New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No possibility that the 15 year extension to the Nike deal would include a stadium sponsorship? Can't think of any other reason you'd do a 15 year shirt deal (they're usually 3-5 years) unless it's tied to a stadium deal (usually 15-20 years)

Or am I getting 2+2=5?

Cheer up, we've got a shop. :pochunimpressed:
Seriously, they don't give a shit about paying fans. Imagine if the email tonight had been just a little bit different. They started by saying sorry, left out the crap about how great their finances are, told us exactly why there's another delay of at least six weeks, announced Chelsea was Cat B to help compensate (probably wouldn't even cost them anything looking at how pathetic sales are for City), and sent everyone a £25 voucher for the shop to encourage them to visit Tottenham and have a look round at the progress made. Instead it's just media management. Who gives a fuck if you're spending a grand a year or more to watch us, got to make sure our brand awareness is top-notch in Shanghai.

No possibility that the 15 year extension to the Nike deal would include a stadium sponsorship? Can't think of any other reason you'd do a 15 year shirt deal (they're usually 3-5 years) unless it's tied to a stadium deal (usually 15-20 years)

Or am I getting 2+2=5?
I could see that be worked in but it won't be unveiled until the opening. Nike wants to be associated with the finished product. Not the delayed build.

Disappointed but not really surprised. I hope it's not going to drag into the spring. Like all good things, it will be worth the wait. .....well that was what I keep telling myself.

This is more shitty news but probably not a surprise so I’m pretty numb to it now.

If it’s Jan we move in then I would actually love the opening game to be a 3rd round FA Cup tie. It would be a nice two fingers up to Sky and it would be pretty sentimental and great considering our history in the competition at white hart lane.

This is more shitty news but probably not a surprise so I’m pretty numb to it now.

If it’s Jan we move in then I would actually love the opening game to be a 3rd round FA Cup tie. It would be a nice two fingers up to Sky and it would be pretty sentimental and great considering our history in the competition at white hart lane.
The way things are going we'll find a unique way to be knocked out before the 3rd round.

Back
Top Bottom