Tottenham Hotspur v. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 3pm, Saturday 29th December

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Personally I think it’s ok to call a spade a spade.

Barca was immense.....Everton was immense.....scum away was immense....

So what?
That means today wasn’t a shit in your bed piece of fucking garbage match?

No, it doesn’t I’m afraid.
We’ve been here before, Leicester WHL, Battle of the Bridge, scum at WHL 2-2, West Ham.

Key games year after year.

Today we could have gone 3pts behind Liverpool by beating some champo mid table team.

And what do we do? Lose our bollocks at 1-0 up. Again. Gift Liverpool a relaxing afternoon down the spa, knowing allllllll the pressure was off now.

5 steps forward, then kick ourselves in the face. Every fucking season.

We need to turn that corner. The excuses are running out.
No one is demanding the PL Title.

What I’m demanding is a change in our mentality for once, to match the managers big fucking words. Talk is cheap.
Sick of falling at the first hurdle every time a game pops up that you genuinely think “win this and who knows”.

Last edited:
Do you realise what a Cunt you are making of yourself and your pointless little yo-yo club? you didn't come on here when we beat you so stop acting like a bell-end.

To be honest mate i go on all forums before and after games, I registered this time due to the level of adverts you get if you don't register on this site. Obviously I'm not going to be as keen to read everyword when we have lost as much as when we have won... I'm just genuinely surprised how angry some of you are at getting rolled over by us, we aren't brilliant we lost at Cardiff and home to Huddersfield (I went on their forum too and to the games) I'm just astonished at how angry some of you are at one blip in the road, to a team that have been shown to turn up with some good results when otherwise your seasons been on fire. On most other forums debate is welcomed without being called a cunt, if you call people cunts then they are probably going to respond like one, if you don't want guests to comment and have discussion then don't allow us to register

It was....
Little further back under Ossie in 1994 we got our first league point of the year on 2nd March and first league win on 26 March.

1 January 1994 Coventry City H 1–2 Caskey
3 January 1994 Sheffield Wednesday A 0–1
15 January 1994 Manchester United H 0–1
22 January 1994 Swindon Town A 1–2 Barmby
5 February 1994 Sheffield Wednesday H 1–3 Rosenthal
12 February 1994 Blackburn Rovers H 0–2
27 February 1994 Chelsea A 3–4 Sedgley, Dozzell, Gray (pen)
2 March 1994 Aston Villa H 1–1 Rosenthal
5 March 1994 Sheffield United H 2–2 Scott, Dozzell
19 March 1994 Ipswich Town H 1–1 Barmby
26 March 1994 Everton A 1–0 Sedgley

It's memories like that means although I am gutted tonight - 99% of the time I have total pride in this team.

He’s had a elite side for four seasons John - he just hasn’t the required ability at this level. If you can’t win silverware with the likes of Kane, Ali, Eriksen to name a few you are not going to win it with anyone else. As I have said time and time again it’s the Redknapp era all over again and deep down you all know I’m right on this.

Just piss off. I dont believe you support Spurs. You show your true colours by only ever wanting to criticise Poch. Fans of rival clubs hate that he is our manager and would love to see him gone. You come on here to sow discontent. Your actions are so clear.

Our schedule was pretty ridiculous though.

_104846923_football_xmas_fixtures_top.png

But I agree, we cannot use it as an excuse. Because if we had won today, we wouldn't be moaning. We would have scored 12 goals in 3 games and probably praised the fixture list for giving us games in quick succession to keep our momentum up etc.

It’s actually a really great excuse. I’m not bothered by falling back on it. 3-0-1 in 10 total days is actually very good in every context except in the one where we are chasing Liverpool for the title.

One game. Big deal. Let’s move on...

To be honest mate i go on all forums before and after games, I registered this time due to the level of adverts you get if you don't register on this site. Obviously I'm not going to be as keen to read everyword when we have lost as much as when we have won... I'm just genuinely surprised how angry some of you are at getting rolled over by us, we aren't brilliant we lost at Cardiff and home to Huddersfield (I went on their forum too and to the games) I'm just astonished at how angry some of you are at one blip in the road, to a team that have been shown to turn up with some good results when otherwise your seasons been on fire. On most other forums debate is welcomed without being called a cunt, if you call people cunts then they are probably going to respond like one, if you don't want guests to comment and have discussion then don't allow us to register

You'd be taken seriously if you had appeared when we beat you, but you didn't so all your comments are fruitless.
As I said you are making yourselves look extremely small time.
You are not going to over take us or compete for a CL place so why bother? By winning a game against a club that is in every comp going and running on fumes is not going to make you big time or give you any form of bragging rights over us. It was a one off game and you caught us on a bad day that is all.

The absolute fucking state of some of you..The result was poor but some of the comments are beyond embarrassing.. When Woolwich lose the same people post pictures of someone eating Popcorn and boast about how they can't wait for Arse TV and the incoming meltdown.. Well look at yourselves before you mention metldowns, up there with the worst i've seen.
Yes we were poor and deserved nothing but it's that time of year when anything can and does happen, did none of you notice that Man City got beat by Palace last week? i happens, I just hope the players respond better than some of you.
Using terms such as 'bottlers and Spursy' is what we expect from pathetic little trolls from other clubs, but to see your own fans use it... well there are no words. Get a fucking grip and man up.

We have been on an amazing run of games, just come off the back of a 5-0 and a 6-2 masterclass, we knocked Woolwich out of the quarter finals of the league cup, we went to Barca needing a result and we got it. If that is going to be forgotten because of one blip then you need to have a good look at yourselves.
I've seen comments like 'Poch is at fault because he keeps rotating the fullbacks" etc etc, did anyone make those comments when we were winning week in week out?

Results like this can happen but it's how you react and we need to make sure this was just a one off. It's only half way through the season and if you think that one result changes anything then think again.
Liverpool will have a poor result or two at some point, that's how IT works, NO ONE WINS EVERY GAME AND WE ARE NO DIFFERENT.
The players and the manager do not deserve some of the critisism that's been aimed at them today.
You are right but you see this coming. It’s down to injuires in my opinion. Winks is not a DM his postioning defensively isn’t up,to it. Not his fault, he’s young and he’s doing what is asked, and he’s trying as we have had to play the same two in CM. He needs Dier, Dembele Wanyama with him where he can do what he does best, get the ball and move it on quicklyndribing forward into space

I don’t think think Winks has been the same since the injury. If anyone has been watching him he’s looked “lazy” since he came back. He gives up the run back after 30yards.

Games come thick and fast this period and need to rest and rotate.
For instance today we had one player we could rotate for the whole middle and front six
Other wise we had to call on a kid and a player on the scrap heap at our club.

We needed fresh players today but we had Just , one bar the defence, and that was a player who was probably still nursing his thigh
We have done well to be where we are with the continued injury problems, but it’s going to get harder. We need everyoe fit for selection pronto through this period.

How many times have we seen Spurs fade away on 70 mins?
The players we’re knackered and most probably had knocks from the last 2 games but had to play with them through necessity
Unlike the defence.

Last edited:
You are right but you see this coming. It’s down to injuires in my opinion. Winks is not a DM and we have had to play the same two in CM
I don’t think thinknwinks has been the same since the injury. If anyone has been watching him he’s looked “lazy” since he came back. He gives up the run back after 30yards.

Games come thick and fast this period and need to rot to rest and rotate.
For instance today we had one player we could rotate for the whole middle and front six
Other wise we had to call on kid and a player on the scrap heap at our club.

We needed fresh players today but we had Just , one bar the defence, and that was a player who was probably still nursing his thigh
We have done well to be where we are with the continued injury problems, but it’s going to get harder. We need everyoe fit for selection pronto through this period.

How many times have we seen Spurs fade away on 70 mins?
The players we’re knackered and most probably had knocks from the last 2 games but had to play with them through necessity
Unlike the defence.

From what I saw of the game the players legs just went after 60 mins, simple as and I don't accept any of this mental weakness bollocks. We've been on the cusp of an injury crisis for about a month and today it caught up on us.

Back
Top Bottom