January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Eriksen leaves we need to find a creative midfielder that can sit and unlock teams. Depay is a Son, Lucas winger type.
He used to be. But he has become a much more versatile player since moving to Lyon. He's been used as a winger, a creative AM (filling in whenever Fekir is injured) and even as a striker. All to good effect.

He would obviously not be a like for like replacement. But certainly not a option to scoff at

If Eriksen leaves we need to find a creative midfielder that can sit and unlock teams. Depay is a Son, Lucas winger type.

This.

Eriksen leaving will see us move to 433 permanently (if we haven't already). We cannot afford anyone on Eriksens level or better than Eriksen so we need to change our style of play to combat that. Just like we wouldn't be able to replace Dembele like-for-like because not many in world football can do what he does for us, a change in formation and style is the next step in Pochettino's re-build process.

We've gone from 4231 with players who suited it to hopefully now a 433 with players who will suit it and take us up to a next level.

I guess we might go on for Grealish again. British, affordable for us, he can play further forward and float like Eriksen does.

No way at Eriksens level but we aren't going to find such a player due to the cost involved

I guess we might go on for Grealish again. British, affordable for us, he can play further forward and float like Eriksen does.

No way at Eriksens level but we aren't going to find such a player due to the cost involved

I don’t think we’ll go back for him. He’s not good enough.

Depay would be an excellent alternative to our Martial interest in the Summer, as he can also play as a striker and does so for both Lyon and Holland. Like others though I agree this position should be down on our list of priorities.

Depay would be an excellent alternative to our Martial interest in the Summer, as he can also play as a striker and does so for both Lyon and Holland. Like others though I agree this position should be down on our list of priorities.
Where would we play Depay and who drops to the bench? He's already failed once in England, mind you. Also - does he offer more than Moura? Not sure myself

Where would we play Depay and who drops to the bench? He's already failed once in England, mind you. Also - does he offer more than Moura? Not sure myself
I think Depay should be looked at as an option if one of our offensive players leaves in the summer. But if we can retain our attacking lineup we should probably not go for him.

He's way more versatile now than when he was in England and can operate as a winger, as a striker/second striker and as a attacking midfielder. So if say Eriksen leaves he could be a decent option to bring in instead.

Back
Top Bottom