Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Playing in a competition we aren't even in and thousands of miles away......and it's our fault their fans are singing it

Two 'song quotes" for ya:
"The thing I love most is being a Yid!"
and;
"Spurs are on their way to Auschwitz... Hitler's gonna gas 'em again!"
One has the word Yid in it... and one doesn't...
Now you tell me which is most offensive, and anti-Semitic??

The word Yid doesn't even come into whether something is offensive or not...
One song (our song) is about Loving 'who or what you are' and acceptance of being part of a different culture, even if it's not one you were born into...
the other is about pure hatred and vitriol and gassing Jews... Nice, real nice!

It's always been, and always will be about content, and intent!

But once again, the point has been totally missed by those poor, innocent Chelsea Fans!

Last edited:
I find it funny people are pointing fingers about which club is "racist" and which club has more "tolerant" fans. After all, this is football we are talking about. There's no surprise racism is taking place in England or any other European countries, as football is a sport mostly watched, followed and played by the working class, who tend to be uneducated.

Now, if these racism stories were taking place during Wimbledon or a rugby match, then that would be a crazy thing to hear.
I hate using the Disagree button.
But you are talking crap.

chelski should be deducted points and banned from Europe.

talkshite should be off air indefinitely for employing the likes of jason candy who are promoting hatred within PL fans.

I find it funny people are pointing fingers about which club is "racist" and which club has more "tolerant" fans. After all, this is football we are talking about. There's no surprise racism is taking place in England or any other European countries, as football is a sport mostly watched, followed and played by the working class, who tend to be uneducated.

Now, if these racism stories were taking place during Wimbledon or a rugby match, then that would be a crazy thing to hear.
You have had many a odd post in your stay but this one sure is up there

Badiel was just on the telly. For once he didn't mention that it was all spurs fault. Mind you, i came in half way through the interview so he might have got that in after 3 minutes...

DuVg-hqWkAEpW1E.jpg

The front page of a programme for a game against us 36 years ago, THIRTY-SIX YEARS ago!!!!!!!

The whole club fro
Badiel was just on the telly. For once he didn't mention that it was all spurs fault. Mind you, i came in half way through the interview so he might have got that in after 3 minutes...
Baddiel is a cunt of the highest order he’s using the yid/Jewish thing as a excuse for vendetta against us and it’s purely about football or am I mistaken? I’ve never heard of him being outspoken regards anti-semitisim except when we’re involved or is that just coincidence.

the fanbases of the Bluescum and the Spammers have such hatred towards us which pure and simply has its routes in historic racism.
There is mid 20s Bluescum kid at my work who cant tell me why he hates Spurs, he just shrugs and says ‘its Spurs innit’.
He grew up (depressingly in N London) seeing them regularly beating us, us not challenging them for petro funded players and so there is no reason for them to be concerned with us. we know they are our rivals and most of us were indifferent to them and yet the animosity is off the scale.

He doesnt know why he hates us but I do. Football is all about tradition. he’s not a racist but he has learned he must hate us because of the racist hardcore traditions of which that club is made up of.

They are scum. I detest them. Just wish the rest of the world can see it too.

The whole club fro

Baddiel is a cunt of the highest order he’s using the yid/Jewish thing as a excuse for vendetta against us and it’s purely about football or am I mistaken? I’ve never heard of him being outspoken regards anti-semitisim except when we’re involved or is that just coincidence.
There is confusion between the Baddiel brothers, both Chelsea supporters.

David Baddiel
David-Baddiel-008.jpg

Set up a campaign to stop the use of the word "Yid". Which then basically focused on Tottenham fans signing it, not Chelsea fans who were the ones signing it that prompted the campaign in the first place.

His brother, Ivor Baddiel

is behind the latest campaign (video posted above) which is squarely focused on Chelsea fans, Chelsea Football Club also funded the video. (please note, he did co-direct the first "Y" Word campaign with his brother, but as far as I know, that was his involvement.

There is confusion between the Baddiel brothers, both Chelsea supporters.

David Baddiel
David-Baddiel-008.jpg

Set up a campaign to stop the use of the word "Yid". Which then basically focused on Tottenham fans signing it, not Chelsea fans who were the ones signing it that prompted the campaign in the first place.

His brother, Ivor Baddiel

is behind the latest campaign (video posted above) which is squarely focused on Chelsea fans, Chelsea Football Club also funded the video. (please note, he did co-direct the first "Y" Word campaign with his brother, but as far as I know, that was his involvement.

Didn’t know there was a brother?

Finally the focus is on Chelsea where it belongs.

"You can't blame us for being racist because Tottenham made us that way."
[Goes to PSG away, racially abuses black man, sings] "We're racist, we're racist, and that's the way we like it!"

Of course Collymore is bang on here, as anyone with 2 brain cells can see. But the mentality CFC (club and fans) have facilitated over the decades has allowed racism to become an accepted norm.

I feel a little weird when other teams fans go anti-Semitic against us. Not being Jewish myself I think it's more the shame that this backwards, hate filled thoughts are even part of our culture. The piss poor excuse I've heard from numerous people of that "Spurs fans say Yid so we can too" is again insane to me. Is context for these things even thought about in their tiny minds?

I just fear in all this we will dragged into it all again and made a scapegoat of or claim we in fact are the racist ones.

Was there anything actually unusual in the way the Chelsea fans were acting last night, or are the media trying to deflect the attention that Sterling had put on them after what happened at the weekend? The story was threatening to become that the media itself was causing racism to become acceptable, and I was wondering how newspapers were going to counter that.

Not defending the Chelsea fans in any way, obviously. Their reputation among football fans is well established and goes back decades. I just think it's weird that suddenly this has become such a big thing on the news right now, when Chelsea fans being anti-semitic about Spurs fans has been a constant in the 25 or so years I've been following football. It's something I can't recall them taking much notice of, aside from a brief period in the '90s when they were closely linked with the far-right groups that everyone was scared of at the time. But it's especially been something that has been generally ignored and tolerated since they were bought out and became the richest club in the league for a while.

I think a lot of it is that it’s part of their culture. They may individually be very nice but as soon as they get together the mob mentally combined with singing what their dad sung and his dad sung, it’s become a tradition almost.

I don’t think players despite earning loads should have to put up with shit from fans, Sterling has every right to feel angry. Whether it’s their family, race, etc you wouldn’t go around insulting people like that normally.

Don’t disagree with Collymore at all, just always odd taking moral points from a wife beater and generally nasty piece of work like him.

As for the anti Semitic stuff, I wonder what their owner Abramovich thinks?

Back
Top Bottom