January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe Im delusional, but part of me thinks the reason we didn't spend this summer is because Levy new we wouldn't be in the stadium. So although yes, his past doesn't dictate making a big splash in the transfer market, I still have an inkling of hope he just might this summer. I doubt Eriksen holds my same view though...
I'm not saying it was intentional on levys part not buying but certainly think he was happy not to.

I've 'liked' this as the move has sounded like it's on for sometime and I'm glad they're not pussyfooting around. If the tradeoff of Dembele going this month (and we'll wish him well) is that we can then recruit in central midfield, I'm happy enough about it.

Edit: okay then...

A bidding war!

:levystare:

The shocking part is that he has been like tits on a bull. About £25m flushed down the toilet.
If we take Poch at his word then players are paid to train, safe to assume this means contribute to the team sprit and behind the scenes processes. If they do well enough then the players play.

If that’s correct then how do we know that Llorente has not contributed a huge amount on the training ground / around the squad. He always appears to be dedicated, reliable and decent enough. So I don’t think it’s a waste.

The shocking part is that he has been like tits on a bull. About £25m flushed down the toilet.
Slap in the face for the levy doesn't back his manager brigade, if true. Drops 100k per week on a reserve player that pochettino clearly wanted ( llorente said pochettino persuaded him to join us over the chavs in in a phone call)

Back
Top Bottom