Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poor management all round
Meh, from what we've seen he ain't all that. No biggie, we move on. We didn't pay a lot for him in the scheme of things and his salary isn't huge either.

When you look at why we brought him in, it makes sense given the season he had had, we got hin hoping that it could be sustained and even improved upon. He was a Mitchell signing so maybe a reason why he left???

What we do know is Poch demands a lot from players, those that don't make the grade are ruthlessly dropped. He didn't set the world alight on the field and we can also assume that off it there was also a breakdown there too.

I'd say that it's tight management, in that it's clear there is no way back, no ambiguity, much better than having a Bentley scenario on our hands.

Decent finish, caught Bilbao central defenders napping before they really switched onto the game.

After 10mins he picked up the ball in space and promptly launched it from the edge of the area all the way into the stand on the other side of the pitch.

And really didn’t show too much else apart from being stronger than their CBs.
It was a case of him looking like a man playing against boys at times.
He’s done at the club.

But Shilow Tracey looked very sharp when he came on.
Jack Roles showed some good touches and vision too.

Sorry, but to me Poch is just stubborn on this one.
You have made your point loud and clear - he is not the preferred option. Even more - he is just the very-very last resort. Got it.

But in current scheme of things -
1) Would it be possible that he would be WORSE than what we have seen from Llorente (against one of the weakest sides in the league)??? I remember, back in the day his hold up play and passes to teammates was the better side of his game. It would be even fine if he does not score but helps to fill the role of occuping defenders and keeping up the ball... I mean the philosophy is a tool, but our main goal is to get as good results as possible. Ain't it so?
2) Okay, even if not for the 1) - still, why wouldn't you keep the cards closer to you? If there is a suitor for him somewhere, why do you go out and say that he has no way back under any circumstances?? What signal does it send - that we are desperate to get rid of him asap. We can dream about 12 mil (thats being quoted) when we say such things in public. I doubt that he is among 1st picks for any clubs, so if I'd be in charge of say Burnley's transfers, I'd say - "okay, here is 5 mil for him. Take it or leave it. He is no use to you, you can either take that or just be stuck with player you dont need and paying him his salary".

Poch has come out and said the following: "He’s not in Tottenham’s plans the player. That’s so clear. Not in just the manager’s plans but the club’s plan."

Is there more to it than Poch just doesn't fancy/trust him? It all looks a bit weird.

Back
Top Bottom