Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wonder if anyone told Poch we can’t have full stadiums at Wembley every time.

He seemed down about the amount of people there the other week but it was an attendance cap put in place by authorities rather than Spurs fans not turning up.

Can imagine if you had the team in its nest ever position after so many games and the fans aren’t coming you may feel down about that too.

Sooner we get back to the Lane the better. Almost feel like he was told pre-Xmas was on due to his statement previously. Bet he can’t wait to lead the team out there. Sure that will help lift him and everyone.

Couple points on Pochs words, he is clearly talking about lack of signings.....no point denying that.

However maybe he needs to stop saying different things from one week to the next.
If you claim to be happy with the squad, and claim that we “tried our hardest” to sign players in the summer, but sometimes it’s just “not possible”, and that you don’t want to just signing players for the sake of it, and that the likes of Winks and Lamela etc will be like new signings and so on, then it’s a bit rich trashing the club for its inactivity three months later.

On the day we play our biggest game too.

So it’s either laying down the excuses for a defeat, or hitching his skirt at Real.

Either way it’s a dick move from Poch, because at the end of the day, win tonight and he sounds even more silly.
Everybody knew he wasn't satisfied in the summer, he was just being professional. I doubt any of the players are under the illusion that everything is plain sailing

Nothing other than like Pochettino he has not looked happy.

Look I have no idea.

Life is too short to allow the lunacy of football support to take even more of my time.

If Pochettino goes he goes. Same with Kane. The earth will revolve and we will survive.

Some very good managers out there and remember we ain't won diddly but we are also a super club.

Pochettino gives it up at his peril. Few managers do better when they leave us. History tells you that.
Yes maybe so but I for one would far sooner keep our current manager and let him see the job out providing he wanted to! Starting again with some else when there’s no need will set us back another couple seasons Eriksen,Dele even Kane might not hang around that long? Then we’re back to square one....again

He looked relatively happy at the end of the game. Laughing and smiling with the fourth official when we got a corner in the 94th minute.

I think he's seen a lot of positives today. He switched his team up to counter City and it worked very well (Defensive error aside). He's seeing something new from Sissoko, he's getting Eriksen and Dele back to full fitness and Winks is really staking a claim.

Somehow get a win against West Ham after 2 days rest and we'll go on a roll, I reckon.

He seemed down about the amount of people there the other week but it was an attendance cap put in place by authorities rather than Spurs fans not turning up.

Can imagine if you had the team in its nest ever position after so many games and the fans aren’t coming you may feel down about that too.

Sooner we get back to the Lane the better. Almost feel like he was told pre-Xmas was on due to his statement previously. Bet he can’t wait to lead the team out there. Sure that will help lift him and everyone.
If he wants full stadiums he needs to get on to Levy about the pricing.

He looked relatively happy at the end of the game. Laughing and smiling with the fourth official when we got a corner in the 94th minute.

I think he's seen a lot of positives today. He switched his team up to counter City and it worked very well (Defensive error aside). He's seeing something new from Sissoko, he's getting Eriksen and Dele back to full fitness and Winks is really staking a claim.

Somehow get a win against West Ham after 2 days rest and we'll go on a roll, I reckon.
tbh, him smiling at the end means his probably not overly frustrated at the result because he accepted city were far better...

tbh, him smiling at the end means his probably not overly frustrated at the result because he accepted city were far better...

I wouldn't say they were far better, not on the night anyway.

But yeah, going by his words to the media after, he was happy with the performance and probably feels we could have ended with a point. Which is what none of us expected before kick off.

I think this era is coming to an end. Poch is fighting on too many fronts. We’ll soon get familiarised with the bad old days though.

I think this era is coming to and end. Poch is fighting on too many fronts.

The era ended when White Hart Lane was demolished.

We basically lost Rose to injury (and hasn't been the same since), we lost Walker, We lost Alderweireld to injury and the contract dispute that followed, Dembele has declined and is on his way out, Lloris has declined and has had his personal issues, We've basically lost Wanyama. That's basically a spine of a team ripped away and it's wings gone.

We need a overhaul, hopefully starting with the brand new stadium next year. Some new fresh faces, committed players who want to play for Tottenham because they WANT to win the league and win things. Not use it as a means to play in the Premier League and play Champions League football or use it as a way to get their profile out there and earn a bigger move.

Put it this way, if Tottenham were a film over the last few years, it would have ended with the scene fading to black after the camera panned to Pochettino looking around White Hart Lane with tears in his eyes. Like the end of a Rocky film. We didn't win the big one, but my god we had fun and we showed everyone we belonged.

It'll come. Last season was difficult, this is proving to be even more difficult. It's seasons like this I feel where we see Pochettino grow even more as a manager. How do you grow and get better without challenges?

Last edited:
What do you mean exactly?
What I said. He was sold the job on the stadium opening in August 2018. He hasn’t been backed in the transfer market, and - and I’m I’m guessing here, he feels he can’t take this team any further. Having said that I think he’s acutely aware that his CV needs a trophy and that might delay his departure.

What I said. He was sold the job on the stadium opening in August 2018. He hasn’t been backed in the transfer market, and - and I’m I’m guessing here, he feels he can’t take this team any further. Having said that I think he’s acutely aware that his CV needs a trophy and that might delay his departure.
I agree with Joe

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Poch has been fighting against the odds for 4 years. He has done a remarkable job with what he has had to work with. But let's face it there is nowhere left for him to go with us. He has reached the ceiling. Levy will not back him with big transfers.

If he wants to go to Real in the summer I would wish him well. It's a big rebuilding job there too as it was when he came to us. But it would be a new challenge, fresh environment for him. We will most likely appoint someone like Eddie Howe who will be happy to join an elite club even if he has to work within Levy's financial constraints.

Life goes on

If Levy doesn’t move heaven & earth to keep this man, and back him every step of the way, it would be the biggest fuck up in my years as a supporter. I would be deeply troubled to horse noshing levels.

Back
Top Bottom