Tottenham Hotspur v. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 3pm, Saturday 29th December

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At 2-1 up against a 'big club' we were going for a 3rd goal. We didnt even park the bus then. You are very bitter and cant just give credit where it is due. You dismissed us and got beat by the better team on the day.

Oh do fuck off you clown.. Why didn't you sign up here when we beat you at your place?? you are nothing but a yo-yo team like you neighbours. It happens, the little teams occasionally catch the big teams on a bad day, and that;s what happened.. Now disappear you Muppet.

The absolute fucking state of some of you..The result was poor but some of the comments are beyond embarrassing.. When Woolwich lose the same people post pictures of someone eating Popcorn and boast about how they can't wait for Arse TV and the incoming meltdown.. Well look at yourselves before you mention metldowns, up there with the worst i've seen.
Yes we were poor and deserved nothing but it's that time of year when anything can and does happen, did none of you notice that Man City got beat by Palace last week? i happens, I just hope the players respond better than some of you.
Using terms such as 'bottlers and Spursy' is what we expect from pathetic little trolls from other clubs, but to see your own fans use it... well there are no words. Get a fucking grip and man up.

We have been on an amazing run of games, just come off the back of a 5-0 and a 6-2 masterclass, we knocked Woolwich out of the quarter finals of the league cup, we went to Barca needing a result and we got it. If that is going to be forgotten because of one blip then you need to have a good look at yourselves.
I've seen comments like 'Poch is at fault because he keeps rotating the fullbacks" etc etc, did anyone make those comments when we were winning week in week out?

Results like this can happen but it's how you react and we need to make sure this was just a one off. It's only half way through the season and if you think that one result changes anything then think again.
Liverpool will have a poor result or two at some point, that's how IT works, NO ONE WINS EVERY GAME AND WE ARE NO DIFFERENT.
The players and the manager do not deserve some of the critisism that's been aimed at them today.
One thousand agrees in my opinion.

Bad day today, it happens, fair play to wolves who took their chances.

We are so short of options in the middle, would love to see a midfield signing come in the January window but won't hold my breath.

Hopefully we respond in the same way we did after the derby defeat. It's only halfway through the season!

Can't blame the schedule. We're not the only cunts with a busy schedule.

This is not a top team. We do not have the mentality of winners. We should be grateful to be in the top four. We will never win the league under Poch. But I'm happy with my lot. I grew up in rougher times.

Bad day today, it happens, fair play to wolves who took their chances.

We are so short of options in the middle, would love to see a midfield signing come in the January window but won't hold my breath.

Hopefully we respond in the same way we did after the derby defeat. It's only halfway through the season!

Whilst I still top 4 is and should be our target, and seeing a top 4 candidate lose is a good thing, I really don't want those Scouse cunts winning it. Already intolerable and it's not even finished...yet

This is not a top team. We do not have the mentality of winners. We should be grateful to be in the top four. We will never win the league under Poch. But I'm happy with my lot. I grew up in rougher times.

It's more likely under him then anyone else in the last 30 years. Back with him a few quality signings like the Scouse did with klopp and we'd be up there challenging.

We have had a busier schedule than the other top 4 teams, that is just a fact. Other teams have had injury problems like us though, except maybe the dippers.

Whilst I still top 4 is and should be our target, and seeing a top 4 candidate lose is a good thing, I really don't want those Scouse cunts winning it. Already intolerable and it's not even finished...yet

I never for one minute thought we would win the league but I also don't believe Liverpool will win it. Just a few weeks ago, every one was commenting how Man City are the best team to ever play in the prem league and how easily they were ripping teams apart. They have had a couple of bad results and now the league is all over. You don't go from the best team in history to also rans over night. Liverpool will have a bad period too and Man City will return to the force they were.

The absolute fucking state of some of you..The result was poor but some of the comments are beyond embarrassing.. When Woolwich lose the same people post pictures of someone eating Popcorn and boast about how they can't wait for Arse TV and the incoming meltdown.. Well look at yourselves before you mention metldowns, up there with the worst i've seen.
Yes we were poor and deserved nothing but it's that time of year when anything can and does happen, did none of you notice that Man City got beat by Palace last week? i happens, I just hope the players respond better than some of you.
Using terms such as 'bottlers and Spursy' is what we expect from pathetic little trolls from other clubs, but to see your own fans use it... well there are no words. Get a fucking grip and man up.

We have been on an amazing run of games, just come off the back of a 5-0 and a 6-2 masterclass, we knocked Woolwich out of the quarter finals of the league cup, we went to Barca needing a result and we got it. If that is going to be forgotten because of one blip then you need to have a good look at yourselves.
I've seen comments like 'Poch is at fault because he keeps rotating the fullbacks" etc etc, did anyone make those comments when we were winning week in week out?

Results like this can happen but it's how you react and we need to make sure this was just a one off. It's only half way through the season and if you think that one result changes anything then think again.
Liverpool will have a poor result or two at some point, that's how IT works, NO ONE WINS EVERY GAME AND WE ARE NO DIFFERENT.
The players and the manager do not deserve some of the critisism that's been aimed at them today.
Not having that, Billy.

We either accept that we do not have a winning mentality under Poch, or we attack the players who are fucking up an otherwise winning formula (Lloris? Winks being lazy?). But I don't think anyone who wants better for our club should accept this kind of shite.

Our schedule was pretty ridiculous though.

_104846923_football_xmas_fixtures_top.png

But I agree, we cannot use it as an excuse. Because if we had won today, we wouldn't be moaning. We would have scored 12 goals in 3 games and probably praised the fixture list for giving us games in quick succession to keep our momentum up etc.

Good man... well said...

I keep having flashbacks to Vega and Ruel Fox.....

Not having that, Billy.

We either accept that we do not have a winning mentality under Poch, or we attack the players who are fucking up an otherwise winning formula (Lloris? Winks being lazy?). But I don't think anyone who wants better for our club should accept this kind of shite.

And throwing those that had ONE bad game under the bus is the way to act??? how about we get behind them and rebuild their confidence? Will laying into them on social media help them in the next few games?
Yes they were all shocking today but they are never going to be 10/10 EVERY single game now are they.

The same people who throw them firmly under the bus will be calling them disloyal when they leave for other clubs given the chance..
They have all shown enormous amounts of loyalty to us in the past few years, we should try ad return the favour.

I never for one minute thought we would win the league but I also don't believe Liverpool will win it. Just a few weeks ago, every one was commenting how Man City are the best team to ever play in the prem league and how easily they were ripping teams apart. They have had a couple of bad results and now the league is all over. You don't go from the best team in history to also rans over night. Liverpool will have a bad period too and Man City will return to the force they were.

Was at both home games when we played them. In my view, Liverpool are far better than Man City this season. I was a bit disappointed with the latter, they weren't that good and we should definitely have had a point against them. Liverpool will win the league, probably by at least 6/7 points. I just think they're a more potent attacking force and a 9 point gap is a big one now. Man City - unbelievable as it sounds - have had bad luck with injuries. KDB and Silva missing are massive blows for them.

Was at both home games when we played them. In my view, Liverpool are far better than Man City this season. I was a bit disappointed with the latter, they weren't that good and we should definitely have had a point against them. Liverpool will win the league, probably by at least 6/7 points. I just think they're a more potent attacking force and a 9 point gap is a big one now. Man City - unbelievable as it sounds - have had bad luck with injuries. Silva missing is a massive blow for them.
Uum, De Bruyne has only started 1 match in the league so far, by far their biggest blow.

And throwing those that had ONE bad game under the bus is the way to act??? how about we get behind them and rebuild their confidence? Will laying into them on social media help them in the next few games?
Yes they were all shocking today but they are never going to be 10/10 EVERY single game now are they.

The same people who throw them firmly under the bus will be calling them disloyal when they leave for other clubs given the chance..
They have all shown enormous amounts of loyalty to us in the past few years, we should try ad return the favour.
We need to be ruthless. There is no loyalty among professional footballers.

Lloris has had a poor season for us. We need to be planning for his exit.

Winks needs a kick up the arse or he will become another lazy underachiever.

That's the reality. I don't expect 10/10 every game, but we should expect effort and a minimum level of quality.

If the entire performance today had been shit then I would probably be less pissed off. But to beast a team as fucken irrelevant as Wolves so comprehensively in the first half and then to take to the second half with such insipid abandon... well fuck me, that smacks of choice and arrogance. The team deserve this critique.

I didn’t say you parked at 2-1 up, I said you parked the bus for the first 60-70 minutes.

We were shit. I haven’t said we were the better team.
I don’t give credit to gloaters....from the minute you rocked up here all you’ve wanted is me to tickle your tummy and say “good boy!!”

I don’t give a fuck about Wolves. You were someone we needed to beat today and didn’t. Sorry if your insignificance bothers you.

As I said, enjoy the battle to 40pts
Someone's tired..

Back
Top Bottom