PSV away - UCL Matchday 3

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll talk players with you, but i'm thoroughly bored of 'Levy bashing/Window Wars' personally....

Maybe a better keeper atones for Toby's fail and keeps the ricochette out? (We have a keeper that some are eager to see more of waiting in the wings tho for what it's worth).

Maybe Zaha/Grielish doesnt play a shit pass to cause Hugo to 'sweep'?

These are considered amongst our biggest assets; first teamers... Don't kid yourself; by design they'd be playing tonight... Not Grielish & Wilf for example....

So who DO you want to sign?

We need a boot up the arse scouting-wise; something I'm more than happy to acknowledge, but sadly there isnt literally a shelf marked "Guaranteed Injury-Proof Top Quality That The 10 Or So Richer Clubs Don't Want".

In the meantime, if Poch gets a couple of players in Jan and they and we flourish; i will be only too pleased. Either way i fully expect a fair whack of contract and transfer activity come the end of next window and I hope that all goes swimmingly.

#GettingOnWithTheSeason
Bro this is such a superficial analysis that I don't know where to begin.

It's not about "player X doesn't make that mistake".

It's about the entire game and season, not individual moments. With more quality we increase the odds that we have more and better spells of attacking play, and of course handle opposing spells better.

The entire game would have had a different narrative. Maybe that moment (backpass) occurs maybe it doesn't because we move the ball better or deal with pressure more confidently as a result of previous dominant performances etc. Or maybe that moment still happens but is insignificant as we are 2 up. Maybe we lose 10 nil! It's about investing to increase your chances.

I'm not here to answer a question about who we sign. It's a pointless as me asking how many other prem teams have never signed anyone during a summer window whilst having the highest paid chairman in the league and soon to be highest ticket prices.

Way to annoyed to go into detail on the game but this game highlights 2 big problems with this current spurs squad.

1. Our senior players make mistakes in big games
2. We give away petty/stupid fouls close to the box. Trippier fouled his man in anger/spite which led to the second goal. But we gave away loads of these again and eventually paid.

Well, that made for the most miserable kids bed time they’ll remember. Why is Daddy suddenly angry as fuck?! FFS. Supposed to be on HT holiday too. Fucking balls. It’s all about concentration and discipline. We don’t have it. How can we throw away such a strong position? £120 on two pointless home matches now. Fuck off.
I mean, you could have read them something by Dick King Smith but that works too.
:dierno:

Damn- disappointing finish to the game. I guess we at least did not lose, even though it pretty much ends our chances of advancing in the CL.

Hugo's red card was terrible though. He'd have had a much better chance of making a save if he didn't go in like that. He was never going to beat Lozano to that ball.

Great assist by Eriksen for Kane's goal. Good cutback assist by Tripps.
Sanchez of course had a goal that was wrongly ruled out. We probably should have taken this one 3-2...

I'd hope that we still look to play as full strength a side as we possibly can in the remaining games, however, we should probably switch our focus to the league, where we are still very much in the title race...

Now it's stewed for a little while...

Massively disappointing, but it almost feels like we're getting the reverse of Woolwich's good fortune.

(I'm specifically referring to the recent article on how much Woolwich are getting lucky and converting way more chances than they should be. Flav mentioned it on the pod).

Perhaps the dark side of 'this is football', as Poch might say. Fuck it. It'll get better.

Do you have an idea of the type of goals conceded by the rest of the top 6?

Unfortunately not pal. I just tallied up the goals we've conceded and saw that the wide areas seem to be a strong source of success for teams going up against us. Not sure if it's the fullbacks or centrebacks that are more to blame for this but I thought it made for interesting reading. Set pieces and crosses seem to be a current issue

Bro this is such a superficial analysis that I don't know where to begin.

It's not about "player X doesn't make that mistake".

It's about the entire game and season, not individual moments. With more quality we increase the odds that we have more and better spells of attacking play, and of course handle opposing spells better.

The entire game would have had a different narrative. Maybe that moment (backpass) occurs maybe it doesn't because we move the ball better or deal with pressure more confidently as a result of previous dominant performances etc. Or maybe that moment still happens but is insignificant as we are 2 up. Maybe we lose 10 nil! It's about investing to increase your chances.

I'm not here to answer a question about who we sign. It's a pointless as me asking how many other prem teams have never signed anyone during a summer window whilst having the highest paid chairman in the league and soon to be highest ticket prices.

1000 x maybe.....

My post's not superficial at all.

Window"s closed... I moved on ages ago... Regurgitating this tired debate is not gonna change any minds.

There's genuine interest in my asking the questions i did (solutions?), whereas in the nicest possible sense i couldn't give a fig what you think of Levy... I'll pass.

Back
Top Bottom