PSV away - UCL Matchday 3

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Completely missed the game (first time I’ve ever missed one of our CL matches). I’ve seen the score but can anyone tell me how we played? Unlucky again, or was 2-2 fair? Did Lloris deserve a red?

Haven’t even seen the goals yet.
Should have won comfortably. PSV were no threat. Gifted them the first, dominated the game. Lloris red card all day. Bottled it from late set play. A monumental cock up

Completely missed the game (first time I’ve ever missed one of our CL matches). I’ve seen the score but can anyone tell me how we played? Unlucky again, or was 2-2 fair? Did Lloris deserve a red?

Unlucky. Ref wrongly waved off a Davinson goal, but we shot outselves in the dick.

Hugo went studs up at an attacker that had split the defenders just outside the box after a lazy back pass.

- Arguably our best performance of the season.
- 2-2 absolutely wasn't fair. We hit the woodwork twice and had a goal wrongly disallowed
- Yes, absolutely deserved it. Plain stupid.

Should have won comfortably. PSV were no threat. Gifted them the first, dominated the game. Lloris red card all day. Bottled it from late set play. A monumental cock up
Unlucky. Ref wrongly waved off a Davinson goal, but we shot outselves in the dick.

Hugo went studs up at an attacker that had split the defenders just outside the box after a lazy back pass.

Thanks guys. Sounds like another frustrating end to a game. It’s strange, as in the past couple of seasons I’ve been very confident in our ability to close a game out.

I2cuvIc.jpg
pffhah_the_doctor.gif

Pool got to the final with a squad that's pretty much equal with us in terms of talent.

We don't possess the wherewithal or ever have the rub of the green for that to occur.

Something stops our best players playing at their best at the same time and Klopp, whatever his shiny teeth failings does seem to be able to do that.

Well, that made for the most miserable kids bed time they’ll remember. Why is Daddy suddenly angry as fuck?! FFS. Supposed to be on HT holiday too. Fucking balls. It’s all about concentration and discipline. We don’t have it. How can we throw away such a strong position? £120 on two pointless home matches now. Fuck off.

2-2 wasn't fair in terms of how much better we were than PSV but it was in how we committed footballing suicide (for the third European game in a row) for their first goal (Toby howler), Hugo's red (yes it was deserved) and then the equaliser (collective shut down).

We actually played pretty well in between all that but once again, with our foot on the opponent's throat, we looked reluctant to go in for the kill and paid the price.

We had a perfectly good goal chalked off at 1-0 and the referee and his linesmen were shit but that doesn't excuse our shortcomings

The point is that those things would have been less likely to be so decisive if we had a stronger team with more quality.

It's not a certainty but buying quality definitely increases the chances of playing better.

I'll talk players with you, but i'm thoroughly bored of 'Levy bashing/Window Wars' personally....

Maybe a better keeper atones for Toby's fail and keeps the ricochette out? (We have a keeper that some are eager to see more of waiting in the wings tho for what it's worth).

Maybe Zaha/Grielish doesnt play a shit pass to cause Hugo to 'sweep'?

These are considered amongst our biggest assets; first teamers... Don't kid yourself; by design they'd be playing tonight... Not Grielish & Wilf for example....

So who DO you want to sign?

We need a boot up the arse scouting-wise; something I'm more than happy to acknowledge, but sadly there isnt literally a shelf marked "Guaranteed Injury-Proof Top Quality That The 10 Or So Richer Clubs Don't Want".

In the meantime, if Poch gets a couple of players in Jan and they and we flourish; i will be only too pleased. Either way i fully expect a fair whack of contract and transfer activity come the end of next window and I hope that all goes swimmingly.

#GettingOnWithTheSeason

2-2 wasn't fair in terms of how much better we were than PSV but it was in how we committed footballing suicide (for the third European game in a row) for their first goal (Toby howler), Hugo's red (yes it was deserved) and then the equaliser (collective shut down).

We actually played pretty well in between all that but once again, with our foot on the opponents throat, we looked reluctant to go in for the kill and paid the price.

We had a perfectly good goal chalked off at 1-0 and the referee and his linesmen were shit but that doesn't excuse our shortcomings

Well it sounds promising, sort of.

Not looking good for qualification. Obviously we have to beat PSV and Inter at Wembley to have even a slight chance. I expect Inter to beat PSV again, so we’ll probably have to win in Barca too. Hopefully they’ve secured top spot by then and play their reserves.

It’s certainly not over.

Back
Top Bottom