch) not an ultra right wing organisation either ....

So he's a coach, a teacher, an influence on kids a man who's been in the job for a number of years during which time his personal beliefs do not appear to have harmed the development of Anang, Sanneh, Jinadu, Dalipi, Okotcha, Belie, Nsumbu, Adu, Appiah, Baptiste, Mhassani, Khouri, Kileba, Mingi, Nebyle, Ngakia.

Surely he deserves the premise of 'innocent until proven guilty' and not have people who have never met him, know nothing about him, and who won't get the chance to question him, feel perfectly happy to conduct a 'trial by internet' and find him unemployable .....

Last edited:
Good post Guido .... my one thought for you is on this point ...

He's a coach, a teacher and influence on kids who come from very wide and diverse ethnic backgrounds, if these are his "personal beliefs" then that impacts on his ability to teach/coach and treat those he's teaching.

So hypothetically - What about the school teacher who goes to wife swapping parties in his spare time, the coach who dresses up as cat-woman on weekends, the council clerk who is a member of Antifa? is their ability to interact with children questionable? where do you start drawing the line? surely that's what employment law is for?

You say "openly and passionately holds the beliefs" but is being a keyboard warrior on twitter or facebook, where let's face it your posts are seen by 0.001% of the population, the same thing?

You caveat with "assuming that the group is indeed affiliated with ultra right wing beliefs" ... but hasn't that assumption already been made ... as far as I'm aware, and certainly the GLA and the police, who both granted the DFLA a marching licence, obviously did not consider then ultra right wing ... if you search the internet no recognized authority has ever prescribed the DFLA as anything other than a noisy and somewhat annoying bunch of lads ... several marches and only a tiny number of arrests would seem to bear that out ...

So he's a coach, a teacher, an influence on kids a man who's been in the job four a number of years during which time his personal beliefs do not appear to have harmed the development of Anang, Sanneh, Jinadu, Dalipi, Okotcha, Belie, Nsumbu, Adu, Appiah, Baptiste, Mhassani, Khouri, Kileba, Mingi, Nebyle, Ngakia.

Surely he deserves the premise of 'innocent until proven guilty' and not have people who have never met him, know nothing about him, and who won't get the chance to question him, feel perfectly happy to conduct a 'trial by internet' .....
In my World, there is a massive difference if someone who likes a bit of kink to their sex life than someone who holds far-right views. The only time someone's sex life becomes relevant is if they are a nonce or a rapist. (Which all employees performing roles that come into contact with kids have to undergo background checks i.e being a football coach). This only emphasises the difference between being kinky and a nonce, one is not remotely relevant the other absolutely is. So I think the "line" is not a difficult one to draw at all.

Twitter is a public forum if he uses it everyone can read it, including those he teaches and the parents of who he teaches, let's ask them what they think, as it's their views that are important here, not those defending the right for him to say what he has said and when he has said them. If the parents take their kids out of West Ham (or if this fella was a school teacher and the parents of the kids took their kids out of the school because of it his views) it would be negligent for both West Ham or the hypothetical school to have kept him in that position. Just as it's been negligent for Catholic Church across the world for allowing its thousands of nonce teachers and preachers to remain in their posts knowing that they are nonces.

Would you send your kid to a school if you knew a teacher at that school was a nonce?
Would you send your kid to a school where that teacher was a racist?

It doesn't matter one bit whether he has the right to say what he has said, what matters is whether parents want their sons educated by this bloke knowing what they now know. It matters whether future parents want their kids taught by this man. If they don't then his position is untenable. This is what matters and this is what the actual point should be.

(I'm an employer, had this fella gone for an interview for a position with my firm I would have searched his name across all social media platforms, had I seen his Tweets he wouldn't get a job at my firm).

I guess it depends. As for a council member being Antifia, well it depends on what he does. If he dresses in black attacking police and members of the public he doesn't like, then, yes, he should be sacked. If he works for a left wing bookshop, I very much doubt it would affect his position.

In my World, there is a massive difference if someone who likes a bit of kink to their sex life than someone who holds far-right views. The only time someone's sex life becomes relevant is if they are a nonce or a rapist. (Which all employees performing roles that come into contact with kids have to undergo background checks i.e being a football coach). This only emphasises the difference between being kinky and a nonce, one is not remotely relevant the other absolutely is. So I think the "line" is not a difficult one to draw at all.

Twitter is a public forum if he uses it everyone can read it, including those he teaches and the parents of who he teaches, let's ask them what they think, as it's their views that are important here, not those defending the right for him to say what he has said and when he has said them. If the parents take their kids out of West Ham (or if this fella was a school teacher and the parents of the kids took their kids out of the school because of it his views) it would be negligent for both West Ham or the hypothetical school to have kept him in that position. Just as it's been negligent for Catholic Church across the world for allowing its thousands of nonce teachers and preachers to remain in their posts knowing that they are nonces.

Would you send your kid to a school if you knew a teacher at that school was a nonce?
Would you send your kid to a school where that teacher was a racist?

It doesn't matter one bit whether he has the right to say what he has said, what matters is whether parents want their sons educated by this bloke knowing what they now know. It matters whether future parents want their kids taught by this man. If they don't then his position is untenable. This is what matters and this is what the actual point should be.

(I'm an employer, had this fella gone for an interview for a position with my firm I would have searched his name across all social media platforms, had I seen his Tweets he wouldn't get a job at my firm).

So very much it's a case of 'what each individual does' as indeed it should be... and surely that has to be reviewed on a case by case basis. Are we now saying that anyone associating with the DFLA or indeed any group branded as Extreme Right or Left should no longer be allowed to teach or coach? There go 50% of the left wing teachers I was taught by straight away, they went on more protests than we had hot dinners .... Can anyone say exactly what Mark Philips has done before a full investigation, interviews, and review of the facts has taken place ... that is after all the due-process we're all entitled to .... you seem to already have him tried, condemned and executed ....

If you go through the 1,000's of posts from everyone on thefightingcock taking all all their words literally, probably including you although I'm not going to check, there will be about 200 people who not only need suspending, but probably arresting, at the very earliest opportunity ...

Extreme Right, Extreme Left, Racist, Misogynist, Perverts, even self-confessed Murderers .... are you advocating that they all should be suspended from work based on their unsubstantiated internet views?

Mark Philips has done the coaching job for four years, as far as we all know, there has never been an incidence of racism, no parents have ever removed their children because of Mark Phillips, he is very highly rated as a coach, and by all accounts well liked by the players? Do a few lines on the internet change his actions over many years in the real world? does what any of us post, so long as it's not criminal, really matter?

It might turn out that Mark Phillips has indeed gone off the rails ... but until those facts are known he should remain an innocent man ...

If the guy was too thick to realise that his public association with the group would put his career in jeopardy then tough shit.

You can argue about "ideal worlds" and "Freedom of political beliefs" - all incidents should be judged on their own merits - but we don't live in that world. West Ham have stepped in to prevent the further tarnishing of an image that they are responsible for in the first place.

But ultimately..... who cares.

More bad publicity for them, more fuel to the fire that they are all racist scumbags. Good.

So very much it's a case of 'what each individual does' as indeed it should be... and surely that has to be reviewed on a case by case basis. Are we now saying that anyone associating with the DFLA or indeed any extreme group is no longer allowed to teach or coach? There go 50% of the left wing teachers I was taught by straight away, they went on more protests than we had hot meals .... Can anyone say exactly what Mark Philips has done before a full investigation, interviews, and review of the facts has taken place ... that is after all the due-process we're all entitled to .... you seem to already have him tried, condemned and executed ....

If you go through the 1,000's of posts from everyone on thefightingcock and take all their words literally, probably including you although I'm not going to check, there will be about 200 people who need suspending, if not arresting, at the very earliest opportunity ...

Extreme Right, Extreme Left, Racist, Misogynist, Perverts, even self-confessed murderers .... are you advocating that they all should be suspended from work based on their internet views?

Mark Philips has done the coaching job for four years, as far as we all know, there has never been an incidence of racism, no parents have ever removed their children because of Mark Phillips, he is very highly rated as a coach, and by all accounts well liked by the players? Do a few lines on the internet change his actions over many years in the real world? does what any of us post, so long as it's not criminal, really matter?
What matters is what the kids and their parents and the kids and parents of future intakes feel about it. Do they want this fella to teach them or not? If the answer is not then West Ham has a major problem and the bloke's position is untenable. It is as simple as that.

It shouldn't have anything to do with what other people deem as appropriate free speech or not. Unfortunately, this case is being used for just that, no one is even talking about the kids and their parents, as always it's now all become what "you" think is right and wrong, what he can and can't say and how ridiculous the world has become and how it offends "you". Not once have you made any reference about the kids or their parents in this, it's all been about how you feel. What have you got to do with anything? Stop making it about you and what you feel. It should be about the kids he coaches and the impact his beliefs have on their development (whether they feel comfortable, safe, intimidated, threatened etc). The judges of this are the parents, and as I've said if they chose not to have thier kids coached by him then West Ham have a massive problem, this and only this should be what matters.

Work backwards from the kids put them first and it really isn't a complicated issue at all.

What matters is what the kids and their parents and the kids and parents of future intakes feel about it. Do they want this fella to teach them or not? If the answer is not then West Ham has a major problem and the bloke's position is untenable. It is as simple as that.

It shouldn't have anything to do with what other people deem as appropriate free speech or not. Unfortunately, this case is being used for just that, no one is even talking about the kids and their parents, as always it's now all become what "you" think is right and wrong, what he can and can't say and how ridiculous the world has become and how it offends "you". Not once have you made any reference about the kids or their parents in this, it's all been about how you feel. What have you got to do with anything? Stop making it about you and what you feel. It should be about the kids he coaches and the impact his beliefs have on their development (whether they feel comfortable, safe, intimidated, threatened etc). The judges of this are the parents, and as I've said if they chose not to have their kids coached by him then West Ham have a massive problem, this and only this should be what matters.

Work backwards from the kids put them first and it really isn't a complicated issue at all.

That's a solid argument ... free speech is so important to so many off us that it indeed sometimes gets in the way of a single issue ...

Has anyone referenced what the kids or their parents think? All we know is that parents and kids have been coached by him for four years with no previous evidence so far coming out of racism or bias .... If those same kids and parents now feel that his position is untenable that's fair enough ...

So what I understand you to be saying is he should be left alone and that the parents and kids should make the decision ... interesting call ... you might find it leaves West Ham open to all sorts of litigation for dereliction of duty as an employer, but fuck them, let's see what the kids and parents have to say ...

Just a point you might want to consider, if you got rid of every teacher and coach who's opinions kids and parents didn't agree with, you'd have very few left ...

That's a solid argument ... free speech is so important to so many off us that it indeed sometimes gets in the way of a single issue ...

Has anyone referenced what the kids or their parents think? All we know is that parents and kids have been coached by him for four years with no previous evidence so far coming out of racism or bias .... If those same kids and parents now feel that his position is untenable that's fair enough ...

So what I understand you to be saying is he should be left alone and that the parents and kids should make the decision ... interesting call ... you might find it leaves West Ham open to all sorts of litigation for dereliction of duty as an employer, but fuck them, let's see what the kids and parents have to say ...

Just a point you might want to consider, if you got rid of every teacher and coach who's opinions kids and parents didn't agree with, you'd have very few left ...
There are opinions and there are opinions, for me, it's not hard to draw the line between what ones are appropriate or not when in the care of kids. This is one of those which is so easy, I don't even get the fuss being made (well I do, because there is always a group who make this about themselves rather than those who might be feeling the consequences. The lack of empathy is either a form of racism itself or total and utter selfishness and ignorance on their part).

Tony Henry said they don’t want to sign anymore Africans as they cause Mayhem. Banned the signing of them as theyball had bad attitudes.

“it’s just we had problems with Sakho. When they don’t get in the first team they cause mayhem. It’s nothing against the African race at all”
These blokes have a real misunderstanding of the term racist. Tarring everyone with the same brush becuase of the actions of a few, or even one.

Put into context of a Headmaster who refused to take kids of a certain race/colour/ religion because one of them caused mayhem selling drugs, robbing or fighting before.
Nothing to do with the race/ colour/ religion at all though.

Banned for 12 month Tony Henry.

Then you have another youth coach going on a March that, in reality, is a anti Muslim group.
Wrap it up in any name you like,
Especially when one of its founding members Andy Swallow is in with Sullivan and WHUFC and is West Ham ICF.
Remember his antifa threat, all the skullduggery around being paid off that March?

Against extremism of any kind, but it’s all about Migrants,Grooimg ( by Muslims) , returning jihadists etc. ....All extremism though.
Wearing make Britain Great Again caps.
The cunt who founded them and collected as a charity and resigned under dubious circumstances (poppy appeal) around that is a Spurs fan.
What an embarrassment.

They are the same as the EDL, but undercover. A bit cleverer. Heard by not seen if you like.
They Parade a Sikh around Mr Singh as evidence of all races coming together.

His fear around Islam probably linked to his ancestry/ history in India.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom